Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2023, 03:06 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This will make many of you happy.

Today in Davos, Pfizer Albert Bourla:

"We started experiments to make one vaccine for both covid and flu."

Should be ready in 2023.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/...21223036096513
Sounds like covid will be always with us like the flu.

Old 01-18-2023, 03:18 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I think it is fair to say that a good portion of the population are not getting booster shots.
They are offering large cash incentives if you get your booster shot where I work.
Long gone are the vaccination lines.
Everybody I know has gotten the bivalent boosters.

Perhaps there are no vaccination lines because so many clinics, grocery stores, drugstores and hospitals offer the boosters now.

Old 01-18-2023, 03:19 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
There are not hundreds of thousands of medical and scientific professionals who are completely against the vaccines. This is completely untrue. What is your motive for spread false information?
My guess would be attention-seeking.

Old 01-18-2023, 03:21 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Saw my doctor yesterday and she said the new vaccine was not preventing people from getting covid, thats what she has seen in her patients anyway. She said it was up to me if I want to get it, she didn't have anything horrid to say about it, just that it wasn't preventing illness. I was a tad surprised by her answer to my asking. I had the original three shots, don't think I will get this new one. She also said they were overwhelmed with covid patients now, maybe we are peeking.
Your choice. However, as has been said many times here the vaccine is less about preventing covid (although cases are fewer in those vaccinated) than reducing severity of cases among those vaccinated. Maybe three shots is enough. I went and had four, so I am fully vaccinated.

Old 01-18-2023, 03:36 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Your choice. However, as has been said many times here the vaccine is less about preventing covid (although cases are fewer in those vaccinated) than reducing severity of cases among those vaccinated. Maybe three shots is enough. I went and had four, so I am fully vaccinated.
So original four, but not the new one?

Old 01-18-2023, 03:49 PM

1,022 posts, read 738,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I have never met or talked with anyone who regrets getting the Covid vaccine. My family members are a physician, CRNPs, and an RN in two of the largest academic health systems in PA and this is not their experience. They and their spouses and children are all vaccinated.

There are not hundreds of thousands of medical and scientific professionals who are completely against the vaccines. This is completely untrue. What is your motive for spread false information?
We haven't met, but I regret getting the Covid vaccine/boosters.

Worst decision of my life.

Adverse effects as written on CDC website. They're saying major illness' from the vaccines usually go away after 1 year. Only 7 more months to go to see if they're right.

No more boosters for me or any family members. Also friends are done too after seeing the effects.

I don't like conspiracy theories and think the vaccine helped more than it hurt, but being one of those it hurt really sucks.

Old 01-19-2023, 01:20 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Everybody I know has gotten the bivalent boosters.

Perhaps there are no vaccination lines because so many clinics, grocery stores, drugstores and hospitals offer the boosters now.
Everyone I know has gotten the bivalent booster, too. And no one I know has had any problems because of the bivalent booster.

Old 01-19-2023, 07:05 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
I’m sorry to hear about your friends.
My niece was vaccinated early in her pregnancy.
I was really worried about that and the possible side effects the child might get.
So far so good.

I’m not a mandatory vaccination fan but I haven’t heard of an increase in miscarriages.
Hopefully it stays that way and the kids don’t get any health issues later on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events