Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 10:02 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,236,002 times

Advertisements

https://people.com/crime/california-...en-found-dead/

All 3 were under 5 years old. Why moms kill their kids is a mystery to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 03:26 AM

23,864 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
https://people.com/crime/california-...en-found-dead/

All 3 were under 5 years old. Why moms kill their kids is a mystery to me.

Considering the youngest was 6 months old, post partum depression could be a contributor. According to the go fund me which has raised $25,628 of a $50k goal, the parents were not married and were broken up at some point I assume after the baby was born because there's a photo of the father with the 3 kids. The fundraiser says the father has tried to get custody of the kids by calling CPS. The article you linked to said the grandmother was the main caregiver.

Thankfully she did not kill herself, she's now behind bars. We may never know why she did what she did.

I can't imagine why they need $50k for the fundraiser. Blows my mind some of the dollar amounts people put on these fundraisers. No doubt it will go over that.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:43 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,809,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Considering the youngest was 6 months old, post partum depression could be a contributor. According to the go fund me which has raised $25,628 of a $50k goal, the parents were not married and were broken up at some point I assume after the baby was born because there's a photo of the father with the 3 kids. The fundraiser says the father has tried to get custody of the kids by calling CPS. The article you linked to said the grandmother was the main caregiver.

Thankfully she did not kill herself, she's now behind bars. We may never know why she did what she did.

I can't imagine why they need $50k for the fundraiser. Blows my mind some of the dollar amounts people put on these fundraisers. No doubt it will go over that.

Why is it thankful she didn't kill herself? Now the taxpayer has to pay for her to be in prison the rest of her life. Better she just off herself after killing her 3 young kids imo.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:02 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Why is it thankful she didn't kill herself? Now the taxpayer has to pay for her to be in prison the rest of her life. Better she just off herself after killing her 3 young kids imo.
Oh, come on. It's premature at this point to write her life off as worthless. What if the catalyst for the murders was a combination of postpartum depression, stress from a broken relationship, and who knows what other mental health issues? Let's at least wait for all the facts to come in, before writing her off as a waste of taxpayer money. If we ever get the facts; it's one of the most frustrating things about these Current Events topics; we rarely get any follow-up to the sensationalistic headlines.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:14 AM

5,977 posts, read 3,720,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, come on. It's premature at this point to write her life off as worthless. What if the catalyst for the murders was a combination of postpartum depression, stress from a broken relationship, and who knows what other mental health issues? Let's at least wait for all the facts to come in, before writing her off as a waste of taxpayer money. If we ever get the facts; it's one of the most frustrating things about these Current Events topics; we rarely get any follow-up to the sensationalistic headlines.
Oh, so if she was having some relationship issues and had some mental health issues, that excuses everything?

Not in my book! How is that any different from some nut taking a gun and shooting a bunch of people he doesn't even know? It's not. In both cases, the guilty party should be given a speedy trial and then they should pay the maximum penalty allowed by law.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:19 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,809,163 times
Quote:
Premature? not even a little bit lol. She killed her 3 very young kids, what contribution can she make to society ? nothing. She should have taken care of herself as well.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:24 AM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Huh? That would have been the BEST thing that could have happened. Why in the hell anyone would want the woman to survive is beyond me.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:26 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Oh, so if she was having some relationship issues and had some mental health issues, that excuses everything?

Not in my book! How is that any different from some nut taking a gun and shooting a bunch of people he doesn't even know? It's not. In both cases, the guilty party should be given a speedy trial and then they should pay the maximum penalty allowed by law.
Why would it excuse everything? I mean, aside from the fact that the law allows for mental health conditions to be taken into consideration. My point was, that the poor woman may need serious help. The other poster was saying, tax-payers would be better off if she were dead. That's a bit extreme. But I forget that on C-D, human life doesn't mean much to some people.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:27 AM

8,752 posts, read 5,046,098 times
Quote:
No matter what the reason......how could she ever live with herself, even if she recovered from an illness.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:27 AM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post

I agree. I am so tired of the "mental health problems" that excuse everything. I don't care WHAT the reason is. You take a life in cold blood and you are done, in my book. Period. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events