Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2019, 06:23 AM

330 posts, read 178,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Many here seem to think you are royalty, and every minimum wage worker should bow down to your every need. Well if it makes you feel good to think that, fine. But you are probably going to continue to be confused when that doesn't happen, and if you keep making unreasonable demands of workers, bad things are probably going to happen to you or your food. It's not right, but that's the way it is.
I think I am and I think they should ... The delivery trash's job is to bring me my pizza. AND, if I deem he/she didn't deliver it in a timely fashion, he/she gets one dollar, plus the change (I don't want to stiff anybody). If they do a good job, they get four dollars plus the change.

I definitely don't leave my doorway to get my food.
If one of them wants to try to beat me up, that's their own poor choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 06:44 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post
I think I am and I think they should ... The delivery trash's job is to bring me my pizza. AND, if I deem he/she didn't deliver it in a timely fashion, he/she gets one dollar, plus the change (I don't want to stiff anybody). If they do a good job, they get four dollars plus the change.

Thank you for making my point.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Thank you for making my point.
No need to slap yourself around, I was agreeing with you.

No wonder you did a mindless job for thirty years.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:22 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Up early too I see my friend. Yeah I post like I'm upset when I really am not, I just enjoy pointing out the flawed logic in arguments we see here. Although I must admit the utter stupidity I read here daily is getting a bit old.

We have a veteran delivery guy of 30 years who ignores the evidence put forth before him regarding DD's ads (info he requested) as he clams this customer not only should have bowed to the lazy driver's demands but should tip this lazy driver. I can't believe more didn't call him out on that.
These posts are full of angry people who have been mistreated in some way by the public. I wouldn't spit in people's food, beat them, rob them, or shoot them down just for being a jerk. My life does not work that way. I would simply not deliver if it costs me too much money and effort to go to their door. Otherwise, I would deliver at their door. I've spent a good amount of my past working with customers and clients. They are not always right, but that does not give me the right to cause harm.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:26 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
I didn't ignored anything. I requested it, it was posted. Thank you. I have seen conflicting information and the meaning of it is open for interpretation anyway. But I'm not going to change anybody's mind. What I have posted, has been pretty much ignored anyway. So I've had to keep repeating it again and again in an endless cycle. I fail to see what the point of continuing to debate it is.

I have tried explain from a delivery persons point of view, what went wrong here. The logic has gone over the head of most but not all here. Many here seem to think you are royalty, and every minimum wage worker should bow down to your every need. Well if it makes you feel good to think that, fine. But you are probably going to continue to be confused when that doesn't happen, and if you keep making unreasonable demands of workers, bad things are probably going to happen to you or your food. It's not right, but that's the way it is.
Many? Some, perhaps, but I doubt many. I think it says an awful lot that firstly you think a delivery driver going to an apartment door is unreasonable and consider it asking to be treated like royalty, and secondly that your generalization as to how people that disagree with your point of view must not understand it therefore are illogical, and apparently elitist.
I think most of us here probably realize that provoking someone who is already angry is not the best move, the argument is that this POS delivery driver had no reason to be angry in the first place. However you and your friend seem to continue the explanations and justifications for why he has every right to be angry at being asked to do his job, IE get out of the CAR, and go meet the guy at the very least.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:33 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post

It doesn’t help to call all delivery drivers trash. Where did that come from?

Cloudy continues to ignore the fact that many of us were delivery drivers.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:50 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

Or we receive deliveries! So we were there either way...and agreed "trash' isn't necessary, or even accurate. they are treated as service workers who are supposed to be doing a service.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:38 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

Cloudy continues to ignore many facts presented to him. But yeah referring to delivery people as trash is ridiculous.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:26 PM

At least three people here have a broken sarcasm detector. That, or they are way too serious.

I expect that from women, not men.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:14 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
I have tried explain from a delivery persons point of view, what went wrong here. The logic has gone over the head of most but not all here. Many here seem to think you are royalty, and every minimum wage worker should bow down to your every need. Well if it makes you feel good to think that, fine. But you are probably going to continue to be confused when that doesn't happen, and if you keep making unreasonable demands of workers, bad things are probably going to happen to you or your food. It's not right, but that's the way it is.
Expecting someone to do their job is not an unreasonable demand. How much they get paid is not relevant. If they don't want to perform the job they are being paid to do, then they need to find a new job.

Glad you don't work deliveries anymore if you consider it perfectly fine to tamper with a customer's food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events