Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 03:08 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Not go to the car, stand at the front door of an apt building. If you live on the 4th floor you expect a driver to go all the way up to the 4th?
In that case, okay, I can see the customer going down to get the food. I live in a private house, not an apartment building, so I'm basing it off that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 03:25 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
People are still making this argument? When you pay for deliver you are most certainly NOT required to walk all the way to the car as was the case here. It's supposed to be delivered to your door. The name of the company would be your first clue, it's not named
"Curb Dash".
Yes, we have to keep making the argument, because apparently you can't comprehend it

First that is the name of the company. It's just a name and means nothing. They are not required to deliver it to your door. Even the USPS doesn't deliver to most peoples doors. If your mail is not delivered to your door, what would make you think food would be delivered to your physical door?

Old 08-11-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yes, we have to keep making the argument, because apparently you can't comprehend it

First that is the name of the company. It's just a name and means nothing. They are not required to deliver it to your door. Even the USPS doesn't deliver to most peoples doors. If your mail is not delivered to your door, what would make you think food would be delivered to your physical door?
If it's an apartment building or something like that, then I can see that. I'm in a private house, and USPS has always delivered to the door in most cases.

Old 08-11-2019, 03:37 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,554,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
If it's an apartment building or something like that, then I can see that. I'm in a private house, and USPS has always delivered to the door in most cases.
The story explains it was an Astoria apartment, the moron told the driver he would "buzz him in" and so we know that this was not a house. So maybe it was you that was wrong, because you didn't read the story carefully enough.
The reason this victim was such an idiot is because he chose to make such a big deal about the driver walking up stairs and going to his apartment door. The lazy moron got a knuckle sandwich and a broken leg instead of his food why? because he copped an attitude and let his ego take over. When the guy said "no, you need to come outside" a reasonable person is going to say "sure no prob." If you live in an apartment and don't like the door dash service, don't be such a lazy f and go pick up your own food next time.
And no, I'm not nor have ever been a delivery driver. I also don't think this was a setup to rob the guy, going to his door would have been better because then they could have robbed his apartment. I think the victim just p'd them off, that's all.

Old 08-11-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
1. This was a NYC apartment, not a private house. 2. This is how the USPS delivers to most private houses, and has for over 50 years. Yet you expect a minimum wage food delivery person, who makes less then a letter carrier, to bring it to your door, and kiss your ass for the privilege. That is just your fantasy world, and if you expect them to, don't be surprised if the driver's reaction is negative, and possibly even violent.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:20 PM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
When you order delivery you are supposed to come the hell downstairs and get the food. whoever this customer was is a certified idiot.

He did come downstairs. How many times do we have to repeat the same things to people who don't bother to read? he came down and outside to the front stoop. Rather than get out and give the guy his food, he sat in the car and waved the guy to come across to his car to get the food. When he balked they got out and beat him up, and also stole his food and his phone.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
The story explains it was an Astoria apartment, the moron told the driver he would "buzz him in" and so we know that this was not a house. So maybe it was you that was wrong, because you didn't read the story carefully enough.
The reason this victim was such an idiot is because he chose to make such a big deal about the driver walking up stairs and going to his apartment door. The lazy moron got a knuckle sandwich and a broken leg instead of his food why? because he copped an attitude and let his ego take over. When the guy said "no, you need to come outside" a reasonable person is going to say "sure no prob." If you live in an apartment and don't like the door dash service, don't be such a lazy f and go pick up your own food next time.
And no, I'm not nor have ever been a delivery driver. I also don't think this was a setup to rob the guy, going to his door would have been better because then they could have robbed his apartment. I think the victim just p'd them off, that's all.
So why did the two guys rob the victim's phone and food, then?

Clearly, it's not just a case of the doordash driver being pissed off in a moment of anger.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:55 AM

16,272 posts, read 10,401,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
1. This was a NYC apartment, not a private house. 2. This is how the USPS delivers to most private houses, and has for over 50 years. Yet you expect a minimum wage food delivery person, who makes less then a letter carrier, to bring it to your door, and kiss your ass for the privilege. That is just your fantasy world, and if you expect them to, don't be surprised if the driver's reaction is negative, and possibly even violent.

Know what I don't see? The mail carrier requiring the customer to come to his truck to get the mail. And that my friend has been my point, a point that went right over your head as you hurdle insults. Again the customer came downstairs, most do not have to do that as most delivers are to the door. But this driver wasn't getting out of his car. And that is where he, and you, are wrong.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Know what I don't see? The mail carrier requiring the customer to come to his truck to get the mail. And that my friend has been my point, a point that went right over your head as you hurdle insults. Again the customer came downstairs, most do not have to do that as most delivers are to the door. But this driver wasn't getting out of his car. And that is where he, and you, are wrong.
Again the USPS will not bring your mail up to your apartment, and you should not expect a food delivery person to either. If you demand them to, don't be surprised if you get a negative reaction.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:05 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,747,103 times
some neighborhoods should be banned from delivery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events