Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 05:46 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The masks cause my gasses to steam up. I wear sunglasses, for the bright sun where I live, then keep them on, when I go into a store, to protect my eyes from the evil virus. But my gasses keep getting steamed up. Maybe I need the kind of mask, that's made to sit snug on your nose, and on your face...?
Mine too. I read clean them first with shaving cream, but haven’t tried it yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 05:47 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I have home made cloth masks. I use a cut pipe cleaner in-between the fabric up along where it goes over your nose. I have it bent so it goes over my nose and then flat across my cheek.

That keeps my glasses from fogging up. I cut my pipe cleaner longer than that metal piece you find in surgical masks that you pinch to tighten to your nose.
I wish I could sew. I’m one of those who uses iron on tape to try to hem my pants though!

Old 05-30-2020, 08:29 AM

922 posts, read 791,693 times
I have been using the regular surgical masks. The other day, I found two N95 masks that I bought awhile ago when I was working on a sanding project. I was all excited then I notice that the whole bottom of the mask is covered with instructions in English and Spanish. These days, masks are becoming a way of expressing oneself with different materials and pictures. Although I am happy I found the good masks, I am not happy about walking around as an advertisement for 3M. I would like to cover it somehow, but that could be difficult since it is black printing on white material.

What I dislike most of all is breathing in my own hot air.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:00 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The masks cause my gasses to steam up. I wear sunglasses, for the bright sun where I live, then keep them on, when I go into a store, to protect my eyes from the evil virus. But my gasses keep getting steamed up. Maybe I need the kind of mask, that's made to sit snug on your nose, and on your face...?
Nothing worked for me until I read to fold up a piece of tissue lengthwise into about an inch wide long strip and fold in half and lay over the area on the nose where the top of the mask meets the nose, so it's kind of a cushion under the edge of the mask. You can adjust it to where it doesn't stick out the top of the mask. I've done that 3 times now and it works great, no fogging. It seals the top of the mask from underneath so no air escapes and steams your glasses.

Old 05-30-2020, 03:29 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times
Woman who survived 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, said follow the rules to survive coronavirus, dies at 105

KANKAKEE, Ill. (WLS) -- A woman who survived the Spanish flu pandemic in 1918 and urged Americans to follow the rules to live through the COVID-19 pandemic died Friday at 105.

Agnes Gresen was living with her nephew, Brian, in Kankakee.

Brian said Friday his aunt "picked a beautiful day to travel."

Agnes spoke with ABC 7 Chicago last month about her experience living through the Spanish flu outbreak in the early 20th century.

"I remember we had the epidemic, my dad and all of the five children, including me, were in bed with the flu and my mother died," she said. "Died at the age of 29 with the flu." . . .

And now there's COVID-19. Agnes fears history could repeat itself.

"Too many people are not doing what they are supposed to do, like wearing masks," she said. "Now we are confined to the house. I haven't been out of the house for I don't know how long."

Old 05-30-2020, 03:54 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
At 82 soon I've never had one on and hope I never do. I don't go out much due to other issues but around my apt bldg no mask here and for sure none in my house. Many who come into my house often have a mask on but end up taking it off while they are doing their "thing" in my place,

Nuts.....

Have an electrician coming next week and just talking to him, he said he's not in paranoia and he sees a lot of homes...but I guess he wears on when he does as he would get "dirty looks"..

My haircutter was here this morning, had a mask on, but once she stepped inside my apt, took it off and cut my hair, and NO MASK for those 30 minutes or so. She says the 3 people she cuts today, 1 is a mask freak and I another lady are not.

Old 05-30-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
I have been using the regular surgical masks. The other day, I found two N95 masks that I bought awhile ago when I was working on a sanding project. I was all excited then I notice that the whole bottom of the mask is covered with instructions in English and Spanish. These days, masks are becoming a way of expressing oneself with different materials and pictures. Although I am happy I found the good masks, I am not happy about walking around as an advertisement for 3M. I would like to cover it somehow, but that could be difficult since it is black printing on white material.

What I dislike most of all is breathing in my own hot air.
Yuck, breathing in one's own hot air....glad I don't have that experience.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:11 PM

I don't understand why so many people have such an aversion to masks. Husband and I will continue to wear ours whenever we are in a situation where we can't sufficiently distance from others.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I don't understand why so many people have such an aversion to masks. Husband and I will continue to wear ours whenever we are in a situation where we can't sufficiently distance from others.
That's good, plenty like you and husband, I just don't like my breathing cut off and wear a mask on my face, I used to for Halloween and back then could not wait to get that mask off my face, and breath good again. alll that confinement. But hopefully the U.S. won't be another china, mass masks. I live in an area of great clean fresh air and to cut that off...nope.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
That's good, plenty like you and husband, I just don't like my breathing cut off and wear a mask on my face, I used to for Halloween and back then could not wait to get that mask off my face, and breath good again. alll that confinement. But hopefully the U.S. won't be another china, mass masks. I live in an area of great clean fresh air and to cut that off...nope.
We don't wear masks when out walking/exercising with just a few people around, only when in stores or situations where you can't easily maintain distance from others. Covid cases have increased in our area, with the first hospitalizations since this started. So we are both too nervous to consider doing without distancing and/or masks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events