Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 07:42 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,802,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
Another woman that claims black men abducted her child to throw police off her trail. ...[/url]

Trust me, that claim is a red-flag for investigating officers.

Rich

(41 years police officer, including working as a homicide detective in NYC)

Old 05-24-2020, 10:01 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,897,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCapeCod View Post
Trust me, that claim is a red-flag for investigating officers.

Rich

(41 years police officer, including working as a homicide detective in NYC)
Aside from the obvious common reason for this go-to accusation (this spat of White women claiming that Black Men did ____ to direct attention away from the true criminal or themselves), is it because of the fact that most child abduction occurs by a family member?

Old 05-24-2020, 11:40 AM

19,226 posts, read 16,736,940 times
I saw this story on the news last night. Made me want to cry. The father was on camera, speaking to reporters but could barely keep from falling apart. The mother looks like a real tool. That poor young man. Parents are supposed to protect you, not cause your pain. My heart goes out to the father. I hope the mother is punished to the full extent of the law.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:11 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,206,433 times
It's a very tragic situation. And I do have sympathy for that woman. After nine years of having to take care of a child with such severe disabilities, she just snapped. Instead, she should have divorced the husband and left him as the primary caregiver. Otherwise, she probably was really depressed over the fact that she was going to have to take care of her handicapped son for the rest of his life.

And yes, the father is sad and upset, but I'm guessing that he was able to leave the house for work and escape his parenting duties for 9-10 hours a day while his wife was stuck at home dealing with the son. Nine years is a LONG time to be trapped with a severely autistic child. The ancient Spartans would have tossed that child over a cliff's edge a lot sooner.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:18 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,425,664 times
She also worked, she is a psychologist I think, they are a middle class family.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:20 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,137,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
It's a very tragic situation. And I do have sympathy for that woman. After nine years of having to take care of a child with such severe disabilities, she just snapped. Instead, she should have divorced the husband and left him as the primary caregiver. Otherwise, she probably was really depressed over the fact that she was going to have to take care of her handicapped son for the rest of his life.

And yes, the father is sad and upset, but I'm guessing that he was able to leave the house for work and escape his parenting duties for 9-10 hours a day while his wife was stuck at home dealing with the son. Nine years is a LONG time to be trapped with a severely autistic child. The ancient Spartans would have tossed that child over a cliff's edge a lot sooner.
I tend to agree with you. After reading the story, I don’t think this woman started out evil, and no mom in her right mind would take her little boy out and drown him, so she was obviously having a breakdown. It’s a stressful situation and everyone has different breaking points. It looks as though she reached the end of hers.

Even so, she could have reached out to family and friends or spouse and told them how hard things were. She needs to be punished for that awful act, but also given a ton of mental help. If she was in her right mind, I don’t think this lady would have killed her boy. Real evil is where the poor kid goes to school and eats out of a trash can, because they’re hungry, or the medical examiner finds cigarette burns hidden on the body or CPS comes out and the parents talk their way out of it. As far I know, this boy was never bought in with unexplained bruises or broken bones, the woman didn’t systematically abuse him for years like you read in some of these cases.

Last edited by Taz22; 05-24-2020 at 12:42 PM..

Old 05-24-2020, 12:31 PM

352 posts, read 226,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
Another woman that claims black men abducted her child to throw police off her trail. She pushed her 9 yr old son into the canal TWICE.

'He's going to be in a better place': Florida mom charged with the murder of son with autism
Patricia Ripley said her son was abducted by two black men, police said
https://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-mo...ry?id=70848791
It seems the guilty party often likes to use racism and sexism as a red herring and to turn themselves into the victim. This approach used to work when prosecutors, courts, judges, and juries viewed women as perpetual angels incapable of even stealing a dime but, fortunately, it doesn't work too often these days (but it does in some cases, which is why some try this route). That said, tons of stolen taxpayer $$ are wasted investigating cases like these AND black and/or men's lives are ruined because of false accusations. Every false accusation should be charged...no more protecting fake victims...identities and their freedom...throw the book at them and let them rot in jail like the criminals they are. Justice must be served, otherwise there's no reason to have any laws. No two-tiered justice system.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:45 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I tend to agree with you. After reading the story, I don’t think this woman started out evil, and no mom in her right mind would take her little boy out and drown him, so she was obviously having a breakdown. It’s a stressful situation and everyone has different breaking points. It looks as though she reached the end of hers.

Even so, she could have reached out to family and friends or spouse and told them how hard things were. She needs to be punished for that awful act, but also given a ton of mental help. If she was in her right mind, I don’t think this lady would have killed her boy.
For sure she needs to be punished for murdering her son. Unfortunately, our society doesn't have a better way to deal with these situations. I don't think that there is a way to test if a fetus is going to become an autistic child. But parents don't have a way to relieve themselves of the huge burden of caring for a child that is severely handicapped. As it is, the costs of teaching public education students with special needs is exorbitant and a heavy burden to taxpayers, also draining the resources for the normal students.

And I have read of horrible stories of special needs children turning into adults who are stronger than their parents and then physically harm their caregivers.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:46 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,926,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Ahh, the old "black men abducted/murdered my wife/husband/child" routine.

How utterly 'original.'

Death penalty please.
What would anyone expect from someone who killed their own child

Old 05-24-2020, 12:50 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
What would anyone expect from someone who killed their own child
That nine year old was autistic and non-verbal. She never ever had any quality moments with her son. We're not talking about a normal or average mother-child bonding situation. Do you think that her son ever gave her kisses and hugs? Or mothers day gifts??? Or just a simple thank you for taking care of him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events