Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 07:39 PM

979 posts, read 417,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
That’s what the Native Americans said, but you guys kept coming
Meh ... they were already killing each other over land. We came in and cleaned it up. If we didn't do it, someone else would have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2022, 08:20 PM

631 posts, read 288,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
No. Any murder needs to be investigated and go through the court system. Why? Because people could be lying. In this case, it also involves people living here illegally (which is even trickier as far as courts go). If I read it right, it appears there were three attacks with the last one doing him in. Brass knuckles suggest, to me anyway, that they were gang members. As much as I hate child molesters, we can't become some banana republic.
Brass knuckles are common among people who live close to the streets. They do not automatically imply gang membership.

Old 02-07-2022, 01:53 AM

7,646 posts, read 4,596,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I feel sorry for the police/Prosecutors in this case, totally unbelievable they would actually file charges against them! Id like to know how they can sleep at night.

Sure looks like a suicide to me.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:42 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,792,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I thought the brothers killed a child who was molesting the step father when I read the title.
I could have done a better job on title.

The step-brothers did justice on the step-father. Assume what you will. I assume their rage was genuine and only reached such a pitch because it was warranted. (Unless some other evidence of violent tendencies on their part emerges.)

Then the justice they administered contrasts favorably with whatever the system that is supposed to administer justice would have imposed instead.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:50 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
One problem with an attitude like yours, is that in some cultures the brothers would have killed the young, innocent, 9 year old, female victim, their own sister in an "honor killing" because she disrespected the family by "allowing herself" to be sexual assaulted by someone (her step-father).
This is indeed an awful situation.

I have lived in the middle east and Africa for years and can concur this attitude is prevalent in some areas.

There is an excellent movie called " The Stoning of Soraya M" on this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
The UN estimates that 5,000 women and girls are killed per year in "honor killings" or "shame killings". While the majority take place in the Middle East and South Asia, they have also been reported in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and other "First World Nations".
Another good reason for immigration from those areas to be controlled.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:11 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
How do you all feel about the petition (400K+ signatures) to release the brothers without requiring bail? Does anyone want them free in society? Particularly since they're illegal immigrants and unlikely to show up for court? The 2 brothers and their friend who participated are charged with capital murder (2) and aggravated assault (1).
Thats par for the course with our justice system...which goes out of its way to protect evil doers.

kill a child molester and be charged with capitol murder? LOL How nice of the prosecution to stand up for the child molester.

Old 02-07-2022, 06:24 PM
KCZ

4,669 posts, read 3,663,822 times
This is why we don't allow vigilante justice in this country.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/04/india...hnk/index.html

Old 02-07-2022, 06:42 PM

6,793 posts, read 2,904,212 times
Quote:
Thats par for the course with our justice system...which goes out of its way to protect evil doers.
Seems to me like all the parties involved here are evil doers. Murder is considered to be evil.

Quote:
kill a child molester and be charged with capitol murder? LOL How nice of the prosecution to stand up for the child molester.
^ <sigh>

Old 02-07-2022, 07:54 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
If this family was white, the MSM, and legal system will crucify the brothers, and blame on toxic white privilege

Old 02-08-2022, 02:10 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
The Menendez Brothers used that defense. Lets see how that pans out for these young chaps.

Every person who is charged with a crime that is on the legal books of their state deserves a fair trial.

This would have included ( had it been reported and investigated) - The Step father for his alledged act of molestation. Unknown though.

This is Texas though , so since they let Durst chopped up a body and be called "innocent". Anything is possible how this case will conclude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events