Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 06:08 PM

408 posts, read 259,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post

That driver is a lazy punk & should go to Rikers. And get no tip!
Trust me. If he goes to Rikers, he'll get the tip.

Sorry, but that was very low hanging fruit.

Last edited by Deoge; 08-23-2019 at 06:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 07:32 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I heard an informal poll on the radio the other day - most food deliverers taste the food they're delivering.

Eeks. And who's to stop them? They're alone in their car with your good-smelling food.

:-/
Not buying it. Anyone that has worked at a place knows you will detest their product in short order because you will go home smelling like it every day. My old GF was a pizza hut manager and she would bring pizza home but wouldn't touch it because of the smell. All her work clothes smelled like it. It didn't take long for the novelty of free pizza wore off on me too. Barf.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:51 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Not buying it. Anyone that has worked at a place knows you will detest their product in short order because you will go home smelling like it every day. My old GF was a pizza hut manager and she would bring pizza home but wouldn't touch it because of the smell. All her work clothes smelled like it. It didn't take long for the novelty of free pizza wore off on me too. Barf.
Door Dash delivers from all different restaurants. And yeah I know for sure that some drivers eat some or all of the food on occasion.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:54 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Door Dash delivers from all different restaurants. And yeah I know for sure that some drivers eat some or all of the food on occasion.
Jeez, it's like entrusting your food to a dog. lol

Old 08-27-2019, 01:58 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Some will, some won't. I was one who detested the food I delivered at most of the places I worked at. But I had co-workers who loved it. A few times I even delivered to co-workers, on their days off, because they couldn't get enough of it. LOL.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The customer, who like some here thought he knew more about how my job should be done then me, cost me another delivery, and not only delayed his order, but those of other customers after him.
Just because you are a lazy delivery guy who does not do his job well that does not mean you understand how to do this job. All you seem to know is how to do your job poorly,

Old 08-28-2019, 11:00 AM

50,797 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
I never got tired of it at dominoes, and that wasn’t even good pizza LOL. I don’t think they do this though, first of all you’d be able to tell if somebody ate some of your food, but secondly I just don’t know any of our drivers that ever did anything like that. it would also be no reason to, since we pretty much got all the pizza we wanted. Every time they made a mistake such as putting mushrooms when it was only supposed to be half mushrooms, we’d get the pie.

Door dash and similar operations are different however and that the person is not delivering the same type of food all the time and does not work for a company that is giving him anything to eat. I suppose there are some people who just do things to be but holes, for instance there were a couple of drivers I worked with who would spit on a pizza if they knew they weren’t getting a tip at that address. That’s nothing new though, it was decades ago.

Old 08-28-2019, 01:16 PM

When I was in college in the late 70's I worked briefly for the only pizza place that delivered. It was unique back then and it was the only place anyone knew of that delivered. So because it was kind of a new concept often the guy I was delivering to at the dorm or frat house was not there when I arrived. Talk about a pain in the butt. We were instructed to try to sell it at a discount to any student who walked by.

Old 08-28-2019, 01:52 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Just because you are a lazy delivery guy who does not do his job well that does not mean you understand how to do this job. All you seem to know is how to do your job poorly,
Again I did it on and off for 30 years. You clearly didn't. And I made some pretty good money doing it. Most of you people wouldn't last two weeks in a job like that.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Again I did it on and off for 30 years. You clearly didn't. And I made some pretty good money doing it. Most of you people wouldn't last two weeks in a job like that.
And again I'm not sure why you don't get it that basically everyone in this thread sees it differently than you do with very few exceptions. We've heard from countless customers, many living in apartments. We showed you Door Dash ads that specify door delivery, info you requested and then ignored after it was provided to you by multiple posters.

You were a lazy, lousy delivery guy just as the guy in the story was. I don't want to hear how you were good enough to do this on and off for 30 years. We all know in low level jobs such as this if you show up you will be retained, that does not mean you were doing a good job

You did a half-assed job just to make it easier and more profitable for yourself with total disregard for the customer. I drive for Uber. I get the whole time wasted thingy. It sucks when I have to wait 5 minutes for a rider which costs me additional rides, just as you hate going up into an apartment building as it takes more time and costs you more deliveries.

The difference here is we understand it's just part of the job and every pickup or deliver won't be as we want them to be. That's kind of how every job works and it's no excuse for not fulfilling your job requirements

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 08-28-2019 at 05:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events