Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2020, 09:40 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
I'm sure African Americans are getting it. But like everyone else they are recovering from it. It is a bit alarming that middle easterners and black people are getting it at the rate they are claiming, I am VERY skeptical of the figures. Even more so when Melinda Gates states that Black people need to get the vaccine and be tested, then the doctors can get it. Yeah, thank you but no thank you. Her and many people with similar comments about the disease in Africa make me very skeptical. I can go on and on.
I understand why many black people don't trust Drs, and certainly not to participate in vaccine trials, but blacks are getting COVID at higher rates and dying at higher rates for a variety of factors, so at least I hope will wear masks, distance, get the vaccine after white people do if that is necessary.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:45 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,068,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What connections to Gates, besides the fact that he is spending buckets of money to help contain the virus?

Who is Fauci's "financier?

What "experiments"?

At this point there is no confirmatory evidence that the virus came from the lab in Wuhan.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2020...ng-procedures/
Here we go. What do you know about Gates, his family, his business ties? Do you still believe he started his business out of his garage? Gates owns the publishing company for text books, is responsible for common core, his organization besides the USA is the top funder of the WHO - which most of those people worked for the Gates organization. Instead of giving helping the infrastructure in India or Africa he has been giving money towards vaccines (which he makes the money back from those donations). In places like India they have been working on an internal ID card. What do you know about the Federal Reserve? Anyways, I can go on and on. Gates will give $$ away but will make it back and then some. Who do you think owns the COVID patent? Which companies does he own where he stands to benefit from a vaccine and or medicine? The questions you are posing to me can easily be found.

I use to be just like you and thought he was doing a good thing. My eyes are wide open. While you research and I hope you do look into the companies he is tied to in addition to people like Epstein. While you are at it look into the mosquitoes he is unleashing.

Do you know the Gates and Fauci relationhip?

I do not support eugenicist or human experiments

With Bill Gates there is a conflict of interest.

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 06-24-2020 at 10:11 PM..

Old 06-24-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Actually, African-Americans who contract covid-19 are dying at a far greater rate at all ages. Again, I'd blame the higher incidence of obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes among African-Americans at younger ages.
Could be many factors. They did release many prisoners where the prisons were hotbeds for COVID but they never quarantined these people. There is a correlation with flu shots. I don't see a lot of black people being obese but it may be related to genetics. Just my opinion.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I understand why many black people don't trust Drs, and certainly not to participate in vaccine trials, but blacks are getting COVID at higher rates and dying at higher rates for a variety of factors, so at least I hope will wear masks, distance, get the vaccine after white people do if that is necessary.
I'm not for a vaccine. Many virologist are stating that it is less likely that a vaccine for COVID will work. I believe them. Getting a vaccine when you don't need it doesn't make sense to me. So if you got COVID and don't have it anymore and can't be reinfected why get a vaccine?

Old 06-24-2020, 10:02 PM

OK, here is why many oppose masks. The SG was right the first time, I guess, he just didn't articulate himself well.

Quote:
N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.

Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”

Old 06-24-2020, 10:05 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
On May 13, Natural News' Adams reported on a possible military-enforced vaccination mandate for all American citizens.

"If coronavirus vaccines were planned to be optional – respecting the vaccine choice of individuals – not more than 100 million doses would be needed. The fact that 500 million doses are being manufactured is an admission that the DoD and HHS plan to make coronavirus vaccines mandatory," Adams wrote.
Adams is a scientifically illiterate crank. He is an AIDS denialist and believes in chemtrails. His goal is to sell books and supplements.

https://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/...ring-scoundrel

"Adams is quite open about his business model: play on fear to make as much money as possible. To dispel any doubts about his real motivations, in 2008, he bragged publicly in his self-published book, The 7 Principles of Mindful Wealth, that his operating philosophy was 'Getting past self-imposed limits on wealth… Karma doesn’t pay the rent. Good karma isn’t the recognized currency in modern society: Dollars are!'”

Vaccines will be needed in other countries, too, not just the US.

Yes, some syringes may have chips. Chips are not in the vaccines.

Quote:
SBA Taps Microsoft, Amazon to Help Disburse $350B in Small Business Loans
https://www.govconwire.com/2020/04/s...usiness-loans/

Now why would companies like this have to be tapped to administer stimulus packages - hmmm, I guess they are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts
Amazon already is set up to offer loans to people who do business on its platform:

https://ecommercesellerfinancing.com...iAAEgJ5w_D_BwE

SBA has partnered with Microsoft for years:

https://www.sba.gov/content/sba-part...rning-series-0

Quote:
A second wave of coronavirus had been predicted for some time now (since March), and you guys are just blaming people claiming they aren't social distancing or wearing their masks. Many of the hospitals are running out of $$ because they aren't able to treat people.
There has been speculation about a second wave with no guarantees that it would happen.

People are refusing to socially distance and wear masks.

Quote:
No one wants lung or heart problems but again, much of this isn't adding up. That is my personal belief and not conspiracy theory. The numbers have to increase IMO for many factors primarily because they have to justify the fact that protesters aren't practicing social distancing and numbers weren't increasing.
Numbers are increasing in some areas, and it may just be too soon to see it in others.

Quote:
If vaccines are to be forced (enforced) will you take it? Will you take a vaccine that has a chip? Will the doctors know and or inform you that there will be a chip? Can you sue if you develop issues and or die from the vaccine? What prof will be provided to ensure the vaccine is effective?
There will be no "chips" in any SARS-CoV-2 vaccine.

The vaccine will be covered under the same no fault compensation program as other vaccines.

Any vaccine will have to be shown to be effective when given to volunteers. Those studies are already underway.

I will not have to be "forced" to take a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine. I am high risk for severe disease. I would take it whether it becomes mandated or not.

Quote:
What is the USA doing that is differs from other parts of the world that has a better handle on COVID? I'd give my arguments as to why I feel that this particular virus is not natural but my post is long enough and not in the mood for useless back and forth. But it should be pointed out that several experiments and or chemicals have been unleashed throughout and or by the USA for some time now.
There is no specific evidence for any other than natural evolution of SARS-CoV-2.

If you do not want to be specific about those "chemicals" or "experiments" perhaps you should refrain from posting vague, unsupported innuendo.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:05 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I need masks. My county is going to mandate them tomorrow.

If I get disposable masks, what do I do with them in-between, to at least use twice?

Paper bag to allow airflow?

I have one disposable mask that doesn't seem clean to me. I wore it twice, breathing in it, and it's been hanging by my front door collecting dust.

I don't see how these help. I am spending money to gain admittance to the businesses. They are not surgical masks, can't get those.

These are made for dust, though they are styled the same as surgical. https://www.amazon.com/Thick-3-Ply-F...JWA2HWJ3FMSEPM
I googled for a few minutes. Surgical masks appear hard to come by. The advantage of a surgical mask is that it should offer some protection against the largest droplets, with level 1 rated the lowest and level 3 offering the highest degree.

Quote:
If worn properly, a surgical mask is meant to help block large-particle droplets, splashes, sprays, or splatter that may contain germs (viruses and bacteria), keeping it from reaching your mouth and nose. Surgical masks may also help reduce exposure of your saliva and respiratory secretions to others.
https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...-face-masks#s2
The ratings should be to ASTM standards. Noticed other so-called level 1 to level 3 ratings from other organizations; no idea if they are legitimate.

ASTM F2100-11: Standard Specification for Performance of Materials Used in Medical Face Masks

TEST LEVEL 1 BARRIER LEVEL 2 BARRIER LEVEL 3 BARRIER
ASTM F1862(Fluid Resistance) 80 mmHg 120 mmHg 160 mmHg
MIL-M-36954 C: ΔP (Breathability) < 4 mm H2O < 5 mm H2O < 5 mm H2O
ASTM F2101: BFE (Filtration 3μm) ≥ 95% ≥ 98% ≥ 98%
ASTM F2299: PFE (Filtration 1μm) ≥ 95% @ 0.1 micron ≥ 98% @ 0.1 micron ≥ 98% @ 0.1 micron
16 CFR Part 1610: Flame Spread (Flammability) Class 1 Class 1 Class 1

Hoping that a product offered thru a medical supply company is what it says it is I checked a couple companies. Nonavailability at one. Pretty much only bulk sales at another. BettyMills offers 100 level 1 surgical masks for $110. The distributor is DiaMedical USA which appears to be a legitimate supplier not some start-up. No clue who manufactured the masks, however. Back in March the company had a price gouging complaint filed against it; the company responded the manufacturers they dealt with had raised prices by over 1000%.

Prices are now lower. The same masks can be bought direct from DiaMedical via their website for $86. Not much information on the website. No indication who issued the Level 1 rating. The masks do not appear to be made using polypropylene (and some bona fide surgical masks are not).

It's crazy that consumers have to be going thru this ^^^. You may just want something basic to get yourself into the store but since you mentioned surgical masks it seemed worthwhile to check. Stay well.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:10 PM

And, this might explain why in my area (very conservative) people are distancing but not masking.

This osha person goes on to say:

Quote:
Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.
Hoo-boy this is going to be a bumpy ride. I am fascinated to see what the walmart neighborhood grocery store will do with this. They'll be getting the off duty police again, I bet.

I think anyone but whole foods is going to run into ALOT of people saying NO, or simply being mad they didn't know, don't have one, how will every business suddenly get enough to hand out? They can't.

Maybe I should only go to Whole Foods! I'm sure they have a mask for me to buy for $1200 or so.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:11 PM

451 posts, read 320,315 times
I have a big concern at the moment that this whole covid situation is being made political. Hopefully, everybody here on the forum and nationwide are sincerely trying to get this virus done with. Neither over-hype nor under-hype of the covid issue helps us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Agree, but that analysis applies to why were hit relatively hard in the beginning. That we appear to not be recovering in some states or rather allowing the virus to spread into new areas requires new analysis and different responses. New York, for example, is no longer worried about Italy but about Florida.

I also agree there two interlocking goals or objectives: health and the economy. Spot on. During the lockdowns these goals appeared to conflict with one another. There were assertions that the lockdown sacrificed jobs etc. to save lives and there's a lot of truth to that.

But with the opening we need to move beyond that mindset to realize that measures that also help slow the disease - like masks - can simultaneously make the economy and social institutions work.

More research is called for on the relative contribution of masking vs social distancing. Both masking and social distancing are valuable tools. In many situations, social distancing can be more problematic and disruptive than masking - particularly if universal mask use then allows for lighter weight more breathable comfortable ones. So if you have to choose one over the other the winner may well turn out to be masks per some of these recent studies. But we need that research.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I googled for a few minutes. Surgical masks appear hard to come by. The advantage of a surgical mask is that it should offer some protection against the largest droplets, with level 1 rated the lowest and level 3 offering the highest degree.

The ratings should be to ASTM standards. Noticed other so-called level 1 to level 3 ratings from other organizations; no idea if they are legitimate.

ASTM F2100-11: Standard Specification for Performance of Materials Used in Medical Face Masks

TEST LEVEL 1 BARRIER LEVEL 2 BARRIER LEVEL 3 BARRIER
ASTM F1862(Fluid Resistance) 80 mmHg 120 mmHg 160 mmHg
MIL-M-36954 C: ΔP (Breathability) < 4 mm H2O < 5 mm H2O < 5 mm H2O
ASTM F2101: BFE (Filtration 3μm) ≥ 95% ≥ 98% ≥ 98%
ASTM F2299: PFE (Filtration 1μm) ≥ 95% @ 0.1 micron ≥ 98% @ 0.1 micron ≥ 98% @ 0.1 micron
16 CFR Part 1610: Flame Spread (Flammability) Class 1 Class 1 Class 1

Hoping that a product offered thru a medical supply company is what it says it is I checked a couple companies. Nonavailability at one. Pretty much only bulk sales at another. BettyMills offers 100 level 1 surgical masks for $110. The distributor is DiaMedical USA which appears to be a legitimate supplier not some start-up. No clue who manufactured the masks, however. Back in March the company had a price gouging complaint filed against it; the company responded the manufacturers they dealt with had raised prices by over 1000%.

Prices are now lower. The same masks can be bought direct from DiaMedical via their website for $86. Not much information on the website. No indication who issued the Level 1 rating. The masks do not appear to be made using polypropylene (and some bona fide surgical masks are not).

It's crazy that consumers have to be going thru this ^^^. You may just want something basic to get yourself into the store but since you mentioned surgical masks it seemed worthwhile to check. Stay well.
I appreciate it. I am digesting what I read elsewhere and copied here, about surgical masks becoming dispensers if infected.

If it's just the price of admission, I only need the cheapest thing. If I believe surgical masks confer some benefit, I need appropriate ones and I will take Cloudy Days advice and buy enough of either to toss upon leaving wherever I go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events