Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2019, 04:42 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,249,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
She wasn't doing too well at that, was she? If she'd had any idea what direction to hike in, she would have been back at the road in an hour or two. I would have more respect for her as an "experienced hiker" if she would come out and say, "Once I realized I was lost, I decided to stay put by the first water I found and wait for rescuers." That would be sensible, instead of all this nonsense about "traveling" by night when she wasn't going anywhere, actually.
I hike all the time, tho not normally in such treacherous places. Even on 5 to 6 mile hikes, I watch the sun to know east and west and if I'm going away from where I parked or towards it. When they drove into the campsite, she should have known what direction she ran and what direction to get back and not have to take 4 days getting back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
If there were scatches on her wrists, she could have done it herself. Any why no footprints of attacker nearby. Why no screams that her husband would hear. Why couldnt tracking dogs locate her?
I don't know what happened but i am thinking a planned scam to get money from Go Fund Me, and notariety.
I thought that about the scratches too. I wonder if the nail marks were compared to her own nails. Were there any people at the main campsite that were questioned about this man? IMO, the description of him was very vague.

Not knowing much about this area, are there bugs this time of year? Four days in the wilderness, no bug bites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 04:46 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,597,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I'm going with the wife and dog were not with him when he entered the park/campground.

I did not read the story or the link. I am going by what y'all are posting/talking about.
Glad I was wrong!

Old 07-17-2019, 04:57 PM

14,451 posts, read 11,950,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahncss View Post
Not knowing much about this area, are there bugs this time of year? Four days in the wilderness, no bug bites?
Actually, that area is probably too dry for very many mosquitoes to be around. I've been bitten plenty, but only in swampy areas or while hiking through vegetation near streams or lakes. There are few bugs in the more arid parts of California mountains, which this definitely was.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:05 PM

102,453 posts, read 108,880,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
If there were scatches on her wrists, she could have done it herself. Any why no footprints of attacker nearby. Why no screams that her husband would hear. Why couldnt tracking dogs locate her?
I don't know what happened but i am thinking a planned scam to get money from Go Fund Me, and notariety.
We don't know that there weren't his footprints nearby, in the beginning. Also, some of the terrain was rocky, so it wouldn't show a footprint. She didn't scream, because he told her not to scream. The next day, if she screamed, he might have heard her and come back.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:33 PM

503 posts, read 1,461,100 times
I watched the video. Didn’t really look like nail marks on my phone. Maybe from rocks. Like if she scraped her arm on a sharp rock?

Dog looks really good for being there for 4 days no food, little water. So does she for that matter. No other damage to her? No sunburn?

In the video she almost seemed to be slurring her words. Maybe they got her doped up?

Old 07-17-2019, 06:39 PM

102,453 posts, read 108,880,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertrose34 View Post
I watched the video. Didn’t really look like nail marks on my phone. Maybe from rocks. Like if she scraped her arm on a sharp rock?

Dog looks really good for being there for 4 days no food, little water. So does she for that matter. No other damage to her? No sunburn?

In the video she almost seemed to be slurring her words. Maybe they got her doped up?
I thought I saw some kind of a wound or sunburn to the side of one eye, her left eye, in the video. It extended down from the end of her eyebrow. She doesn't look as vibrant now, and as someone else noted--not as young, as in earlier photos. Maybe those were older photos, and now we're seeing photos of her at 60, i.e. currently.

At least she's home now, and her kids have their mom back, and her husband has his wife back. One article said, they will continue to go camping, but in the future they will arm themselves.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:46 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 25 days ago)

36,140 posts, read 18,424,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I thought I saw some kind of a wound or sunburn to the side of one eye, her left eye, in the video. It extended down from the end of her eyebrow. She doesn't look as vibrant now, and as someone else noted--not as young, as in earlier photos. Maybe those were older photos, and now we're seeing photos of her at 60, i.e. currently.

At least she's home now, and her kids have their mom back, and her husband has his wife back. One article said, they will continue to go camping, but in the future they will arm themselves.
So Ruth, I enjoy reading your posts and always am interested in what you have to say.

It seems you believe there was a knife wielding attacker. I just don't. Do you also believe he was with her the entire first day, and she was having to continuously avoid him during that time, as some stories have stated?

I guess this case just reminds me too much of Audrey Seiler, who disappeared in 2005, having faked her own abduction and came up with a story of a knife wielding intruder who kidnapped her and held her hostage in a swamp.

This story just sounds too familiar.

https://wcfcourier.com/news/breaking...f700bdb6a.html

Old 07-17-2019, 06:48 PM

17,436 posts, read 11,461,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

How about in the future they use some common sense?

Old 07-17-2019, 06:50 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 25 days ago)

36,140 posts, read 18,424,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
How about in the future they use some common sense?
God knows, this man's not going to go repark the car ever again.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:54 PM

17,436 posts, read 11,461,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
God knows, this man's not going to go repark the car ever again.
Maybe next time she won't wander off either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events