Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 04:16 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
This thread is still ongoing???? I blocked duke, the only poster I've ever felt the need to do that to hear, but unfortunately when he is quoted I can see his idiotic replies. Cloudy continues to ignore the info provided, specifically the Door Dash ads he requested specifying delivery to the door or the fact that many of us here did do delivery as he brags about being a lazy delivery person.

Dear Lord......
And yet my reputation points/posts is nearly twice this guy's, go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 04:33 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
These posts are full of angry people who have been mistreated in some way by the public. I wouldn't spit in people's food, beat them, rob them, or shoot them down just for being a jerk. My life does not work that way. I would simply not deliver if it costs me too much money and effort to go to their door. Otherwise, I would deliver at their door. I've spent a good amount of my past working with customers and clients. They are not always right, but that does not give me the right to cause harm.
I agree.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:57 PM

330 posts, read 178,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
And yet my reputation points/posts is nearly twice this guy's, go figure.
That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

Old 08-22-2019, 05:36 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post
At least three people here have a broken sarcasm detector. That, or they are way too serious.

I expect that from women, not men.

Sarcasm is one of those things that /doesn't always come off in print the way it does in person.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:11 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delunsa View Post
That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.
It shows he's a crappier poster than me.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:23 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Expecting someone to do their job is not an unreasonable demand. How much they get paid is not relevant. If they don't want to perform the job they are being paid to do, then they need to find a new job.

Glad you don't work deliveries anymore if you consider it perfectly fine to tamper with a customer's food.
Yes it is an unreasonable demand. A delivery drivers job is to drive, that is all. That is why they call them "drivers". That is the job they are getting paid to do. You are trying to throw extra work on them, that they are not getting paid to do. And no, your tip is not payment for it

Old 08-22-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Sarcasm is one of those things that /doesn't always come off in print the way it does in person.
I thought it would be obvious by who I was replying to.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
It shows he's a crappier poster than me.
True, true.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yes it is an unreasonable demand. A delivery drivers job is to drive, that is all. That is why they call them "drivers". That is the job they are getting paid to do. You are trying to throw extra work on them, that they are not getting paid to do. And no, your tip is not payment for it
You're awesome, dude ... lol

Did you miss the word 'delivery' in delivery driver? Sounds like you think they should just drive near the residence and never get out of the vehicle.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:40 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Hmmm, maybe we now know why the best buy delivery guy murdered the old woman, because she wouldn't go to the truck and carry the 'delivery' in herself! https://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...75-yr-old.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events