Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 08:57 AM

23,877 posts, read 33,601,389 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here speak Spanish?

The article I brought over actually comes from a Spanish article, linked below. I don't read Spanish, maybe one of our members here does and can sum up what it says. It said the father said the baby didn't have a bracelet on, it's very possible the bracelet was misquoted from the original.

There's also a simulation video but again, I don't know Spanish to know what they're saying in it.

“Nos dieron otra bebé”: pareja hispana cree que un hospital le entregó la hija de otra persona - Dos imágenes en las que se ve un bebé con un tono de piel distinto son la principal evidencia de un matrimonio mexicano que teme un hospital se confundió y le dio a una recién nacida enferma. El centro médico afirma que tiene un estricto sistema de vigilancia para evitar ese tipo de errores. - 29 Abr 2021 – 7:30 AM EDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Those pictures and the copy are pulled directly from the Daily Mail story. Who knows if they are legit or not? The Daily Mail is notorious for posting click bait articles. They don’t confirm the stories they run like an actual news outlet does. They’ve been sued more times than I can count for libel. Not taking this story as fact given their track record and the lack of any reputable news outlet reporting on it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...kitribune.html

Thanks for the article about Daily Mail being click bait. I don't go there that often but when I do, I can spend a lot of time catching up on celebrities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
The story has so many holes in it. How the heck do they think they're going to get their child back? (If it really is their child out there in the world.)

If it's true, I think they have a case because the babies look different to me.

Quote:
Something else I notice.

MOM says that the bracelets didn't match up.

DAD says baby didn't even HAVE a bracelet. Suuurrreee.

That's why I copied that article here because that article said she didn't have a bracelet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 09:28 AM

32,668 posts, read 48,104,757 times
Sorry, I am not going to believe that a hospital refused to do a DNA test on a disputed baby. A parentage DNA test doesn't cost all that much and it is a heck of a lot less than the liability from switching infants.

The hospital will know where the other infant went and so DNA could be done on that child right now. This is not some weird unsolvable mystery.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:38 AM

17,411 posts, read 16,566,992 times
The pictures look like two different babies to me.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:06 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,645 posts, read 18,001,275 times
Roselvr, here's the translation I ran through Google translator:

“They gave us another baby”: Hispanic couple believes that a hospital gave them someone else's daughter - Two images in which a baby with a different skin tone is seen are the main evidence of a Mexican couple who fear a hospital got confused and gave a sick newborn. The medical center claims it has a strict surveillance system to prevent such mistakes.

Interesting, it's hard to tell from the pics, but I don't see an ankle bracelet identifier on either baby.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:23 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,038,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Roselvr, here's the translation I ran through Google translator:

“They gave us another baby”: Hispanic couple believes that a hospital gave them someone else's daughter - Two images in which a baby with a different skin tone is seen are the main evidence of a Mexican couple who fear a hospital got confused and gave a sick newborn. The medical center claims it has a strict surveillance system to prevent such mistakes.

Interesting, it's hard to tell from the pics, but I don't see an ankle bracelet identifier on either baby.

The lighter skinned baby has an ankle bracelet, but you can't tell on the darker skinned child, because the picture doesn't show enough of the baby's legs.

But mom had said the baby's bracelet didn't match the mother's...so I believe she had one.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:10 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,503,354 times
Quote:
But mom had said the baby's bracelet didn't match the mother's...so I believe she had one.
Okay... but let's say that's true. They clearly had a phone with a camera because they took pictures of what they're claiming to be Baby A and Baby B. If the bracelets didn't match, it would be so simple to snap a quick picture of the non-matching bracelets. If you're holding the baby and staring down at the bracelets and you can see plain as day that they don't match, why wouldn't you do this?

Old 04-30-2021, 02:49 PM

The lighter skinned baby looks bigger and more filled out. Look at that baby's chubby legs compared to the dark haired baby's skinny legs that haven't filled out, yet. They don't look like the same baby.

Old 04-30-2021, 04:59 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,645 posts, read 18,001,275 times
Weird, weird.

The story has now been scrubbed from the internet.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:41 PM

736 posts, read 456,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The hospital will know where the other infant went and so DNA could be done on that child right now. This is not some weird unsolvable mystery.
But now the parents who have the other baby would have to consent to a DNA test.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Weird, weird.

The story has now been scrubbed from the internet.
What on earth? That is very weird? I wonder if it's a hoax??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events