Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 08:25 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,075,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
So it's the fault of the customer for your being a minimum wage worker? And are you defending criminal behavior of low wage workers just because a customer didn't comply with the demands?
Show me were I defended criminal behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 08:39 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Show me were I defended criminal behavior.
Your posts sound like you’re justifying his actions based on the fact the customer frustrated him.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:24 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,075,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
DOOR dash. Doesn’t mean car door, customer should never have to walk to car.
This is going in circles again. For the 100th time. That is just the name of the company. Can you show me anything that says they guarantee delivery to the customers door? I can find no such guarantee anywhere. I can find many complaints from customers about DoorDash drivers refusing to deliver to apartment doors. I can also find plenty of information telling DoorDash drivers how to avoid delivering to apartment doors, by sending text messages. But I can find no policy that requires the drivers to deliver to apartment doors.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:34 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,212 times
Cloudy is right this time, it is unreasonable to expect a minimum wage food delivery driver to walk up stairs to an apartment door at any time, much less 1am. But this isn't the moral of the story; the moral is when someone tells you "no" it does not mean you step out of your door and angrily motion for them to get off their butts and do what you told them to do. The guy who got beat up was a douche, plain and simple. Did he deserve to get beat up? I'd say no, but sometimes in life when you act like a douche you get beat up.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
This is going in circles again. For the 100th time. That is just the name of the company. Can you show me anything that says they guarantee delivery to the customers door? I can find no such guarantee anywhere. I can find many complaints from customers about DoorDash drivers refusing to deliver to apartment doors. I can also find plenty of information telling DoorDash drivers how to avoid delivering to apartment doors, by sending text messages. But I can find no policy that requires the drivers to deliver to apartment doors.
Can you find one that requires customers to go to drivers car doors?

Old 08-19-2019, 10:50 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
After reading through much of this thread, I find that my way is the best way. Just do not, EVER, attempt to utilize one of these delivery "services". Actually, where I live, such "services" are very limited; not many will deliver out here at all.
If I want fresh pizza, it is easy. Phone in the order to one of the local "take 'n' bake" places, go pick it up, and put it in the oven. Fresh, hot, pizza in just a few minutes!
Sandwiches or chinese food? Just go get it. No delivery driver to worry about.
I have never used any service like DoorDash, and don't plan to.
UPS and Fedex deliver to the door, always. USPS driver will deliver packages to the door if they won't fit the box (which is 1/10th of a mile from the door. Yes, I have measured it).
I agree with those who say the "delivery" driver was just WRONG!

Old 08-19-2019, 12:08 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,510 times
Quote:
This might come as a surprise to you, but your needs are of no concern to a minimum wage worker. They don't care about you. Trust me, I know. I was once one of them.

You remind me of this one obnoxious customer I had a long time ago. It was a slow Saturday afternoon and I didn't have any deliveries, so I was taking the phone orders. The customer I often delivered to called and I took his order. Then he said "I want a 10% discount, and a free 2 liter of Coke with that". I said "Do you have a coupon for that?" He suddenly got very angry, and said, NO I DO NOT. LISTEN, I AM A VERY GOOD CUSTOMER. I ORDER EVERY WEEK. THEY ALWAYS GIVE ME A DISCOUNT AND A FREE 2 LITER." I said, "sorry, if you don't have a coupon, I'm not authorized to give you a discount." But do you know what I really wanted to tell him? I wanted to tell him, Yes I know you order every week, and you have never once given me a tip. And we have a lot of really good customers who order every day, not just once a week, and they give me good tips." He mistake, was the same mistake you are making. Believing that I actually cared about him as a customer. I was hoping he would never order again. I was wasting my gas to deliver to him for nothing.

Minimum wage workers don't care about you as a customer. They are just working there until they can get a job that actually pays a living wage. Then they will be gone.
I can’t believe what I just read. I worked quite a few minimum wage jobs while branching out in life and never felt this way about any of my customers. Yes I did want a job that made more money and sometimes you’d have these jerks for customers, but I treated them with respect and moved on. The next table or customer was better. There is such a thing as personal pride and work ethic. I would never expect a customer to come down the stairs to get their food. If they offered wonderful but I wouldn’t expect it .
I hope you’re happy in whatever position you have now but I hope it’s not the service industry.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:12 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
After reading through much of this thread, I find that my way is the best way. Just do not, EVER, attempt to utilize one of these delivery "services". Actually, where I live, such "services" are very limited; not many will deliver out here at all.
If I want fresh pizza, it is easy. Phone in the order to one of the local "take 'n' bake" places, go pick it up, and put it in the oven. Fresh, hot, pizza in just a few minutes!
UPS and Fedex deliver to the door, always. USPS driver will deliver packages to the door if they won't fit the box (which is 1/10th of a mile from the door. Yes, I have measured it).
Frankly I’ve never used these services. I always go and get my own stuff. If I was disabled from an accident or something I’d still call a friend first and see if they could pick up something in their travels rather than use any of these services. Between getting the crap beaten out of you or having your food tampered with, just not worth it.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Yes same thing here. The only places that come up are pizza places and one Chinese place and they all deliver. I don’t want to use them if that’s their attitude either. Again in 18 years of second floor food deliveries not once ever was I asked to come down. Nor did I ever ask a second or even third floor tenant to come down when I drove for Dominos. I can’t even imagine. Then again I was good at customer service and my tips reflected that. Plus I’d have got fired.

When I drove for Dominio’s it was 30 minutes of free. People used to turn out all their outside lights and cover house numbers to try to make us late. We took it as a challenge, it made it a game. There were times I was running across peoples yards to find it lol. I guess in today’s sick world I’d have been justified killing their cat, smashing their garden gnomes and peeing on their pizza because they were “douchebags”, is that how it works?

Old 08-19-2019, 01:29 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
I use these delivery services often (UberEats mainly), and have never really encountered issues.

They come in handy when I'm busy at home, and/or just don't feel like going out to get food. Not going to stop using them because of this story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events