Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 10:48 AM

51,182 posts, read 36,873,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Our business model that has strict rules on chemicals. Now has ( five years and counting). ' organic' clean products. Be it sanitizing kitchen trays to linen washing.
Might as well soak everything in lemon juice, vinegar , or salt water. Mind you the public wants all food service to be sterile and in compliance .
I think this gent deserved to be compensated. I think THAT particular location is 100% culpable.

You bet I'm all for soaking certain products in a chlorine base solution. Followed by rinse and hot steam. Not sure how a solution though is kept uncapped or not labeled.
It wasn't just uncapped and unlabeled, they were storing it in a water pitcher, which is how it got served to her in a glass. It's not just a business model that it must be in original container with warning labels and identifying labels, it's state law (probably Federal too, OSHA).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 10:29 PM

13,471 posts, read 7,460,471 times
If you just blame the ones who used the water pitcher didn't label it, or the server who served the chemical to someone thinking it was water that won't fix the problem.

Human make mistakes have to accept that, and the only way to improve it is to put a process in place which never allows cleaning solution anywhere near a water pitcher. 100's of ways to put a process in place avoid this in the future I'm sure Cracker Barrel has put those processes in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events