Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2021, 07:35 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I guess road rage is possible, ...
Being Texas... I agree with road rage as a possibility. I've been chased down by a few nut cases. Just last month some guy chased me to town and tried to ram me because I had passed him @20 mph on a Texas country road. There were no safety / risk issues (except this driver). People are nuts everywhere, rural Texas avails a lot of freedumbs to be abused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 04:21 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Being Texas... I agree with road rage as a possibility. I've been chased down by a few nut cases. Just last month some guy chased me to town and tried to ram me because I had passed him @20 mph on a Texas country road. There were no safety / risk issues (except this driver). People are nuts everywhere, rural Texas avails a lot of freedumbs to be abused.

That's what some of us thought when he first went missing. That or he was ambushed by someone that knew him.

Back when he first went missing, a few of us thought of some really good possibilities of what could have happened such as someone hit him when he started walking, they didn't leave him there, took him with them.

We're clueless on when the last time someone actually saw him in person. We also don't know if anyone has looked at his social media or gone through his cell phone. It's strange that LE actually gave his cell phone to his parents, suggesting that they look it over.

I'm sure that LE know a lot more than they were saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Another driver could have killed him in a fit of road rage, then loaded the body and disposed of it elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Or, as he was walking back to Luling in the dark of night, on that dark road someone could have hit him and panicked and picked up his body.

When you look at this case, it is becoming less and less likely that the more mundane thing happened - that he was dazed and slightly injured and walked off, and he's out there somewhere.

Very possible since his phone and wallet were in the car. It makes no sense why he didn't call for help which leads me to wonder if someone else was involved.

Quote:
A couple of updates. The 20K reward was a misunderstanding, and they've updated the "missing" flyer to include a picture that's recent. He really doesn't, IMHO, look anything like the pic they've been circulating and that's 6 days of wasted time. Anyone seeing him in public, dazed, it seems, would be unlikely to have recognized him from the wedding photo.

https://www.facebook.com/southminpres/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6869552&type=3

Stupid to even include that clean cut picture of him when he doesn't look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
New message on Equusearch page.

Jason MAY have a goatee, and so may look more like the pic of him with the full beard than clean-shaven.

I'm surprised no one knows this answer. Did he not have a roommate, or see anyone regularly?

Or ZOOM?

https://texasequusearch.org/missing-...exas-12-14-20/

Totally unreal that no one seems to know.

I wonder when he was actually last seen before the crash. Maybe it wasn't even him that crashed it.

He did take finals, reportedly, and in this online era they're careful to make sure it's the student themselves taking the final. OR, he did it in person. So someone was looking at him at some point.

Ya know, it crossed my mind also that maybe he wasn't in the car. At this point, you kind of have to expand your thinking to include everything, including Jason never left San Marcos. As unlikely as that all is.

Years ago after Rachel Cooke disappeared from near Austin while out on a run, after investigating for a month of so, LE put out a statement saying that if you have a thought about what happened to her that doesn't fit the narrative of her being taken while out for a run in the neighborhood, please let us know. At that point, they were going all the way back to square one to consider any possibility at all.

And the Rachel Cooke case has still never been solved.

I hadn't thought about the possibility of him never being in the car. But then it's awfully coincidental that whoever was in the car headed in the same direction he would have gone. And left his things.

I do think it's odd that there really hasn't been any information about timeline, where he was before he left, who the last person to talk to him or see him was, etc.

Quote:
Quote:
He did take finals, reportedly, and in this online era they're careful to make sure it's the student themselves taking the final. OR, he did it in person. So someone was looking at him at some point.

Ya know, it crossed my mind also that maybe he wasn't in the car. At this point, you kind of have to expand your thinking to include everything, including Jason never left San Marcos. As unlikely as that all is.

Years ago after Rachel Cooke disappeared from near Austin while out on a run, after investigating for a month of so, LE put out a statement saying that if you have a thought about what happened to her that doesn't fit the narrative of her being taken while out for a run in the neighborhood, please let us know. At that point, they were going all the way back to square one to consider any possibility at all.

It's always my 1st question when someone goes missing. When was the last time they were actually seen.

He could have been at a party, something happened there, then his car with his wallet and cell were taken on this ride where they banged up the car.

I especially have to wonder because he didn't call anyone. What's the 1st thing most people would do when they get in an accident? Call 911 and usually someone, friend, sibling, parent to also let them know because they'd now need a ride. It makes no sense to me why he wouldn't call unless it wasn't him in the car to begin with. It sounds like the perfect location to stage an accident.

Have they said anything about his cell phone? Was it on, turned off or dead? I haven't had time to read more about his case.

Quote:
And the Rachel Cooke case has still never been solved.

I hadn't thought about the possibility of him never being in the car. But then it's awfully coincidental that whoever was in the car headed in the same direction he would have gone. And left his things.

As I said above, it would have been to set up a scenario to make it look like he wandered away from a crash when he really died at a party or whatever. It would have been someone that knew his plans to go home

Quote:
I do think it's odd that there really hasn't been any information about timeline, where he was before he left, who the last person to talk to him or see him was, etc.

Totally agree. They need to put together a time line. Last time he was seen. Get cell records to see the last time he used it. Same with ATM card. I assume he filled the car with gas before he left. Was there video? Did he also run in for snacks or a drink?

What they have put out doesn't make sense. I'm almost tempted to send a Facebook message to the page Clara links to so they can pass the info along to the parents who can make sure LE are covering all of the bases. I'll see how today goes. My daughter and grandson moved out 2 months ago but have been staying here because she has a bug situation at her rental. My grandson 7, is already up.

Quote:
Quote:
Sad story.

I have a feeling they will eventually find his body within a few miles of his car. Luling is a small town and the surrounding area is rural. He possibly had a head injury. it was dark and probablyfew, if any, streetlights to guide him. He may not have had cell phone coverage in the area. He was probably injured, disoriented and got lost. He probably should have stayed with his car.

I agree, at this point it's recovery and not finding him alive since he wasn't found in the 1st few days. We also don't know what really happened and if he was even in that car when it crashed.

Last edited by Roselvr; 12-22-2021 at 04:49 AM..

Old 12-22-2021, 12:13 PM

17,368 posts, read 16,511,485 times
If I recall correctly, Jason left campus for the holidays to head home and did not tell his parents that he was on the way home so they weren't expecting him to arrive home that particular evening.

I think that was one of the things that made me think that, perhaps, Jason had told the people at school that he was leaving for home and his parents would think that he was still at school which would have bought Jason time to stage that scene and disappear voluntarily.

But if the unclothed, badly decomposed body found 2 hours away proves to be Jason then that would indicate foul play was involved.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:19 PM

50,753 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I never understood why some people get offended when you pass them.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:17 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,287,862 times
Quote:
Any idea how far it is from where he went missing? I just did a quick map, am unsure if it's right, says 32 minutes away
I don't know distance wise. I found another article. https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...s-office-says/ This says the Caldwell County sheriff doesn't believe it it is Jason.

At some point, they will know if it is Jason or not. I still think he is in a field or just a bit off the road within a few miles of where he crashed.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:22 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,157,380 times
Jason went missing a year ago. Would his body still be "decomposing" after the TX heat over the summer? Or would it be bones?

Old 12-23-2021, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
If I recall correctly, Jason left campus for the holidays to head home and did not tell his parents that he was on the way home so they weren't expecting him to arrive home that particular evening.

I think that was one of the things that made me think that, perhaps, Jason had told the people at school that he was leaving for home and his parents would think that he was still at school which would have bought Jason time to stage that scene and disappear voluntarily.

But if the unclothed, badly decomposed body found 2 hours away proves to be Jason then that would indicate foul play was involved.

From what I scanned yesterday when I replied, I believe you're right, he didn't tell them, so he may not have been on his way home.

Quote:
I don't know distance wise. I found another article. https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...s-office-says/ This says the Caldwell County sheriff doesn't believe it it is Jason.

At some point, they will know if it is Jason or not. I still think he is in a field or just a bit off the road within a few miles of where he crashed.

It's possible Jason has a deformity or something that would easily rule him out against the found remains. It could be his teeth, could be an amputated toe or he should have healed fractures, even pins in his bones that were not put out there when he disappeared.

Thanks for the article, I'll read it while waiting to drop my grandson at school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Jason went missing a year ago. Would his body still be "decomposing" after the TX heat over the summer? Or would it be bones?

It could be either depending on where the body was located, in shade, direct sun, things like that.

Old 12-23-2021, 07:36 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
The body was badly decayed. We had that massive freeze last year then our regular summers in the upper 90's. Plus that area is not to far from the Gulf which means high humidity and plenty of rain.

So yes, after a year in the Texas weather, you'd have a very badly decomposed body, probably bones. Especially after the wild animals fed off and stripped the remains. There should be plenty of DNA left inside the bones for testing. And probably enough skin or other remains.

Odds are this is some homeless person.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The body was badly decayed. We had that massive freeze last year then our regular summers in the upper 90's. Plus that area is not to far from the Gulf which means high humidity and plenty of rain.

So yes, after a year in the Texas weather, you'd have a very badly decomposed body, probably bones. Especially after the wild animals fed off and stripped the remains. There should be plenty of DNA left inside the bones for testing. And probably enough skin or other remains.

Odds are this is some homeless person.

If the person had teeth. they get DNA from teeth now. I've also read they can also get DNA from hair without roots. They used to need the roots in order to do so. Getting it from hair is very costly still.

Old 12-23-2021, 10:31 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,145,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I never understood why some people get offended when you pass them.
(Thread segue): Reminds me of blowing by someone in my 911 Turbo years ago, out in the middle of nowhere rural WA State. Laid on his horn as I went by, the whole way. Something weird or else I wouldn't recall, must have been about 2014. I do remember the great road and drive, and that it was pretty funny someone trying to subsequently catch up and murder me. Good luck with that, I was G-O-N-E in that Turbo. Complete jackass in some rattletrap car that couldn't go 70mph with a tailwind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events