Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Had ANY Covid-19 Tests
Had ZERO Tests 121 50.00%
Had 1 or 2 Tests 80 33.06%
Had 3 or more Tests 34 14.05%
Had only the antibody Tests 7 2.89%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 01:18 AM

8,500 posts, read 4,744,511 times

Advertisements

Yup. My parents had it, and I was in their house pretty much every day including the day my Pa got ambulanced out for what would become his covid diagnosis.

Unfortunately my test was sketchy because it was delayed for a long time, as it was during the Texas snowpocalypse, so although I was 100% asymptomatic and tested negative, I don’t feel like I’ll ever really know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 01:37 AM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
I have not but my son has been tested since he travels a lot and his company and the businesses they deal with require it. Also the airlines require a negative test too before you can board the plane.

Old 04-10-2021, 02:44 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
My husband and I have been tested when we've felt unwell. I've also been tested prior to seeing my elderly mother before I got my Narwahl mask. Fortunately, she is now fully vaccinated and I am half vaccinated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
did you have the poll up initially. I didnt see it when I first clicked on your thread.
It's been a long time since I've made a poll, but I think there is a lag - the poll doesn't show up right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I have not but my son has been tested since he travels a lot and his company and the businesses they deal with require it. Also the airlines require a negative test too before you can board the plane.

I have not been tested.
My husband was tested before traveling to Alaska last summer. However, it was the state, not the airline, that wanted him tested. The alternative was to quarantine upon arrival, and what kind of vacation is that?
Airlines aren't currently requiring tests, though I think they are necessary to go to certain places - Hawaii, for example. My husband flew to California a couple days ago, no test needed.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:38 AM

610 posts, read 264,127 times
One before Christmas because I was experiencing some slight cold-like symptoms and I wasn't taking any chances. Another because of a potential exposure. Both were negative.

Got my first Pfizer vaccine yesterday- I was *slightly* hesitant but already feel a huge sigh of relief and cannot wait until I'm fully vaccinated. My most recent potential exposure was from my sister when we went on a walk together on Easter. She ended up being negative, but the fact that a completely benign activity like a walk potentially was a spreader event pushed me over the edge.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:18 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I've heard the test was very sucky. I can't imagine doing the test to myself. My 7 year old grandson said the test was horrible to get.
Not anymore. I don't believe anyone is using the "brain tickler" test anymore. I could be wrong, but my understanding is that they're mostly using the swab that only goes just inside your nose and swirled around a bit for about 15 seconds. Mine was not uncomfortable in the least.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:25 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
It is still impossible I think to get one. Every appointment is filled up.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:45 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It is still impossible I think to get one. Every appointment is filled up.
I saw on the news this morning that health centers are cancelling TESTS because people are not having them done. The VACCINATION appointments are heavily booked.

Ironically, yesterday we scheduled my wife yesterday to have her 1st dose this weekend. She didn't want the vaccine, but she may need to go up north to help her elderly parents on short notice. With the talk of airlines and private businesses possibly requiring vaccinations, she wants to be ready for whatever restrictions are put in place.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:28 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Negative again. I get tested after traveling and regularly

Old 04-10-2021, 11:15 AM

177 posts, read 130,487 times
At work one of the staff got Covid. All the employees (about 12) had to go get tested. We all came back negative.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:45 AM

5,995 posts, read 3,731,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Negative again. I get tested after traveling and regularly
Just curious. Do you have to pay anything to get tested? How long are your wait times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events