Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 06:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...-south-street/ This crap just happened in Wisconsin the other day too. For whatever reason it is becoming a thing. Disgusting. I blame the parents and a culture of its ok to do whatever I want.
This crap is happening all over the US. Often times the kids don’t even know each other. The whole deal comes together on social media.

Many stores/ business areas are considering banning unaccompanied minors.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:02 PM

135 posts, read 89,855 times
Once again, the elephant in the room is being ignored because nowadays it isn't politically correct to call a spade a spade.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,614 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer Guy View Post
Once again, the elephant in the room is being ignored because nowadays it isn't politically correct to call a spade a spade.
that might be over the top

Old 07-09-2019, 06:17 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
It's been a thing for decades. Parents only have so much control over their children's decisions. Teens often go along with whatever their friends are doing, whether they know better or not. It's unlikely that any single one of the people in this video would go into a store a do this by themselves.

There's a reason why some convenience stores in higher crime neighborhoods lock EVERYTHING behind floor-to-ceiling bulletproof plexiglass that can only be accessed by the cashier. Maybe more stores need to start doing this rather than waiting for the parents to step in to doing something.

No, it hasn't been a thing for decades.

What, do you think these gangs are making arrangements at school, when it happens during th e school year, to meet at Walgreens at 10 pm? Or calling each other on the phone during the summer? These things are all planned via social media.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:01 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,099,640 times
This isn't a flash mob.

This is a group of criminals that mobbed a store to rob and loot.

They will all end up in jail anyway.

Tick, tock.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:06 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
I don't quite understand the whole picture. It looks like they were in there for a bit; it wasn't a quick hit-and-run. They were throwing things at the staff. Surely, in all that time, even if it was just 10-15 minutes, a staff member had a chance to call police. Was there any info given, about how long police took to respond, or when the call to police went out? Maybe there were no police available in the immediate area or nearby?

Old 07-10-2019, 06:31 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't quite understand the whole picture. It looks like they were in there for a bit; it wasn't a quick hit-and-run. They were throwing things at the staff. Surely, in all that time, even if it was just 10-15 minutes, a staff member had a chance to call police. Was there any info given, about how long police took to respond, or when the call to police went out? Maybe there were no police available in the immediate area or nearby?
Disneyland is huge. Security arrives in 3.5 minutes according to the clip. All of them were on foot (or so it appears). I doubt that there's a security team waiting around every 100 feet. Seems to me they made good time considering the circumstances. Does security not have electric carts to quickly go from here to there?

Mostly what I noticed was a lack of recognizable uniform outside of the red strip up and down the pants. Some security personnel didn't even have that. I wouldn't have recognize any of them as Security if I was a tourist.

I've never been to Disneyland. I have no desire to go. I have even less desire to go now that I've seen that?!

Old 07-10-2019, 07:01 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Maybe more stores need to start doing this rather than waiting for the parents to step in to doing something.
When I was a teen I wouldn't have "followed" a crowd to do this. These kids are followers. And why should a business have to bear the added expense of floor to ceiling bulletproof plexiglass. It is less expensive to serve customers elsewhere.

Old 07-10-2019, 07:03 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Blaming the victim? Why should a worker be put in the position to have to call the police in the first place? You do realize that other business owners see this and it effects their decision on locations to expand.

Old 07-10-2019, 07:17 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,513,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer Guy View Post
Interesting choice of words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events