Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2019, 12:02 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,462,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
SUSPICIOUSLY good shape -- both of them. Book/movie deal in the offing?
Doesn't seem like enough material for a book or movie to me.

Maybe if knife wielding man was chasing her the whole time or holding her captive the whole time.

One thing I noticed today when looking for any updated info was the picture of her in the hospital bed surrounded by family.

Her shirt was on inside out. But, you could still see purple stains all over the front of it. Guessing she really did find a cactus fruit to eat after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 12:08 PM

14,379 posts, read 11,788,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
SUSPICIOUSLY good shape -- both of them. Book/movie deal in the offing?
I know, I have mentioned this before, but her good condition is becoming more and more of a mental stumbling block for me. I have backpacked in mountains close to those (out of Bishop--the other side of 395) many times, for anywhere from four to eight days at a time. I know she was there for "only" three days, but I just can't imagine being out in that area in the dry heat for three days with no supplies without acquiring a sunburn, chapped lips, and a bunch of scratches and bruises, and being totally exhausted (i.e.--not up for a bunch of media interviews the next morning).

Someone said she is a small woman who doesn't need many calories, so she could easily fast for three days without ill effects. That doesn't follow at all! Thin people have fewer reserves, and being out in the open air hiking around like that makes people feel starving even if they are getting regular meals. Three days fasting while you're at home, sleeping in your regular bed, getting plenty of water--fine, but three days fasting in the wilderness and trying to sleep on bare dirt in 40 degrees is something entirely different. I don't buy the idea that she was eating cactus fruit for a second. In the interview, she pantomimed just holding a fruit up to her mouth like an apple! I don't think so! Where are her scratches?

And although she said she was "so weak she couldn't walk and was just scooting around" (on her butt?) by the end of that time, search & rescue reported seeing her walking in and out among trees just before reaching her, and they described her condition as slightly dehydrated but overall good. It doesn't add up, for me.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:11 PM

13 posts, read 8,311 times
Default This is such a Bull Sh*t Story

C'mon people wake up... this story is so full of holes that its just impossible to believe.

Its not just the crazy mother; the whole "tribe was in on it!

Do you realize how many crazy, deceitful families are out there? Much more than you think. At the very least, they should be charged with fabricating such a crappy story.

Here is what the father added... "she stayed warm by wrapping herself in unused doggie bags."

Did the dog have a terrible case of Diarrhea or something? It would take an awful lot of doggy bags to wrap oneself in!

Call me negative or a pessimist but these people are full of it and the sad thing is that the police won't even pursue it because itrs not in their best interest to do so.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:28 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,954,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtN View Post
C'mon people wake up... this story is so full of holes that its just impossible to believe.

Do you realize how many crazy, deceitful families are out there? Much more than you think. At the very least, they should be charged with fabricating such a crappy story.

Here is what the father added... "she stayed warm by wrapping herself in unused doggie bags."

Did the dog have a terrible case of Diarrhea or something? It would take an awful lot of doggy bags to wrap oneself in!

Call me negative or a pessimist but these people are full of it and the sad thing is that the police won't even pursue it because itrs not in their best interest to do so.
Starting to think they are playing a game. every statement by any of them is full of patent falsehoods. Did they make this all up and plug in the BS statements just to see how many people would figure it out?

Maybe they are far more clever than anyone realizes.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:49 PM

12,065 posts, read 10,306,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtN View Post

i wondered about the doggie bag thing also.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:50 PM

12,065 posts, read 10,306,733 times
So how many lost female hiker stories have we had recently?

Any updates about the Hawaii one?

Old 07-22-2019, 12:50 PM

6,382 posts, read 2,932,530 times
Reminds me of other hoaxes that were never proven. Remember this one?

Questions Arise About Women Rescued After Months at Sea

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/u...ed-at-sea.html

Quote:
When asked during a routine debriefing why they never used the beacon, the women told the Coast Guard that their situation never seemed dire enough.
“They stated that while they felt distressed they did not feel that they were going to perish in the next 24 hours,” said Lt. Cmdr. Scott Carr, a Coast Guard spokesman.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:58 PM

13 posts, read 8,311 times
Default Clever? Hmmmm..

There are a lot of words that I would use to describe them... deceiving, delusive, delusory, insidious, mendacious, impostrous, narcistic, sophomaniacal... however clever is not one of them.

If it were, they would have come up with a better lie....They out to have been able to do so... as they probably had a lot of practice! LOL

Old 07-22-2019, 01:10 PM

6,493 posts, read 6,704,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
It could have been a roll of doggie bags, like a hundred all attached end to end, that she wrapped around herself (not saying I believe it, but no one could keep warm with a handful of separate doggie bags!)

Old 07-22-2019, 01:10 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,131,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
they come in a small roll that you could hold in the palm of your hand and it would not be inconceivable that one of the rolls could have a couple dozen bags to it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events