Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 05:27 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Seriously? You actually believe that adult human beings of sound mind and even minimal education cannot differentiate between fantasy and reality?

Do you have any documented reports, or even anecdotes, from people who have been harmed by animals in National Parks that claim they believed no animals represent a danger to humans because of fantasies they have seen on television?
You can Google like I can Google. You don't have to look too far. Here is one example and while we can talk about how dumb it was to think that you can pet a bison; look at how close the rest of the crowd was (including many little kids): https://kisscasper.com/touron-alert-...owstone-video/. If that animal was angry enough that railing would not stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 05:41 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You can Google like I can Google. You don't have to look too far. Here is one example and while we can talk about how dumb it was to think that you can pet a bison; look at how close the rest of the crowd was (including many little kids): https://kisscasper.com/touron-alert-...owstone-video/. If that animal was angry enough that railing would not stop it.
Poster didn’t question whether people do stupid things around animals. She only question the Disney and TV movie connection, which that article didn’t address at all. The poster asked you if you had any documented evidence that people did stupid things around animals because of a misconception brought on by movies and TV.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:41 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
I wanted a lion when I was young because of "Daktari" and Elsa, the lioness. I didn't realize she was a trained animal.

Ask Sigfried and Roy how not dangerous their cats could be and these are trained animals I'm talking about, not wild animals.

Those "parents" should be charged with neglect. Any decent parent would have the kid right with them.

Old 08-07-2019, 09:46 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,780,716 times
Quote:
The hot spring pools have claimed lives over the years. They look so inviting but the are hot and very acidic. It only takes seconds in one of these alluring pools to kill most people.
Many of the pools are perfectly safe, while others are toxic. So anyone who wants to go dipping in hot springs needs to be informed on how to recognize the safe ones from the dangerous ones.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I wanted a lion when I was young because of "Daktari" and Elsa, the lioness. I didn't realize she was a trained animal.

Ask Sigfried and Roy how not dangerous their cats could be and these are trained animals I'm talking about, not wild animals.

Those "parents" should be charged with neglect. Any decent parent would have the kid right with them.
They don’t consider them dangerous even now. Both are convinced he had the stroke first and the cat sensed it and was trying to save him. Right or wrong, that’s what they think.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:58 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
The majority of the problem here is s lack of common sense some way or another they just don’t understand how dangerous WILD animals are/can be. Maybe it’s because they are from the bigger cities and have never been exposed to nature. Then again just the word “WILD” should be enough to make them tread lightly.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The majority of the problem here is s lack of common sense some way or another they just don’t understand how dangerous WILD animals are/can be. Maybe it’s because they are from the bigger cities and have never been exposed to nature. Then again just the word “WILD” should be enough to make them tread lightly.
Rabbits and deer are wild too. I can see why an animal like a bison standing around grazing with people all around might not be thought to be dangerous.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:17 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
I blame Moses, or was it Noah?...Jonah? the guy with the big boat.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:59 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
Long beard and a big rock, a big boat, a big whale...

Old 08-07-2019, 02:08 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
And how does Walt Disney get blamed for this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events