Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 09:32 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,174,665 times

Advertisements

It's hard to imagine why someone with all this going for them at 29 would kill themselves. She must have had quite a few demons that she just couldnt get over. Or it could have been drug related. Either way very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 10:52 AM

3,454 posts, read 2,781,479 times
Don’t give trolls the satisfaction of ruining your life.

Old 02-01-2022, 10:59 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
This bears repeating.

And looking at it from the outside in is almost never going to make sense. We want easy answers, but when depression is involved, the answers will never be easy. I was at my lowest point several years ago after my right leg amputation, but the amputation was not the worst thing happening to me at the time. If I had been successful in an attempt, I'm sure people would have pointed to that as the main or only reason. They would have been wrong. I could not even out into words what was going on in my mind

I used to date a guy who one time, told me how a few years before I met him, he had so many struggles, and considered suicide because he was just in so much psychic pain...and didn't see a way out. In a short amount of time, a lot of bad things happened to him, and he just wanted relief.

1. His dad died
2. His wife left him. She was having an affair with a married man who was a deacon in the church my friend was the pastor of.
3. His wife divorced him and took the kids
4. He lost his church, and wasn't sure another church would ever consider him, because of his divorced status

It all seemed overwhelming.

Happily, things DID turn around for him...but at the time...that was a LOT of pain.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:28 AM

102,204 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I used to date a guy who one time, told me how a few years before I met him, he had so many struggles, and considered suicide because he was just in so much psychic pain...and didn't see a way out. In a short amount of time, a lot of bad things happened to him, and he just wanted relief.

1. His dad died
2. His wife left him. She was having an affair with a married man who was a deacon in the church my friend was the pastor of.
3. His wife divorced him and took the kids
4. He lost his church, and wasn't sure another church would ever consider him, because of his divorced status

It all seemed overwhelming.

Happily, things DID turn around for him...but at the time...that was a LOT of pain.
Those are some pretty extreme circumstances, for sure.

But the former Miss America appears to be the opposite: national beauty pageant winner, law degree AND an MBA! But she tunes into internet trolls, rather than all the positive messages and high potential in her future? And that creates so much angst for herself, that she can't handle it?

We'll probably never know the whole story, but this sounds like a woman who was desperately in need of some perspective over her life. And over the internet, too.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:10 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
Sad . Utterly sad.
The bizarre value some adults put into social media.
Turn it off. Walk away. What others think of you is not your business. It's their problem.

Been on the suicidal train. It can take you to your final stop. I sincerely DO know of that utter torment. Not selfish. It's a sense of NO self worth. Bankrupt in self worthiness.

My heart goes out to the family and friends. A daughter gone... Wished she would have reached out to receive help.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:47 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Sad . Utterly sad.
The bizarre value some adults put into social media.
Turn it off. Walk away. What others think of you is not your business. It's their problem.

Been on the suicidal train. It can take you to your final stop. I sincerely DO know of that utter torment. Not selfish. It's a sense of NO self worth. Bankrupt in self worthiness.

My heart goes out to the family and friends. A daughter gone... Wished she would have reached out to receive help.
Yes. Had a friend commit suicide many years ago. People throwing around that they were "just selfish".
Sense of no self-worth, excellent description, thank-you.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:20 PM

14,773 posts, read 8,103,690 times
We look at her and wonder why someone so young, could do such a thing....I mean she had it all,
she was beautiful, had a wonderful career, nice place to live, was successful.
But clinical depression is no respecter of persons, and sadly many times this is how it can end.

Just a reminder to try to stop and be kind to everyone...you never know the burdens or hardships they might be carrying inside.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:21 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
This bears repeating.

And looking at it from the outside in is almost never going to make sense. We want easy answers, but when depression is involved, the answers will never be easy. I was at my lowest point several years ago after my right leg amputation, but the amputation was not the worst thing happening to me at the time. If I had been successful in an attempt, I'm sure people would have pointed to that as the main or only reason. They would have been wrong. I could not even out into words what was going on in my mind
So glad you're still here with us!

Old 02-01-2022, 02:30 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,172,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
A permanent solution to some temporary problem.
Suicide is not always a "permanent solution to some temporary problem." I have had several friends with severe, chronic or terminal health problems who chose not to undergo further painful and costly medical treatment that wasn't going to cure their illnesses.

As far as why this young lady jumped, it's pointless to speculate. She had her reasons, and they were good enough for her.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:40 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Those are some pretty extreme circumstances, for sure.

But the former Miss America appears to be the opposite: national beauty pageant winner, law degree AND an MBA! But she tunes into internet trolls, rather than all the positive messages and high potential in her future? And that creates so much angst for herself, that she can't handle it?

We'll probably never know the whole story, but this sounds like a woman who was desperately in need of some perspective over her life. And over the internet, too.
She was Miss USA, not Miss America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events