Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 08:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguitar77111 View Post
I was looking for alternatives to raising the age to 21, flavor bans, an intrusive FDA approval process, and sin taxes.
Surprisingly the only flavor ban so far has been against ONE SINGLE brand (Juul), they are only allowed to sell tobacco and mint flavored ecigs...but every other Ecig brand is still allowed to sell numerous flavors, the ones we carry, Logic, Blu, etc have 20+ flavors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 03:11 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Surprisingly the only flavor ban so far has been against ONE SINGLE brand (Juul), they are only allowed to sell tobacco and mint flavored ecigs...but every other Ecig brand is still allowed to sell numerous flavors, the ones we carry, Logic, Blu, etc have 20+ flavors!
Because they know more surely now that the illnesses and deaths were caused by counterfeit THC carts. That’s why the uproar has quieted. That’s why the illnesses have slowed, because people aren’t buying carts outside of legal states due to safety concerns.

Old 10-27-2019, 03:17 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Not exactly correct... No one is banning Juul... Juul decided to suspend selling flavors other than tobacco and mint.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-marketing-to-

Certain states have instituted vape bans in one form or another.... that effects all product vape manufacturers. I am a Zamplebox subscriber for my vape juice and they sent out a notice to customers of certain states that they can no longer ship to those states as there is ban in effect.

Keep in mind, Altria (Cigarette manufacturing) recently purchased a 35% stake in Juul and Juul's CEO was replaced with a former big tobacco executive. ... ask yourself why they rolled over to criticism so easily....

Last edited by usayit; 10-27-2019 at 03:26 PM..

Old 10-28-2019, 12:19 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Because they know more surely now that the illnesses and deaths were caused by counterfeit THC carts. That’s why the uproar has quieted. That’s why the illnesses have slowed, because people aren’t buying carts outside of legal states due to safety concerns.
Don't use facts here.

Fear mongering is the hot topic.

I've been vaping for at least 7 years and people are acting like it's a new fad.

The news is using idiots who buy garbage to make people moan.

Kids ruined it.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:14 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
CDC admits it, the culprit in the illnesses/deaths are THC vape cartridges

https://twitter.com/abgutman/status/...431415809?s=20

Old 10-29-2019, 06:56 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,407,323 times
So there's a teen here in CO that's suing Juul for 75k saying it got him addicted. However, Juul never put the item in his mouth in the first place. Just another frivolous lawsuit. No one FORCED him to start smoking

Old 10-29-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So there's a teen here in CO that's suing Juul for 75k saying it got him addicted. However, Juul never put the item in his mouth in the first place. Just another frivolous lawsuit. No one FORCED him to start smoking

If that's the case, I and millions of others should sue Phillip Morris. I was 14 when I started smoking, and I never met a single smoker who didn't start as a teen. And that was when they were allowed to advertise on TV. Virginia Slims even equated smoking with women being liberated, "You've come a long way, Baby!" and sponsored tennis matches.

Old 10-29-2019, 07:58 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,407,323 times
Quote:
If that's the case, I and millions of others should sue Phillip Morris. I was 14 when I started smoking, and I never met a single smoker who didn't start as a teen. And that was when they were allowed to advertise on TV. Virginia Slims even equated smoking with women being liberated, "You've come a long way, Baby!" and sponsored tennis matches.

Guess what? They advertised when I was young too. However, you chose to try it and I didn't. You can't blame that choice on anyone else but yourself, sorry

Old 10-29-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Guess what? They advertised when I was young too. However, you chose to try it and I didn't. You can't blame that choice on anyone else but yourself, sorry

You misread my tone.

Old 10-29-2019, 04:58 PM

776 posts, read 394,000 times
Quote:
Phillip Morris was sued for just that, hence the Master Settlement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events