Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2021, 05:04 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,558,876 times

Advertisements

So people aren't happy with Gaga;s "Hunger Games" and "Mockingbird" reference at the inauguration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 05:58 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There was a thread here a year or so ago about a guy in his 20's who lived with his grandmother, who was getting free cats and kittens on Craigslist, taking them home and torturing them to death in his bedroom. He did it to something like 20 before he was caught. They never say the outcome of cases like this, which makes me mad, but I'm sure the punishment wasn't nearly enough.
There was a guy years ago that was um...well let's just say feeding frozen rabbits to pythons gets expensive.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:10 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There was a guy years ago that was um...well let's just say feeding frozen rabbits to pythons gets expensive.
That’s awful! I wish people would stop offering free pets. Even charging a little would stop that. If someone can’t afford $20 to buy a pet, they can’t afford to take it to a vet either and shouldn’t be getting a pet. Even more so, if people have kittens to give away, they have a cat that needs to be fixed. Every county has shelters that offer low cost spay and neutering.

Old 02-27-2021, 10:18 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,067,215 times
A bit off topic, but a warning to all the animal lovers out there: A few years ago a lady in Oak Lawn (SW of Chicago) posted she had found a couple of poodles, I think they were mother/daughter. A guy calls her and convinced her they were his, and she gives them to him. He promptly drives to Christ Hospital, up to the top of the parking structure (6 stories?) and drops them both off the top, I think he said he was "curious" when the cops caught up to him (is there anyplace that has more cameras than a hospital?) One died, and the other was badly injured. He was given a pretty stiff sentence, but seeing that it's Illinois, probably only did maybe 25% of it. People in town were offering to take him up to the top of the garage and give him the express ride down, same as he did the dogs, but the judge didn't take them up on it. Sounded like Justice to me. I'm sure the lady who turned them over was heartbroken, let alone the real owner.

Anyhoo, demand some form of proof (meet at their Vet's office to do the handover, maybe, or a police station) before relinquishing lost pets to someone with no photos or other evidence. Lots of sick individuals out there.

Old 02-28-2021, 05:50 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Well what you interpreted Chessie's post to mean is not what I interpreted Chessie's post to mean and my own interpretation remains the same unless Chessie clarifies it personally that s/he was likening degenerate people to animals. S/he wouldn't be half wrong even if she was likening them, because humans ARE animals anyway.

Be that as it may, what you said in your last sentence above confirms what I said about there being too many people, most particularly far too many unevolved people such as the list of regressive degenerates with the habits you described in that sentence. There's a multitude more of human degenerates and a multitude more degenerate practises and habits that can be added to that list and they're existing all over the world, not only in USA. USA just happens to have far too many more of human degenerates in proportion to its over-population by comparison with the proportion of denerates in other most over-populated countries. But it always has, since its beginning, so no surprise there.

I'll add that Lady Gaga and her dogsitting friend brought this particular incident onto themselves by carelessly attracting degenerates to themselves. They did it through their respective social media activity which is contrived to attract public attention and they need to accept responsibility for their own thoughtlessness and lack of foresight. There is no way it could have been just a coincidence that the two thieves just happened to be in exactly the right place at exactly the right time to steal dogs in that residential neighbourhood. They knew what time to be there, knew where to wait and knew eactly who to find there as they patiently awaited their intended victim's appearance ...... all because of celebrity/socialite activity on social media.

No. I meant that the cat and dog population has swelled to untenable levels. Not animals in general, not humans. Overbreeding of cats and dogs. People letting little Poopsie get preggers so that the kiddies can experience it. And then so they can make a few bucks by selling them. Backyard breeding should be illegal.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:16 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 14 hours ago)

27,162 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What in the world is going on these days?

Story

"Lady Gaga's dogwalker was shot in the chest four times by two men in Los Angeles on Wednesday night who stole two of the star's three French bulldogs.

Ryan Fischer had been walking Gaga's beloved dogs Koji, Miss Asia and Gustavo, in West Hollywood at around 10pm yesterday night when he was shot outside of his home on Sierra Bonita Avenue."
I feel very sorry for the dog walker Ryan Fischer , the dogs Koji, Miss Asia and Gustavo and indeed Stefani Germanotta (Lady Gaga).

Animals are good companions and they become attached to people and part of the family, and it can be devastating losing a beloved pet and I hope they find those responsible, and the dogs can be returned to Stefani.

As for the dog walker I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Old 02-28-2021, 12:13 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I feel very sorry for the dog walker Ryan Fischer , the dogs Koji, Miss Asia and Gustavo and indeed Stefani Germanotta (Lady Gaga).

Animals are good companions and they become attached to people and part of the family, and it can be devastating losing a beloved pet and I hope they find those responsible, and the dogs can be returned to Stefani.

As for the dog walker I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.
Ryan Fischer was shot just one time, not four times as was first reported. But that one shot was in the chest and he was severely wounded and suffered terrible pain. However, he got reasonably prompt attention, is doing well after surgery, and is expected to make a full recovery. Lady Gaga is paying all of his medical expenses (and I hope giving him a generous reward/raise as well, no doubt kept private at present for discretion).

The dogs, who seem to be very fond of both Ryan and Lady Gaga, judging by online videos, were picked up from the police station by Lady Gaga's staff: her private detectives and at least one person who is live-in help, and were taken to her (and the dogs') home. I am sure that she will rush home as quickly as possible once she finishes filming the movie in Italy. Bad enough to have experienced such a traumatic occurrence, but to have been out of the country and unable to return immediately must have magnified the trauma.

The place where the dogs were found is a good distance from where they were stolen. Might be a clue as to the whereabouts of the dog-nappers, or might be a red herring. I hope their leashes, collars or harnesses can be checked for fingerprints and DNA, assuming they still remained with the dogs. If not, then whatever was used to tie them to the "pole in the alley" (a very vague description of where they were found, probably deliberately vague).

Old 02-28-2021, 03:01 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,067,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No. I meant that the cat and dog population has swelled to untenable levels. Not animals in general, not humans. Overbreeding of cats and dogs. People letting little Poopsie get preggers so that the kiddies can experience it. And then so they can make a few bucks by selling them. Backyard breeding should be illegal.
I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification. Many animal welfare organizations work very hard in the "spay/neuter" arena to prevent just what you are talking about.

If "NYPD Blue" has any connection to real life, my guess is a large reward will get tips as to the identities of the perps. Shooting the dog handler put a much larger spotlight on them vs. simply stealing the dogs themselves, the cops have to give this case some attention due to the severity and publicity. On the other hand, nobody was killed, and LA has a lot of killings every year, likely a large number of which go unsolved - Chicago murders are only cleared at about fifty percent, if memory serves.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:09 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Gaga dogs found tied to a pole in an alley miles away. Women recognized dogs from the news. Or so she says.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/27/lady-g...ood-samaritan/
I'm glad the dogs were found and returned. In another article it says Lady Gaga had them inspected by a veterinarian and both came out fine and healthy.

I'm also glad that Lady Gaga will keep her word and gladly pay the $500,000 reward to the woman that found them. She probably needs the money to pay off debt and other obligations, especially now in this pademic because of Covid. This could be a gift from heaven, you never know.

The guy is also recovering well from the wound.

All in all, this is having a happy ending.

Hopefully, the police will be successful finding the two criminals that caused all this damage and worry for no reason. Police, find the perps!

PS. I'm not even a fan of Lady Gaga or even an animal lover (neither dislike animals), but what took place plus the shot of the guy is simply beyond wrong. The two criminals need to pay for this.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:14 PM

12,385 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification. Many animal welfare organizations work very hard in the "spay/neuter" arena to prevent just what you are talking about.

If "NYPD Blue" has any connection to real life, my guess is a large reward will get tips as to the identities of the perps. Shooting the dog handler put a much larger spotlight on them vs. simply stealing the dogs themselves, the cops have to give this case some attention due to the severity and publicity. On the other hand, nobody was killed, and LA has a lot of killings every year, likely a large number of which go unsolved - Chicago murders are only cleared at about fifty percent, if memory serves.
I would like to think that is because it comes down to not being to identify and/or prove who was the actual gangster(s) who fired in the specific ambush.

To bad the reward wasn't for information on the robbers, if this was their first time in the dog napping caper and thus fencing a dog business it might still be impossible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events