Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 03:22 PM

23,913 posts, read 33,736,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
They posted on their Facebook page that it is not him.

https://www.facebook.com/FindJasonLandry

Without DNA, it's possible the bones belong to someone who is not white, plus it could be a female.

I've seen cases wrong about dentals alone.

I was so hopeful it was Jason. He's still out there waiting to be found...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2023, 03:32 PM

2,471 posts, read 2,508,467 times
There was a lengthy discussion a year or so ago. Many poster thought he suffered a dissociative fugue from the accident and wandered off to die from the elements.

Old 02-12-2023, 03:32 PM

17,565 posts, read 16,714,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Having just heard of this case, by reading about it here on cd, I decided to research the case.
My feeling is he received a snapchat while at, or just before he entered the intersection at Magnolia.
It very well could have been a case where he hit a vehicle, while looking at his phone.

Authorities state he went off the dirt road some 4 miles away from that intersection, and more than likely "lost control of his car, and the rear of his car hit a tree".(the words of law enforcement)
No mention of the other damage to the car.

If you look at the pictures of the car, there is damage to the driver's front fender, which very well could have happened at that intersection of Magnolia.
It appears to me this was a case of extreme road rage.
I believe Jason was accosted by whoever he hit at that intersection, so he took off going straight ahead, instead of making a right turn which would have taken him in the direction he was supposed to be going.

Obviously the person he hit gave chase, and ran him off the dirt road where he crashed into the tree.
In one of the video you can clearly see two sets of tire tracks at the scene, which could indicate exactly what I am saying.

Now as for the clothes being scattered about, that is a tough one, but in road rage cases, people act crazy.
People have been beaten, and even shot ,in some road rage cases, so Jason winding up naked ,would not be out of the realm of things.
In a fit of rage the driver chasing him , told him to strip,, well aware of how cold it was outside.

It appears none of his valuables were taken, so robbery can be ruled out.
I believe it was a case of road rage, that more than likely ended in murder.
The body could have been disposed of anywhere.
Here is the link to what I found, and the video also.
https://www.khou.com/article/news/in...3-d651281700bf
That is as good a theory as any so far that I've heard. It certainly would explain how he wound up driving down a heavily rutted, pitch black road in the middle of nowhere rather than the tried and true route he was used to taking home.

You are right, people can go crazy with road rage and do inexplicably terrible things in the process. I hope that the police have consider this theory and investigated accordingly.

Old 02-12-2023, 09:19 PM

35,856 posts, read 18,173,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Having just heard of this case, by reading about it here on cd, I decided to research the case.
My feeling is he received a snapchat while at, or just before he entered the intersection at Magnolia.
It very well could have been a case where he hit a vehicle, while looking at his phone.

Authorities state he went off the dirt road some 4 miles away from that intersection, and more than likely "lost control of his car, and the rear of his car hit a tree".(the words of law enforcement)
No mention of the other damage to the car.

If you look at the pictures of the car, there is damage to the driver's front fender, which very well could have happened at that intersection of Magnolia.
It appears to me this was a case of extreme road rage.
I believe Jason was accosted by whoever he hit at that intersection, so he took off going straight ahead, instead of making a right turn which would have taken him in the direction he was supposed to be going.

Obviously the person he hit gave chase, and ran him off the dirt road where he crashed into the tree.
In one of the video you can clearly see two sets of tire tracks at the scene, which could indicate exactly what I am saying.

Now as for the clothes being scattered about, that is a tough one, but in road rage cases, people act crazy.
People have been beaten, and even shot ,in some road rage cases, so Jason winding up naked ,would not be out of the realm of things.
In a fit of rage the driver chasing him , told him to strip,, well aware of how cold it was outside.

It appears none of his valuables were taken, so robbery can be ruled out.
I believe it was a case of road rage, that more than likely ended in murder.
The body could have been disposed of anywhere.
Here is the link to what I found, and the video also.
https://www.khou.com/article/news/in...3-d651281700bf
I've been to the area twice. Once right after it happened, and could look at the trees the car hit.

And once several months later.

The police reports of what happened, IMHO, are exactly correct. His car was intact until he was on that dark little road, when for some reason he swerved off to the right and hit both his front fender and the rear of the car as he spun. When I was there 2 days after the wreck, there was still broken tail light covers, and other detritus from the wreck, and scars on the trees. The car itself, and his belongings, had been removed.

Jason's beloved betta fish was located in the middle of the road dead, in its container, along with the clothing he was apparently wearing when he left Texas State University. I don't believe anyone except Jason would have removed his fish from the car. I believe he was trying to make it back to town, with his fish, and backpack, and then something happened.

For some reason, likely hypothermia and shock (the temperature that night was below freezing), he removed his clothing and left his backpack and his fish in the middle of the road and he has never been seen again.

This is an area where wildlife crosses the road at night. An animal crossing in the dark in front of him would have caused him to suddenly swerve on that road, and hit the trees.

When I was there the first time, there was a feral hog that had been hit by a car, weighing maybe 150 pounds that was in a state of decay right there. The smell of crude oil was so overwhelming, that you couldn't smell the decaying feral hog, although I was standing right next to it.

If Jason was also there, deceased, you'd have no way to detect that because of the overwhelming crude smell. I believe he's there, maybe a mile or so away, and just hasn't been discovered.

Last edited by ClaraC; 02-12-2023 at 09:28 PM..

Old 02-12-2023, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I've been to the area twice. Once right after it happened, and could look at the trees the car hit.

And once several months later.

The police reports of what happened, IMHO, are exactly correct. His car was intact until he was on that dark little road, when for some reason he swerved off to the right and hit both his front fender and the rear of the car as he spun. When I was there 2 days after the wreck, there was still broken tail light covers, and other detritus from the wreck, and scars on the trees. The car itself, and his belongings, had been removed.

Jason's beloved betta fish was located in the middle of the road dead, in its container, along with the clothing he was apparently wearing when he left Texas State University. I don't believe anyone except Jason would have removed his fish from the car. I believe he was trying to make it back to town, with his fish, and backpack, and then something happened.

For some reason, likely hypothermia and shock (the temperature that night was below freezing), he removed his clothing and left his backpack and his fish in the middle of the road and he has never been seen again.

This is an area where wildlife crosses the road at night. An animal crossing in the dark in front of him would have caused him to suddenly swerve on that road, and hit the trees.

When I was there the first time, there was a feral hog that had been hit by a car, weighing maybe 150 pounds that was in a state of decay right there. The smell of crude oil was so overwhelming, that you couldn't smell the decaying feral hog, although I was standing right next to it.

If Jason was also there, deceased, you'd have no way to detect that because of the overwhelming crude smell. I believe he's there, maybe a mile or so away, and just hasn't been discovered.

I agree, I also think he's within a mile of where he crashed.

People should have been looking for birds circling the sky that would have eaten his body as it decomposed. That may not have been soon after he went missing, it could have been with the spring thaw. I don't know how cold it gets there. I just googled, he went missing December 13 2020.

My partner and I were advocating for a guy missing from WV in the middle of October. It was fairly warm that fall, he was found because a neighbor smelled him decomposing about 50 days after he went missing.

I updated Jason's thread so that it's there

Old 02-12-2023, 10:44 PM

Want to put this with Jason's thread. Human remains were found in Luling that his parents Facebook page said are not Jason.

Missing Person - Jason Landry
posted February 11, 9:27AM
Some of you may have already heard that they found some human remains (a skull and some bones) in Luling a few miles from the accident scene. They are not Jason's. They have been examined by forensic anthropologists and compared to Jason's dental records and they are not a match. Please pray for the family of whoever this unfortunate soul is. May they soon find answers.
Here's a short news clip from a San Antonio TV station:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15dGhchrjSg

Texas police department investigating bones, skull found by dog

by: Grace Reader

Posted: Feb 10, 2023 / 08:19 PM CST

Updated: Feb 10, 2023 / 08:30 PM CST

Quote:
LULING, Texas (KXAN) — A Texas police department is working to figure out where skeletal remains came from, and who they belong to, after someone called police and said their dog brought home what appeared to be a human skull.

The Luling Police Department said Thursday it was called to Hackberry Avenue after someone called police and told them they had a possible human skull in their yard. They reportedly told police their dog had been bringing back bones for about a week, which they thought were animal bones.

The dog owner said the dog had gone to an “unknown location†and brought the skull back.

The police department said it initially thought it could be tied to a high profile missing person case in Caldwell County, so they notified the District Attorney and the Attorney General’s Office.

Old 02-13-2023, 06:39 AM

40,996 posts, read 49,376,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
People should have been looking for birds circling the sky that would have eaten his body as it decomposed. That may not have been soon after he went missing, it could have been with the spring thaw. I don't know how cold it gets there. I just googled, he went missing December 13 2020.
There is no such thing as Spring Thaw here in Texas especially that south central TX area around Luling. Only occasionally day time temps get below freezing and many winter days it's in the 50's to 70's. Even here in DFW 200 miles north our temps this week are to be in the 60's and low 70's.

So the buzzards would have been on his body fairly quickly and those small town folk would have been watching the sky's. Yes there is a very good chance a large group of wild hogs may have eaten the remains before the buzzards had a chance.

If the hogs got him, even the bones may not have survived except in small pieces.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:24 AM

51,189 posts, read 36,873,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
There was a lengthy discussion a year or so ago. Many poster thought he suffered a dissociative fugue from the accident and wandered off to die from the elements.
They searched a very wide area though. That body would have been found if he just collapsed somewhere.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:40 AM

102,308 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doron512 View Post
The Captain in charge of the case from the Sheriff's Office maintains he thinks that Jason's remains were consumed by feral hogs, do you believe that? I have been to the area as well. Too many things just don't add up. I think that he had a drug problem.
I remember in early discussions of the case, that it was said he'd taken drugs before leaving to drive home. I don't recall the details. Or maybe it was speculation that he went to the area where he was found, to buy drugs. Does anyone remember something about that, from earlier in the thread?

Old 02-13-2023, 10:05 AM

2,471 posts, read 2,508,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They searched a very wide area though. That body would have been found if he just collapsed somewhere.

Remains sometimes turn up years later in areas that had already been searched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events