Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2019, 02:44 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,476,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
this.
if "this" is true, how would a woman make it up?

I actually was thinking I agreed with you a while back, but then I remembered a friend who was actually raped. Her creepy (imo) coworker who had only been told someone broke into her house actually asked her "Did he have his way with you?" This was 30 or more years ago, and they were all southerners...…….like she said the knife wielding guy had a southern accent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 03:24 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,476,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The doggie bag story sounded weird to me, too. I thought, maybe she had a stockpile of them, in her doggie carrier? But at best, they would have only covered her limbs. What about her torso? And since when is plastic an insulator, anyway? All it could achieve, would be as a windbreak.
No different than homeless people who wrap or tent themselves in newspaper

Sure, its not a down comforter, but maybe its better than nothing.

From what I saw, the Inside Edition reporter demoed that she split out the bottom and used them as sleeves on her arms......maybe her legs, not sure.

Better than nothing. How much it really helped her, unsure.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:13 PM

102,311 posts, read 108,476,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtN View Post
No... I can simply spot a liar when I see one. I read the article, saw the video and thought " Oh this is a load of crap"! Then I immediately thought.... maybe its just me and I have become jaded.

Then I read the 3,200 comments and each and every one thought the same as I did!

Sorry to monopolize the thread (at the very end). I did however spend about an hour reading the comments before my manic spurge of personal comments.

I shall Cease and Desist from here forward. The Lord gave me two ears and one mouth for a reason LOL
No, it's ok. Fire away! lol. Just wondering, sine you were a new member and felt so strongly, I wondered if you had some connection to the story.

I'm still up undecided about its veracity. There are holes in the story, but some of that seems to be due to inaccurate media coverage. IDK what to make of it overall.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:54 PM

13 posts, read 8,313 times
Default Connection to the story

I have absolutely no connection to the story.

Allow me to paraphrase the great poet... Dr. Suess:

I do not believe them
In a house.
I do not believe them
regarding the Spouse
I do not believe them
Here or there.
I do not believe them
Anywhere.
I do not believe the knife-wielding man.
I do not believe it, Sam-I-am.

P.S. I a certain that if it were I that reported such a story, I would be sitting in a jail cell... as we speak

Old 07-22-2019, 05:18 PM

4,418 posts, read 3,499,180 times
Quote:

I do not believe them
In a house.
I do not believe them
regarding the Spouse
I do not believe them
Here or there.
I do not believe them
Anywhere.

P.S. I a certain that if it were I that reported such a story, I would be sitting in a jail cell... as we speak
Best post from a new guy ever. Well done!

Old 07-22-2019, 05:51 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,176,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
if "this" is true, how would a woman make it up?

I actually was thinking I agreed with you a while back, but then I remembered a friend who was actually raped. Her creepy (imo) coworker who had only been told someone broke into her house actually asked her "Did he have his way with you?" This was 30 or more years ago, and they were all southerners...…….like she said the knife wielding guy had a southern accent.
Based on what the son posted, this bald southern would-be rapist did not have a problem using profanity in describing her, so I doubt he would be worried about phrasing other things delicately.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:40 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 1 day ago)

35,878 posts, read 18,189,763 times
Quote:

I do not believe them
In a house.
I do not believe them
regarding the Spouse
I do not believe them
Here or there.
I do not believe them
Anywhere.

Kudos on the poem - but why would you be sitting in a jail cell?

They don't arrest men on vague suspicion that they're reporting a crime that didn't happen.

On the other hand, men very seldom pretend to be victims of crime, unless it's to further a political agenda.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:54 PM

They don't arrest people on vague suspicion however, if they really wanted to do their jobs they could easily separate all four family members - play good cop bad cop; find the weakest link (probably the mother) and state to her that her son/ daughter / husband already confessed. She would fold like a two dollar bill.

They do it all the time.

This is a serious matter. Not just falsely reporting a crime but also involves conspiracy to commit wire fraud - with the whole GoFundMe nonsense.

Many people and entities are affected. Do you really think that the family that was planning a two week vacation to this site is going to actually end up going there? Many people, much of the media, etc. have been affected.

If it is made up.... its a serious matter IMO

Old 07-22-2019, 07:01 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 1 day ago)

35,878 posts, read 18,189,763 times
Quote:
They don't arrest people on vague suspicion however, if they really wanted to do their jobs they could easily separate all four family members - play good cop bad cop; find the weakest link (probably the mother) and state to her that her son/ daughter / husband already confessed. She would fold like a two dollar bill.

They do it all the time.

This is a serious matter. Not just falsely reporting a crime but also involves conspiracy to commit wire fraud - with the whole GoFundMe nonsense.

Many people and entities are affected. Do you really think that the family that was planning a two week vacation to this site is going to actually end up going there? Many people, much of the media, etc. have been affected.

If it is made up.... its a serious matter IMO
Why would they want to do this? As it is, they have a "feel good" story, the woman and the little dog are safe.

I completely doubt the story about the knife guy, but LE is not served by separating the family and making them all tell their stories. They can't prove anything. I don't think, for a moment, this was an orchestrated fraud.

I believe fully the two adult children believed their mother was missing and they, in good faith, started a gofundme for a helicopter, and all the money from that fundraiser was refunded.

Unless you can prove this was purposeful fraud - which I don't believe - I believe this is basically a crazy woman who has a loving family - law enforcement is not served by aggressively prosecuting this.

What Law Enforcement has NOT done speaks volumes. There is no sketch of the perp, and no apparent investigation to find the knife guy.

It seems to me this is a case of "oh no, mother has gone completely 'round the bend".

Old 07-22-2019, 07:13 PM

Or better yet... "oh no, mother has gone completely 'round the bend"... let's see if we can profit financially from it!

There is a HUGE difference!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events