Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 10:08 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I guess I didnt think about the Hispanic aspect of it. Just to clarify for everyone, Dad is from
Greece (according to FB profile) if that makes any difference.

Some days it is just hard to quietly accept the level of blind judgement and hatred that still exists today. I guess it is just human nature and not everyone strives to be better.
IMO, those people have barely crawled out of the primordial goo yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 10:20 AM

15,525 posts, read 10,491,591 times
Good grief people, we don't know if they are Hispanic or not. Garcia is a big surname in the Philippines. It doesn't really make any difference does it, not sure why we are getting off track. We hardly know any facts, I assume they will come out in a lawsuit. She somehow fell out the door of a party bus at 3 a.m. and died, that's about all we know for sure.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:25 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How is motherly instinct different if one has 1 kid or 5 kids?
I had 2. There was no change in my "motherly instinct". I know those who had 5, even 12. No difference. Actually, my observational experience and even psychological studies I have read, the more children one has the less cautious and hovering they become.
In my own personal experience observational experience it is clear that mothers can be quite motherly and raise healthy, well adjusted kids and also have fun, have some me or we time away from the kids at any hour of the day or night, even days at a time.
Is there any proof that parents who are away from their kids are not taking care of them?
We arent talking about leaving them home alone or being incapacitated while they are in your immediate care. We are talking about taking a few hours out while they are entrusted with the other parent.

When you have one kid, you have much more time left for other things in your life, the time that's left after taking proper care of that child and his/her needs.

The more child grows, the more time you have left for your other activities/endeavors.

But if you have another one on the way ( that needs to be taken care of,) and then another, and another - then your life becomes ALL ABOUT MOTHERHOOD, provided you take proper care of children and ATTEND TO THEIR NEEDS.

So in order to commit yourself to such responsibility, you have to have pretty strong motherly instincts, to want this kind of life.

But then you shouldn't be partying at 3 a.m. on some bus.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:35 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Good grief people, we don't know if they are Hispanic or not. Garcia is a big surname in the Philippines. It doesn't really make any difference does it, not sure why we are getting off track. We hardly now any facts, I assume they will come out in a lawsuit. She somehow fell out the door of a party bus at 3 a.m. and died, that's about all we know for sure.
If you look at photos and video it is pretty obvious they are, or she is, of Hispanic heritage. The husbands FB states he is from Greece although he attended US university and was a veteran of, I assume, the US military.
But no, it makes no difference what race, nationality or heritage she was, nor how many kids she had, or what time of day the accident happened.

The authorities are investigating the accident. Hopefully there will be an update if negligence was found.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:01 AM

50,720 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Supporting five kids would take at least $250,000 annual income nowadays, closer to $400,000 if you live in a place like NYC or Boston. Are you telling me with a straight face these two were making that much and weren’t on the dole?
What on earth are you talking about? My niece and her husband have 4 kids, she's a nurse and he works at Amazon warehouse. They aren't "on the dole" nor do they make even close to $250,000. They own their own home, 2 cars, etc. Where are you getting that if you don't make 250K you must be on the dole?? What a weird thing to say.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:06 AM

50,720 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
When you have one kid, you have much more time left for other things in your life, the time that's left after taking proper care of that child and his/her needs.

The more child grows, the more time you have left for your other activities/endeavors.

But if you have another one on the way ( that needs to be taken care of,) and then another, and another - then your life becomes ALL ABOUT MOTHERHOOD, provided you take proper care of children and ATTEND TO THEIR NEEDS.

So in order to commit yourself to such responsibility, you have to have pretty strong motherly instincts, to want this kind of life.

It wasn't "some bus" it was a bus her friends hired to celebrate her 30th birthday. Much more responsible than going out to celebrate and driving under the influence. A 30th birthday warrants a party. I really am baffled about this bizarre puritan attitude displayed by some here that women, even young women, aren't supposed to be allowed to celebrate big occasions with their friends anymore once they have kids. My other niece has 2 twins, and her friends and she went to Atlantic City for the weekend for her bachelorette party (2nd marriage). So I guess she was irresponsible for having a bachelorette party before her wedding, is that the deal? Is that really what you're saying, that moms shouldn't celebrate anything, and if they do, they shouldn't drink?

Old 02-11-2022, 11:35 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,406,229 times
I'm saying nobody should celebrate with alcohol and dancing on a moving bus on a freeway at three o'clock am.

It's not a moral issue. It's a safety issue.

Talk to anyone familiar with highway fatality statistics and you will be told all of these people were putting themselves in a dangerous situation.

It's simply a matter of facts and common sense.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

So you dont think you can get a sitter and go out and still take proper care of your children?
You can if it is one child, but not two or three or five. How does that work? You are still devoting the majority of your time to your kids parenting. How about going to the grocery or a doctor appointment. do you have more time for that if you have 2 kids opposed to 4?
It does not take more motherly instinct to care for 4 kids than it does 1. More time, more patience, but not instinct.
And lets not forget these kids have a father. What about fatherly instinct. Is it not as much prudent for a father to care for his children than a mother?

Old 02-11-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I'm saying nobody should celebrate with alcohol and dancing on a moving bus on a freeway at three o'clock am.

It's not a moral issue. It's a safety issue.

Talk to anyone familiar with highway fatality statistics and you will be told all of these people were putting themselves in a dangerous situation.

It's simply a matter of facts and common sense.
That may be true but it is shown to also be unsafe to drive during rush hour from 3pm to 6pm, and on September 2, yet plenty people do it.
Its unsafe to smoke tobacco.
Its unsafe to eat fatty foods, salt, etc.
bungie jumping
horseback riding
Heck these days going in a fast rood restaurant or attending a kids birthday party.

Old 02-11-2022, 02:29 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Because she's continuing to be attacked. I could say the same thing, you sure are fighting to crucify this woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Poor dead woman can no longer defend herself. I'm glad you are fighting for her. We'd all like people to stand up for us if we were being attacked online after our death by complete strangers who know nothing.

The judgmental people on this thread remind me of that stereotypical, rumor starting, argumentative, old, lonely busy body relative nobody really likes but has to put up with occasionally at big family get togethers.

I just don't get why they feel the need to crucify this poor woman who did nothing wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events