Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 09:22 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,426,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Easy fix-- any stick-like object will do for this game, all cats love the 'what's behind the curtain?' game.

That's cruel. If a cat is known to be aggressive for vet appointments, then a little xanax type of relaxer beforehand is in order.
My first Russian Blue boy had to be administered gas every time he went to the vet for an exam because his screaming, fighting, and hissing would frighten other clients out of the waiting room. However, he was a total baby with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 11:03 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,428,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Cats can be very vicious when they want to be.

https://www.newsweek.com/enraged-cat...s-room-1669048
OMG they make it sound like the cat attacked because she told it she was going to send it to it's room. This is not a child, the cat has no idea what she said only that the cat was already riled up and the owner picked it up. Don't do that. Instead a squirt bottle of water or one of those water shooter guns to disperse the offenders is appropriate. Ever try and break up a dog fight? Why would one think a cat fight is any different.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:15 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
Well, suffering superficial claw marks is a direct translation of the term 'being a cat owner'.

I have had cats all my life and not once have any of them scratched me .
Sophie even allows me to trim her nails ( not that she does not run away
when she sees me get the scissors from the drawer .)

I am not sure I would keep a cat that I was afraid of .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 02-27-2022, 11:32 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Well, suffering superficial claw marks is a direct translation of the term 'being a cat owner'.

I have had cats all my life and not once have any of them scratched me .
Sophie even allows me to trim her nails ( not that she does not run away
when she sees me get the scissors from the drawer .)

I am not sure I would keep a cat that I was afraid of .
Our old family cat was the nicest thing, but if we tried to cut his nails he'd go crazy. Thankfully, he didn't scratch the furniture or us, so we never really had the need to clip his nails.

My old Russian Blue let me cut his nails begrudgingly, but that's only because I started with he was a kitten.

My current DSH is a sweetheart and I have no doubt that he would let me cut his nails, but I don't feel the need to as he goes out of his way not to scratch people and doesn't scratch anything but his scratching post.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:36 AM

17,366 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
OMG they make it sound like the cat attacked because she told it she was going to send it to it's room. This is not a child, the cat has no idea what she said only that the cat was already riled up and the owner picked it up. Don't do that. Instead a squirt bottle of water or one of those water shooter guns to disperse the offenders is appropriate. Ever try and break up a dog fight? Why would one think a cat fight is any different.
I know that my dogs understand words. If they are getting too rambunctious in the house and I say "Do you need to go to your crate?" they will stop and look at me with a big "No!!!" on their faces. The funny thing is, I haven't crated them in years, lol.

I think it's possible that the cat understood what it's owner was saying when she threatened to "Put it in its room". Animals are smarter than people give them credit for.

Old 02-27-2022, 12:11 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Our old family cat was the nicest thing, but if we tried to cut his nails he'd go crazy. Thankfully, he didn't scratch the furniture or us, so we never really had the need to clip his nails.

My old Russian Blue let me cut his nails begrudgingly, but that's only because I started with he was a kitten.

My current DSH is a sweetheart and I have no doubt that he would let me cut his nails, but I don't feel the need to as he goes out of his way not to scratch people and doesn't scratch anything but his scratching post.
Only our vet can trim the cat's nails. We can't. We've tried. We've got the battle scars to prove it. No more. These guys go straight to the vet from now on. She makes it looks so easy.

Old 02-27-2022, 12:21 PM

Check out this fearless vet and technician. Despite the cat's psycho behavior, the vet finishes her exam, shots, weight and inspection of the cat's teeth. This is excellence at work, if ya ask me. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqaZ8QMoqzw

Old 02-27-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Only our vet can trim the cat's nails. We can't. We've tried. We've got the battle scars to prove it. No more. These guys go straight to the vet from now on. She makes it looks so easy.
Even the vet can't trim the nails of the 16.5 year old cat that I recently adopted. Apparently this wasn't something her owner ever did or had done for her and she won't permit it. I tried the technique of flipping her gently upside-down in my lap as I do for my other cats, and she promptly started chewing on my left arm while I got a couple of her rear toenails. I gave up before I could get to the front claws. She may not have many teeth left, but her canines are pretty sharp.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Check out this fearless vet and technician. Despite the cat's psycho behavior, the vet finishes her exam, shots, weight and inspection of the cat's teeth. This is excellence at work, if ya ask me. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqaZ8QMoqzw
During this and the other video, my Russian Blue female came into the room and stood between me and the PC to protect me from the mean cat inside it. I call her my little pitbull kitty.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
During this and the other video, my Russian Blue female came into the room and stood between me and the PC to protect me from the mean cat inside it. I call her my little pitbull kitty.
Awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events