Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 04:18 AM

1,702 posts, read 782,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
Meh ... they were already killing each other over land. We came in and cleaned it up. If we didn't do it, someone else would have.
Meh,

Europeans were killing each other too, for millennia! Vikings killing Saxons, Romans killing Ancient Britons, Celts killing whomever they could. Native Americans didn’t have a monopoly on that.

Yes, you cleaned it up. With Small Pox, Yellow Fever, and the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade…. Mmmm so fresh and so clean!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 06:48 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
That’s what the Native Americans said, but you guys kept coming
We were the victors because we had a bigger army, better technology and more advanced weapons.

This is why we must continue to spend the money on improvements to our military and our weaponry. It's also a good reason to support our 2nd amendment.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:22 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Last year, here in my town. A 9 year old girl kept saying her mother's boyfriend was molesting her. She even told a judge and he ignored her and made her go back to her mother. The grandfather killed him. I don't think I could find him guilty.

Old 02-08-2022, 10:30 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
If there is strong evidence that the step father was actually a child molester, I'd support deporting them without added penalties. Freeing them into society, though? I'm not so sure about that.
But it's okay to free them into a foreign society? If you're on the fence about the safety of doing that here, why would you foist them onto unsuspecting people anywhere?

Old 02-08-2022, 10:34 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
This is why we don't allow vigilante justice in this country.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/04/india...hnk/index.html
It's really mind blowing to me the number of Americans who are so willing to toss the Constitution out on a whim.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:48 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Good for them. One more POS taken off the streets and not able to cause harm to other children

Old 02-08-2022, 03:05 PM

979 posts, read 417,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Meh,

Europeans were killing each other too, for millennia! Vikings killing Saxons, Romans killing Ancient Britons, Celts killing whomever they could. Native Americans didn’t have a monopoly on that.

Yes, you cleaned it up. With Small Pox, Yellow Fever, and the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade…. Mmmm so fresh and so clean!
Worked out for me! I don't know why you'd stay here and take advantage of all of our evil hard work and engineering.

Btw, nobody said Europeans weren't killing each other.

Old 02-09-2022, 01:23 AM

1,014 posts, read 479,571 times
Wow. Did they give the kids any jail sentence? They have a right to protect themselves under the law. Civil rights law.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:27 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
The murder victim was ALLEGED to have commited those crimes. Nobody knows here if or what he did. But people know he was murdered. And yet they cheer on the murderers. Vigilante justice is 3rd word. The comments on this case are mind boggling. They will and need to be found guilty of murder.

If somebody wants this country to be a Banana Republic, he or she should leave and move to one of those countries where they still think witches exist and burn women because they were found guilty of being a witch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
Wow. Did they give the kids any jail sentence? They have a right to protect themselves under the law. Civil rights law.

"Protecting themselves" ? You obviously didn't read about the case and yet, you still felt the need to comment without knowing anything.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:37 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
But it's okay to free them into a foreign society? If you're on the fence about the safety of doing that here, why would you foist them onto unsuspecting people anywhere?
While I explicitly wrote that I'm not sure about freeing them into society (and, thus, expressed doubt on calls by others to do so), no I don't have a concern about safety. If anything, we'd be safer with them in the country from where I stand. My point merely touched on what I thought was fair based on their disregard for our immigration laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events