Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 02:26 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,653 posts, read 18,015,765 times

Advertisements

It seems if the health dept had visited while this was going on they’d have gotten a huge ding for using a water serving pitcher to store clear cleaning fluid on the counter in the kitchen. First rule of safety make danger visually obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2022, 06:41 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,436,025 times
Everybody looking for a payday...which has better odds,that or the lottery?

Old 01-22-2022, 07:17 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,347,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So this was ecosan, not chlorine. I wonder if ecosan is as noticeable as chlorine? I can’t imagine taking more than one small sip of a chlorine wash, but maybe this product is less noticeable.
Sodium hypochlorite according to the SDS for ECO-SAN.

Eco-San is a specially formulated food contact surface sanitizer and destainer for use in low-temperature warewashing machines that rinses clear. Eco-San leaves dishes, flatware and glassware both sparkling and hygienically clean, as it combats a broad spectrum of organisms. A high concentration of chlorinating agent makes Eco-San suitable for use with an automatic dispensing system which is safer, more sanitary and insures the correct amount of product is being used

https://www.ecolab.com/offerings/liq...oducts/eco-san

Old 01-22-2022, 07:26 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,650,137 times
I run a restaurant and we never use any chemical agents for things like this. Our health inspector expressly forbids this sort of thing. Each night our nozzles are removed and placed in a container full of carbonated water. The next morning, they are washed with regular soap and water and then run though the sanitizer. It would be absolutely impossible for something like this to happen at my restaurant.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:02 AM

1,711 posts, read 810,586 times
I wonder what the average household kitchen would score on a true health inspection visit.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:35 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,156,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
I wonder what the average household kitchen would score on a true health inspection visit.
I would probably get a B-, because one of the dogs licks the floor sometimes and the cat bats things under the stove so you never know what's under there lol!

Old 01-23-2022, 09:07 AM

50,883 posts, read 36,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Everybody looking for a payday...which has better odds,that or the lottery?
He has permanent damage to his throat and his gastrointestinal system, why shouldn’t he get a payday? And Its taken him eight years to get this. It’s not like it’s some instant rags to riches scheme. They knew what they did right away, because they faxed the MDS data sheet on this chemical to the hospital. It is absolutely a violation of law to keep cleaning fluid in an open pitcher. We have to have in-service is on this once a year, all chemicals must be in sealed containers and marked with what they are including warning labels.

Old 01-23-2022, 01:06 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,039,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I run a restaurant and we never use any chemical agents for things like this. Our health inspector expressly forbids this sort of thing. Each night our nozzles are removed and placed in a container full of carbonated water. The next morning, they are washed with regular soap and water and then run though the sanitizer. It would be absolutely impossible for something like this to happen at my restaurant.
That's how it was always done at every restaurant I've ever worked at.

Old 01-23-2022, 02:27 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,198,781 times
Where were the state health inspectors? They are supposed to be checking for stuff like this.

I do think CB should pay this man’s medical bills at the very least. They messed up big time. And the managers of that restaurant should have been fired.

Old 01-23-2022, 02:49 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,181,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Where were the state health inspectors? They are supposed to be checking for stuff like this.
They can't be around 24/7 and you can't idiot proof everything.
I once caught an employee cleaning with a generic spray bottle instead of any one of the approved cleaning solutions we had, when I asked him what it was he told me he had mixed together several cleaners to make a 'super cleaner'. Considering some of those cleaners would take the paint off the shelves I guess I'm lucky the dummy didn't blow the whole store up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events