Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 03:20 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Well the mods certainly decide what "off topic" and "no politics" means.
I agree ... and I didn't bring it up; I was trying to squelch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
How can she help anyway, seeing as it wasn't at her house or her neighborhood, etc. She didn't see the shooter(s) and couldn't describe them if she wanted to.
With information of who contacts her to collect the reward.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:28 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
I don't understand why people are saying that she's encouraging the crime because she's offering a huge reward for the dogs? We all know LG is very wealthy and a very giving person. I'm sure the dog walker's medical bills will be taken care of

Old 02-25-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I don't understand why people are saying that she's encouraging the crime because she's offering a huge reward for the dogs? We all know LG is very wealthy and a very giving person. I'm sure the dog walker's medical bills will be taken care of
She's not really encouraging the crime, but it certainly sends a message that if you steal a celeb's pet, they're probably going to offer big bucks for their return.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A video of the shooting has been added to the story link.
Thanks for the update. Looks like it was just one shot, not the four that was reported this morning (not that it makes it any better. Just a little more hopeful for his recovery)

Sweet Miss Asia ... you can tell that she was concerned about the dog walker.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:32 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,246,338 times
When your human employee is shot while on the job the "priority" should not be your pet animals.
Maybe she was misquoted but to offer a reward for the return of the dogs only is a slap in face of the guy who got shot. If a reward is going to be offered it should be for information leading to the arrest of the shooter "no questions asked".

Old 02-25-2021, 03:58 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,764,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Priority would be getting her dogs back, which to her are her babies. She knows wherever they are they are completely confused and terrified. I would do whatever it took to get them back as well. I am not going to fault her for that. Nothing she does is going to bring back the dog walker, but the dogs may well still be alive.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^

She is grieving the loss (or potential loss) of her babies. That some would condemn her actions on this is surprising.

Old 02-25-2021, 04:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
How can she help anyway, seeing as it wasn't at her house or her neighborhood, etc. She didn't see the shooter(s) and couldn't describe them if she wanted to.
Lady Gaga's hired dogwalker certainly saw the shooter(s) and should be able to offer descriptions. It's possible these creeps "cased the joint" ahead of time, so others may now remember them, once a basic description is given to those who work for Lady Gaga in her home, as well as neighbors and perhaps Lady Gaga herself. The modus operandi may also offer i.d. clues. Plus, there appears to be surveillance film of the attack.

So, plenty of others - not just Lady Gaga - might be able to assist considerably in the investigation. And if she or someone else noticed someone with let's say, an "unusual" amount of interest in her dogs, or her home/neighborhood, I expect the police would certainly be interested in any description she or other witnesses might provide. Sounds as if there's plenty of evidence that could be put to good use by a forensic artist, to help identify, find, and I hope charge and convict these criminals (not to mention, to help retrieve the two stolen dogs!)

Okay, here's an update: the film of the assault/dognapping can be seen on TMZ. It's horrifying. However, it proves there were two men involved and a white or light-colored Nissan Altima or Sentra was the vehicle used.

Lady Gaga is out of the country at present, so could not have been a witness. She asked that the neighbor's security camera's video be made public to help apprehend the thieves. Her dog walker sounds like a fairly young man, and he attempted to fight off the two thieves, but was shot in the process - warning, both the shot and his pain-filled cries for help are clearly heard on the video. Ultimately, someone heard him and came to him and I suppose dialed 911, as he was taken to the hospital following being shot in the chest. As I haven't seen an update, I gather he must be holding his own - surely hope he recovers quickly and completely.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 02-25-2021 at 04:39 PM..

Old 02-25-2021, 04:37 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
I see a new industry of Armed Dogwalkers For The Stars on the horizon.

Wanted: Dogwalkers.

Must be licensed to carry and own weapon on our service's approved list.

Military or law enforcement background preferred.

Must like animals and be willing to comply with local pooper-scooper laws

Old 02-25-2021, 05:18 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Who walks dogs at 10 p.m. at night? What dogs are up at 10 p.m. at night? What kind of a schedule is that?!
Ruth, there are probably millions of people who walk their dogs very late at night, usually just before locking up and settling down in bed for the night. It's part of the daily poop and pee schedule for the dogs so there are no 'accidents' in the house in the middle of the night. On the street where I live I can count at least a dozen residents just on my own block alone that take their dogs out for a midnight walk every night to do their "business" right after the 11 to midnight news on TV has ended and before they go to bed. Like clockwork. Some of the senior dogwalkers in the neighbourhood join up to walk their dogs together at night and make a social occasion of it. Safety in numbers too when you're out in the dark, right!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events