Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 05:00 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,609,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
So if a response is "normal" we should not prosecute it? Just let that simmer in your brain for a second and let me know when you've decided that it's an asinine idea.
The word normal was only used to describe her reaction. Actually the other poster said 'not unusual'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 05:02 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 days ago)

35,707 posts, read 18,065,864 times
steve, you're talking about satisfying drives at the obvious detriment of other people around you. While many have the drives you refer to, we're all adults and we realize that's wrong, thus, not "normal" because of the harm it does to others.

We realize society isn't going to work if men are grabbing women off the streets and raping them, and if we're robbing stores instead of paying for it. So, that behavior is no longer normal, expected.

Also, adults realize that if we want roads, police and fire protection, and schools, we have to pay for them. No one is going to donate roads and fire fighters so you can skate by and not pay.

It IS considered "normal" for a child who has been sex trafficked to snap and aggress back at the rapist. That's expected at some point and would be a sign of a normal psyche.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:04 PM

I cannot understand how a person may not legally kill their captor. She is supposed to wait until he is trying to kill her? Kidnapping and keeping against her will and having her raped is not sufficient cause?

Old 12-19-2019, 05:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 22 days ago)

35,707 posts, read 18,065,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I cannot understand how a person may not legally kill their captor. She is supposed to wait until he is trying to kill her? Kidnapping and keeping against her will and having her raped is not sufficient cause?
I'm not sure from the story that he was her "captor". It's not clear he kidnapped her and was keeping her against her will, I don't think.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not sure from the story that he was her "captor". It's not clear he kidnapped her and was keeping her against her will, I don't think.
OK I went and read a couple other articles and this is strange. HE sexually assaulted her and filmed it. Then she willingly goes around getting pimped out by him? Crazy. One article said it was to steal his BMW. This is a very strange case all the way around. Police knew he was abusing young girls. Was let go with no bail. Anyway, I retract my statement. She had no cause to kill him. She only needed to go to the police.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:23 PM

15,463 posts, read 9,144,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Should a person also be legally allowed to steal their captor's car and set their house on fire, after they are dead? That is really stretching self-defence.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:35 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,858,820 times
This is why I stated I need to read more, which I will. Unfortunately, these sex crime activities like this are not black and white, and the "victim(s)" are often more of a case of a willing accomplice if not an active participant and recruiter of other and maybe real victims. Or are victims in that they were emotionally manipulated into doing the activities.

Not saying she was or was not any of that. But when the media tosses out "sex trafficking victim", it invokes thoughts of someone being kidnapped, chained up, and forced into the activities, but often that is not the case, they are at a minimum, emotionally manipulated, at the most, full, active participants of the scheme. The finding the victims chained and held against their will is rare, most often they are free to come and go.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
This is why I stated I need to read more, which I will. Unfortunately, these sex crime activities like this are not black and white, and the "victim(s)" are often more of a case of a willing accomplice if not an active participant and recruiter of other and maybe real victims. Or are victims in that they were emotionally manipulated into doing the activities.

Not saying she was or was not any of that. But when the media tosses out "sex trafficking victim", it invokes thoughts of someone being kidnapped, chained up, and forced into the activities, but often that is not the case, they are at a minimum, emotionally manipulated, at the most, full, active participants of the scheme. The finding the victims chained and held against their will is rare, most often they are free to come and go.
exactly. I have no understanding of the relationship here. Is she on drugs, which he provided? Is she mentally ill?

Old 12-19-2019, 05:55 PM

15,463 posts, read 9,144,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

We need to toss out the term "sex trafficking", completely. It's prostitution and pimping. But many people think of those as victimless crimes. So law enforcement had to come up with a new more sensational term "sex trafficking". It seems to have worked. Now a 15 year old can run away from home, start selling her body on the street, hook up with a pimp, murder a customer and rob him, murder the pimp, set his house on fire and steal his car, and most people see nothing wrong with her crime wave, because she was a "sex trafficking victim", with absolutely zero personal responsibility.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
We need to toss out the term "sex trafficking", completely. It's prostitution and pimping. But many people think of those as victimless crimes. So law enforcement had to come up with a new more sensational term "sex trafficking". It seems to have worked. Now a 15 year old can run away from home, start selling her body on the street, hook up with a pimp, murder a customer and rob him, murder the pimp, set his house on fire and steal his car, and most people see nothing wrong with her crime wave, because she was a "sex trafficking victim", with absolutely zero personal responsibility.
No because people do get stolen and forced and outright sold to other people. Not just for a night I mean SOLD. I forget now the number of sex slaves they estimate exist, but it's a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events