Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2020, 04:17 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
At 82 soon I've never had one on and hope I never do. I don't go out much due to other issues but around my apt bldg no mask here and for sure none in my house. Many who come into my house often have a mask on but end up taking it off while they are doing their "thing" in my place,

Nuts.....

Have an electrician coming next week and just talking to him, he said he's not in paranoia and he sees a lot of homes...but I guess he wears on when he does as he would get "dirty looks"..

My haircutter was here this morning, had a mask on, but once she stepped inside my apt, took it off and cut my hair, and NO MASK for those 30 minutes or so. She says the 3 people she cuts today, 1 is a mask freak and I another lady are not.
Even you have to know that you are not immune to this new virus. No one who hasn't already had it is immune

You and I disagree on almost everything here on CD, but knowing two people who were on ventilator for almost 2 months and how miserable it was on them and their families, it was horrible. They will be in rehab centers for months.

Unless you have a death wish, you should protect yourself. No supp will protect anyone, so use common sense. Masks when around others. Frequent hand washing, etc

One of them told me that before they put her on the vent, she felt the worst pain she ever felt and believed she had cement in her lungs

The other person's son told me he was clinically dead 2-3 times and was miraculously brought back each time

A mask is a small inconvenience. Anyone in your home should wear one to protect you. And, you should be wearing one when around others out of respect to protect them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
We don't wear masks when out walking/exercising with just a few people around, only when in stores or situations where you can't easily maintain distance from others. Covid cases have increased in our area, with the first hospitalizations since this started. So we are both too nervous to consider doing without distancing and/or masks.
Same here! Our city, and county, is also seeing a big uptick!

Be CONSIDERATE of OTHERS, wear a damn mask when you are around them.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:30 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I really miss smiling at people and seeing them smile.
My daughter says you can smile with your eyes but it is not the same.
Wear it where the mask police demand that you do, and otherwise get out and get fresh air and good breathing...this will be over and sure hope we don't end up another china.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Even you have to know that you are not immune to this new virus. No one who hasn't already had it is immune

You and I disagree on almost everything here on CD, but knowing two people who were on ventilator for almost 2 months and how miserable it was on them and their families, it was horrible. They will be in rehab centers for months.

Unless you have a death wish, you should protect yourself. No supp will protect anyone, so use common sense. Masks when around others. Frequent hand washing, etc

One of them told me that before they put her on the vent, she felt the worst pain she ever felt and believed she had cement in her lungs

The other person's son told me he was clinically dead 2-3 times and was miraculously brought back each time

A mask is a small inconvenience. Anyone in your home should wear one to protect you. And, you should be wearing one when around others out of respect to protect them
You can keep up your fearing but I will not. And it's true we come from TOTALLY opposite points of view on healing and medicines. I don't buy into your drug business world. Use a couple minor no side effect ones and otherwise that's it.

I know no one who has been sick with the CV....

Old 05-31-2020, 04:38 PM

10,230 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I wear one in the grocery store and thats it. Im thankful its not something I have to wear outdoors. Although some states I think a mask is mandatory outside even. Here in Fla it is just to damn hot and muggy for these things. What I don't like about them, they dont stay in one place, moving up and down, Makes it hard to breathe at times. Im really not sure they do all that good to be honest with you.
I lived in Naples for 10 years and worked in Elementary school. When the Heat Index got over 95 degrees in MAY, the kids were not allowed outside for PE or Recess. They had to stay inside in AC. Cannot be outside running around in that or risk heat stroke. Also have to HYDRATE in that weather. Masks???? Gimme a break. The rest of the country, who only thinks lovely weather in the Winters, is clueless what Southern Florida is like in Spring and Summer.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:46 PM

Jo, I've been to FL in the summer and hot/humid months and can't imagine a mask in all that heat. To stop my breathing even more.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Hi, if you are talking about me, I feel comfortable and what I do and who comes in my house etc etc....as I have said many times fear is not in my mindset. And it's is MOST I'd say. The media has done a good job.

I got a good haircut today and 30 minutes of a no mask haircut and no fear here. And has Jina said, many folks she deals with are in big fear, she and her husband are not. But they both work with the public. So.....

You have no idea who comes into your house!

Just like sexually transmitted diseases where you are sleeping with everyone your partner has ever slept with. With COVID, a disease that you don't need symptoms in order to spread to others, your friends and hair dresser are bringing everyone they were ever near into you home

Wake up!

Old 05-31-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you are not covering your nose the bandanna is worthless.
I cant rep you yet Suzy

But, to you post, I say AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people never, or don't want to, learn!

Old 05-31-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Bingo! Point being they let me into supermarkets. My sole purpose of wearing it. I have seen other customers pulling their masks down around their chins once inside.
They are idiots!

Old 05-31-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
You need to wear a mask if you are going to speak to people like a worker. I don't care if you're indoor or outdoor speaking directly at somebody is spraying them with your droplets. If you're just going out for a walk and not talking to people just go about your own business without a mask. However I see a lot of people are outside not wearing anything lining up at a store ordering stuff without a mask on. Unless you are picking up stuff and not having a conversation you need to put on a mask when speaking directly to someone.
https://youtu.be/FfqOTlBOH4s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events