Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2020, 09:38 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,408,992 times

Advertisements

Before masks but CV19 i focused on no hands to face. I find post mask I have my hands near or touching my face to put a mask on and remove it and to adjust it when it is not in the right position. I have no symptoms and keep more than 6 feet from others when out and if I am 6 feet from them I am only so for a second or two. So it is a placebo to signal things are different to me and others not a real life saver in my situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 11:47 AM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Wear it where the mask police demand that you do, and otherwise get out and get fresh air and good breathing...this will be over and sure hope we don't end up another china.
We already have more deaths than China.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:27 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
We already have more deaths than China.
That is an understatement. 106,925 to 4,634 for China. 323 per million to 3 per million for China. We could only be so lucky as to end up like China.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:32 PM

17,571 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
That is an understatement. 106,925 to 4,634 for China. 323 per million to 3 per million for China. We could only be so lucky as to end up like China.
If you believe any of the numbers out of China, I have a bridge in New York to sell you!

Old 06-02-2020, 07:36 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
You can keep up your fearing but I will not. And it's true we come from TOTALLY opposite points of view on healing and medicines. I don't buy into your drug business world. Use a couple minor no side effect ones and otherwise that's it.

I know no one who has been sick with the CV....

You believe in the drug business world when it suits you. You've always felt that YOUR meds are of course, necessary. Everyone else taking them? A patsy of big pharma.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-02-2020, 07:39 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
If you believe any of the numbers out of China, I have a bridge in New York to sell you!
They took much stronger measures than anything we did. They did REAL lockdowns, went door to door and took people and their families to to quarantine facilities, they delivered bags of food door to door, they monitored the streets with drones.

It only makes sense that they have less cases than us. Do I totally buy their numbers 100%, no. Do I think we have more cases and deaths than China. You bet.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-02-2020, 08:22 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,758,240 times
I find it ironic how many people give those who are not wearing one a dirty look when the reason they may not be wearing one is for a medical condition.

I don't wear one because I don't believe it does anything. If I was concerned I would, however, it seems like the majority of those wearing masks are doing so incorrectly. This tells me they aren't concerned, but just wearing one because they are told they should.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:35 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I find it ironic how many people give those who are not wearing one a dirty look when the reason they may not be wearing one is for a medical condition.

I don't wear one because I don't believe it does anything. If I was concerned I would, however, it seems like the majority of those wearing masks are doing so incorrectly. This tells me they aren't concerned, but just wearing one because they are told they should.

I fall into this catagory.

I also think they are not 100 foolproof. It doesn't block somewhat germs.
They are uncomfortable, annoying and irritating to have this thing covering your face.
yes, adjusting it is terrible. I, too, feel like I am touching my face more than usual, constantly re-adjusting it. It slides down, then if you pull it u, it is near your eyes, the whole mask thing is terrible.

When I get home from work, I do not even want to go out anymore, that's how much I hate this thing in my face.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:42 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post

Yours is a mental condition, not a medical condition. You are trying to rationalize your decision to endanger yourself and other people's health by claiming a bogus medical reason, and then admitting you are just doing it for a personal reason.

As for people who can't wear masks because of a medical reason, they probably are not in good enough health to be out right now, and should be quarantining. COVID-19 would likely be deadly for a person like that.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:12 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,758,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yours is a mental condition, not a medical condition. You are trying to rationalize your decision to endanger yourself and other people's health by claiming a bogus medical reason, and then admitting you are just doing it for a personal reason.

As for people who can't wear masks because of a medical reason, they probably are not in good enough health to be out right now, and should be quarantining. COVID-19 would likely be deadly for a person like that.
I have never claimed that I don't wear one due to a medical condition, but you are not required to wear one if you do have a medical condition that would prevent you from wearing one. Medical conditions could be something as minimal as anxiety, pretty sure that's not deadly.

My rational is that the risk is so low, I am not going to let it take over my life...this is NOT "the new normal". I personally am not concerned about contracting the virus if that were to happen, so I don't feel that I am endangering myself; did the media put that idea in your head? As far as endangering other people, those that wear the PPE that they feel will keep them protected due so. In fact, the WHO website says not to wear one unless your in a specific situation. Feel free to look it up.

You are clearly drinking the Koolaid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcUAG6t5aN8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events