Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 07:59 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
(1) THAT'S THE JOB. And the driver/thug accepted that particular delivery. If he didn't want to make a delivery at 1:00 AM, or deliver to an apartment building, he could have simply passed on that order, and let another DoorDash driver take it.
That's a good point. This wasn't a pizza delivery job where they had no choice but to deliver to any and every person who calls in an order. The delivery driver chose to deliver to this address. If a driver does not want to get out of their car to complete a delivery, they need to pass on that order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 08:17 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
You wouldn't have wasted your gas if you weren't lazy and just delivered the pizza right to where the person originally asked you to. I would be calling and making a complaint if I was ever delivered pizza out the window of the delivery driver's car. And no way would they be getting a tip if they were too lazy to do their job.
Once again I'm wasting my time posting stuff that nobody reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I explained that the security would not let me park there, and I wasn't about to pay for parking in the parking garage.
So you would have expected me to pay $5.00 out of my own pocket, for parking in the garage, then walk to the hospital building, wait in the security line for who knows how long, then take an elevator up to whatever floor, walk down some half mile long corridor until I find the right room. Then get back to the restaurant an hour later, to find out I have been fired, because the orders are stacked up, and they had no driver to deliver them. You are completely nuts if you think anybody is going to do that for any amount of tip.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:07 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Once again I'm wasting my time posting stuff that nobody reads.

So you would have expected me to pay $5.00 out of my own pocket, for parking in the garage, then walk to the hospital building, wait in the security line for who knows how long, then take an elevator up to whatever floor, walk down some half mile long corridor until I find the right room. Then get back to the restaurant an hour later, to find out I have been fired, because the orders are stacked up, and they had no driver to deliver them. You are completely nuts if you think anybody is going to do that for any amount of tip.
These people we are arguing with probably never worked a crap job, they lack empathy and treat workers like peon slaves. You know, like the guy in this story that got his a$$ kicked.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:51 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
These people we are arguing with probably never worked a crap job, they lack empathy and treat workers like peon slaves. You know, like the guy in this story that got his a$$ kicked.
Pardon me but I know that I mentioned multiple times I delivered for Domino’s. Expecting a delivery person to actually get out of his car is slavery. Okay.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:30 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Yep, you don't know what you're talking about. People who can't tell why delivering to the ER entrance of a hospital is more problematic than delivering to an apartment in a complex are the ones who don't get it.
I personally may not have done delivery (though plenty of family and friends have) but I lived in various apartment complexes for years and not once did I have some slacker of a delivery driver tell me they couldn't come to my door for any reason, not even in the gated complexes. It cracks me up that it's the customers being accused of being lazy in these situations.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:51 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Yep, you don't know what you're talking about. People who can't tell why delivering to the ER entrance of a hospital is more problematic than delivering to an apartment in a complex are the ones who don't get it.
I personally may not have done delivery (though plenty of family and friends have) but I lived in various apartment complexes for years and not once did I have some slacker of a delivery driver tell me they couldn't come to my door for any reason, not even in the gated complexes. It cracks me up that it's the customers being accused of being lazy in these situations.
...and I get the impression duke and cloudy are wishing they could just “kick our asses†to show who’s really got the winning argument here.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:06 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
This thread is still ongoing???? I blocked duke, the only poster I've ever felt the need to do that to hear, but unfortunately when he is quoted I can see his idiotic replies. Cloudy continues to ignore the info provided, specifically the Door Dash ads he requested specifying delivery to the door or the fact that many of us here did do delivery as he brags about being a lazy delivery person.

Dear Lord......

Old 08-22-2019, 03:33 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
This thread is still ongoing???? I blocked duke, the only poster I've ever felt the need to do that to hear, but unfortunately when he is quoted I can see his idiotic replies. Cloudy continues to ignore the info provided, specifically the Door Dash ads he requested specifying delivery to the door or the fact that many of us here did do delivery as he brags about being a lazy delivery person.

Dear Lord......
It's just a mindless form of entertainment. I get a chuckle out of some of the excuses and explanations, it's like a more grown up version of 'the dog ate my homework'. I like to see how outlandish it can get. I'm sure it means I have a character flaw of some sort, but what can I say, it amuses me.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:55 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It's just a mindless form of entertainment. I get a chuckle out of some of the excuses and explanations, it's like a more grown up version of 'the dog ate my homework'. I like to see how outlandish it can get. I'm sure it means I have a character flaw of some sort, but what can I say, it amuses me.
Up early too I see my friend. Yeah I post like I'm upset when I really am not, I just enjoy pointing out the flawed logic in arguments we see here. Although I must admit the utter stupidity I read here daily is getting a bit old.

We have a veteran delivery guy of 30 years who ignores the evidence put forth before him regarding DD's ads (info he requested) as he clams this customer not only should have bowed to the lazy driver's demands but should tip this lazy driver. I can't believe more didn't call him out on that.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:17 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Up early too I see my friend. Yeah I post like I'm upset when I really am not, I just enjoy pointing out the flawed logic in arguments we see here. Although I must admit the utter stupidity I read here daily is getting a bit old.

We have a veteran delivery guy of 30 years who ignores the evidence put forth before him regarding DD's ads (info he requested) as he clams this customer not only should have bowed to the lazy driver's demands but should tip this lazy driver. I can't believe more didn't call him out on that.
I didn't ignored anything. I requested it, it was posted. Thank you. I have seen conflicting information and the meaning of it is open for interpretation anyway. But I'm not going to change anybody's mind. What I have posted, has been pretty much ignored anyway. So I've had to keep repeating it again and again in an endless cycle. I fail to see what the point of continuing to debate it is.

I have tried explain from a delivery persons point of view, what went wrong here. The logic has gone over the head of most but not all here. Many here seem to think you are royalty, and every minimum wage worker should bow down to your every need. Well if it makes you feel good to think that, fine. But you are probably going to continue to be confused when that doesn't happen, and if you keep making unreasonable demands of workers, bad things are probably going to happen to you or your food. It's not right, but that's the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events