Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 04:32 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,454,601 times

Advertisements

People wander off trails and then become hopelessly turned around from time to time.

Maybe she decided to take a potty break while hubby was parking or decided to walk the dog for one and is wandering in the opposite direction she should be going.

Maybe something grabbed the dog and she ran to try to rescue it falling into a crevice, hole etc and injuring herself. Even if the dog barked or she screamed hubby may have had the windows closed/radio on and not heard her or the dog.

Obviously of course they will investigate the husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
Possible, but wouldn't there been some kind of trail of prints? Could have fell through a sinkhole or mineshaft, but still no signs of that either.
Could a hawk or owl grab a dog that small? I think they said it was only 5 lbs.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:35 PM

50,411 posts, read 47,145,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
People wander off trails and then become hopelessly turned around from time to time.

Maybe she decided to take a potty break while hubby was parking or decided to walk the dog for one and is wandering in the opposite direction she should be going.

Maybe something grabbed the dog and she ran to try to rescue it falling into a crevice, hole etc and injuring herself. Even if the dog barked or she screamed hubby may have had the windows closed/radio on and not heard her or the dog.

Obviously of course they will investigate the husband.
Some girl got lost on Maui. How is that even possible. Lost on a small island.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:41 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,485,897 times
Quote:

Maybe.

What grabbed the woman?

No blood. No signs of any struggle. No screams. No barking. Husband was re-positioning the car, presumably without earshot. Poof! Gone quicker than a puff of smoke. No signs. No clues. No nothing. I'm sure the husband could come up with a better alibi and story than this crazy, unbelievable mess.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times
In this article, there is a link to the GoFundMe page set up by her son. When I last looked, they had gotten 16k after asking for 10K for helicopter search funds, etc.

This is an old dog she had, with a crippled leg, who certainly wouldn't have gone running off. Any car that might have come by would absolutely have been noticeable by the husband who is parking the truck, it would seem.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...2QSPw7xI45qEtg

Here are the coordinates her son has posted, of her latitude and longitude when she disappeared. You just copy and paste them into the Google Maps search bar, and then use 3D satellite. First, it seems there's no way that's accurate because no one attempts to pitch a tent on a hillside like that, but I think if you look toward the road, that's where he pulled off to claim the campsite.

37.330353, -118.199837

Old 07-14-2019, 04:46 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,427,674 times
Quote:
Inyo does have goshawks, golden eagles etc.

Yes, there have been instances of those (along with eagleowls and great horned owls) taking small dogs.

Some of these birds can take a small deer.

And yes, some are aggressive.

If the dog was on a leash it would be unlikely, I would think.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 07-14-2019 at 05:16 PM..

Old 07-14-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Maybe.

What grabbed the woman?

No blood. No signs of any struggle. No screams. No barking. Husband was re-positioning the car, presumably without earshot. Poof! Gone quicker than a puff of smoke. No signs. No clues. No nothing. I'm sure the husband could come up with a better alibi and story than this crazy, unbelievable mess.
Maybe nothing grabbed the woman. Maybe she fell into a crevice, hole, over a cliff trying to rescue the dog. She could have hit her head knocking herself unconscious or unable to scream or even killing herself.

If a hawk picked up the dog there wouldn't necessarily be signs of struggle or blood.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:52 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,427,674 times
^ Right. You wouldn’t even know it was happening- until it happens. Zoom.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...me-8211-twice/

I’ve been knocked around by Cooper’s hawks. Goshawks are much bigger.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Some girl got lost on Maui. How is that even possible. Lost on a small island.
Yep. It happens. She got lucky because the family was able to raise funds to extend the search beyond what was normal timeframes and they found her.

If I recall, hadn't she also fallen and injured herself?

Old 07-14-2019, 04:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times
Can someone else google these coordinates of the exact spot she went missing and weigh in here?

I'm not seeing ANYWHERE she could have fallen where she wouldn't be obvious. Yes, she could have tripped over a rock and hit her head and went unconscious, but her DOG would still be conscious and there she'd be, lying on the ground.

37.330353, -118.199837
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events