Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 10:51 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,242,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, one of the comments on their FB page says, that there was a murder RECENTLY, near the same site! It asks, if the perp from that incident had been apprehended, or if this could be the same guy.

The plot thickens. LE is going to have some explaining to do. Any way you look at it, there's a lot more to this story.

And guess what, folks? With so much homelessness in the country, our national parks, national forests, and campsites aren't safe.
According to the son's update, not the same guy.

Update: this apparently happened at 2am on Thursday so couldn’t have been the same person but still please reach out to the detective. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/gpowellhb?_..._h5h_-ZgkgLGxk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 11:07 PM

102,309 posts, read 108,476,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
She was "traveling by night"...to where? Not back to the campsite. But she was only about two miles away. Had she been deliberately walking in circles? What was the point of this traveling?

I hope we get some answers, but now that she's been found safe, the info will probably dry up for privacy reasons.
I've been wondering about that, too. 2.5 miles, and she was moving on a downhill slope, according to info so far; that distance can be covered in an hour or so, depending on the terrain.

Presumably, the point of the traveling, was to make sure she was away from the bad guy, but she was only about 2 miles away from where she'd encountered him. That's way too close for comfort. Or maybe not, depending on the terrain.

I hope, that after she's rested and eaten, we'll get a more coherent narrative from her. And it doesn't look to me like the family's concerned about privacy. *ahem*. It's a little too late for that, now. I'm hoping their son will edit his FB post tomorrow.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:17 PM

102,309 posts, read 108,476,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahncss View Post
According to the son's update, not the same guy.

Update: this apparently happened at 2am on Thursday so couldn’t have been the same person but still please reach out to the detective. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/gpowellhb?_..._h5h_-ZgkgLGxk
In a completely different county, and that perp was shot and killed on the spot. Thank you for this update.
I'm curious about the guy with the knife. how did he get there; hike in? If he hiked in, where's his stuff? Did he hitch a ride into the general area? Strange.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:17 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,046,337 times
The son's FB post has been removed.

Anyone who saw it before it was removed can still see it because it is cached, but please stop posting the dead FB link.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:36 PM

1,153 posts, read 570,725 times
That's good they removed the post. It was weird to have provided that level of detail, they are most likely very traumatised and not thinking straight.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In a completely different county, and that perp was shot and killed on the spot. Thank you for this update.
I'm curious about the guy with the knife. how did he get there; hike in? If he hiked in, where's his stuff? Did he hitch a ride into the general area? Strange.
It makes no sense.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:39 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,476,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
That's good they removed the post. It was weird to have provided that level of detail, they are most likely very traumatised and not thinking straight.
Very weird!!

Also, not smart from an investigative/LEO perspective to provide all those details that may later help LEO arrest or convict someone or weed out any crackpots who give a false confession for attention.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
The son's FB post has been removed.

Anyone who saw it before it was removed can still see it because it is cached, but please stop posting the dead FB link.
It's not removed. He has it public, so anyone can still see it.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:46 PM

1,153 posts, read 570,725 times
They need to remove it. No-one needs to read that level of detail and what is her son even thinking, posting it?

Also, what Blondy said:

Quote:
not smart from an investigative/LEO perspective to provide all those details that may later help LEO arrest or convict someone or weed out any crackpots who give a false confession for attention.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,149,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Very glad that this woman and her dog were found safe and well.

I found the son's report of the events very strange - there's no way I would be telling my grown up son about that detail about what my potential rapist said.
I am so glad too but dang ... I have 6 sons between the ages of 23 & 33 ... just not going there. No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events