Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 12:40 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Cats can be very vicious when they want to be.

https://www.newsweek.com/enraged-cat...s-room-1669048

Quote:
In a report, obtained by KETV, police said the victim "reportedly told the aggressive cat that she was going to 'put it in its room.'"

It added: "At this point, the cat became enraged and attacked."

Police added the victim had suffered "superficial" claw marks and needed to be taken to Nebraska Medicine for treatment, according to ABC-affiliated KETV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 01:04 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I don't know where to even begin with this one...

Old 02-27-2022, 06:20 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,709,280 times
In a report, obtained by KETV, police said the victim "reportedly told the aggressive cat that she was going to 'put it in its room.'"

Police added the victim had suffered "superficial" claw marks and needed to be taken to Nebraska Medicine for treatment, according to ABC-affiliated KETV.

Well, suffering superficial claw marks is a direct translation of the term 'being a cat owner'.

Old 02-27-2022, 06:44 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
I can't believe Newsweek actually considered this a newsworthy story to print.

Old 02-27-2022, 06:55 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post

Well, suffering superficial claw marks is a direct translation of the term 'being a cat owner'.
I agree with the last line, as the owner of two cats! Just in the course of playing sometimes. The little girl likes a game where she goes under a long tablecloth and we try tap our fingers on the other side and she tries to grab them from her side… I ended up buying cut proof gloves on Amazon for that game lol.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 02-27-2022 at 07:29 AM..

Old 02-27-2022, 07:33 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Thankfully we don't have cats like this one, but if we did, we wouldn't complain to the news media about it. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSM-1j1F1IE

Old 02-27-2022, 07:46 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Thankfully we don't have cats like this one, but if we did, we wouldn't complain to the news media about it. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSM-1j1F1IE
Good lord that was not a happy kitty I didn't watch the video with sound, but was that cat poop on the table toward the end? If so, the cat is like dementia patients I hear my psychologist/psychiatrist friends talk about

Back to the OP, one does run the risk of being attacked when breaking up a fight between two cats (as is what seems to have happened there).

Old 02-27-2022, 08:03 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,709,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I agree with the last line, as the owner of two cats! Just in the course of playing sometimes. The little girl likes a game where she goes under a long tablecloth and we try tap our fingers on the other side and she tries to grab them from her side… I ended up buying cut proof gloves on Amazon for that game lol.
I have two five-month-olds right now, got them at 10 weeks. As they've become more confident and more dexterous, they do less wounding. But it still happens. They're still in that part of their lives where they're constantly honing their fighting and hunting skills. Periodically, I get what I call a 'drive-by' from who I call the 'kitten mafia'. I'll just be walking through the house when one or both feet are suddenly assaulted by one or both of them, who then disappear in a blur just as fast as they appeared. As they get older and progressive become mellower and mellower (except for those occasional times when older kitty suddenly channels her inner kitten for a few minutes), the scratches become less common.

Back in the 1990s I had a job where I didn't get home from work until well after midnight. There was a cat I would sometimes see, and I began opening a can of food for it out by the garage. In time, it would eat as I watched, and then as I stood right next to it. After several weeks, I reached out to give it a rub ion the neck as it ate. The moment it felt my touch, it flipped over and began to maul my arm. I had seven deep puncture wounds to my hand and long bloody scratches on my forearm. I was literally dripping blood when I walked into the house.

That was a lesson to me. It was then I realized how much damage a cat could do when it wasn't holding back to some degree. And the reality is that even when Fluffy gets pissed off and takes a swipe at you, Fluffy is partly holding back. If you're not heading to the ER after an encounter, the cat was holding back.

Old 02-27-2022, 08:30 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post

Very true, my arms were just recovering from play bites from a pup, when a kitten came on board. He’s now five months, but still goes after fingers and hands. When he’s especially bad, I put him in his room for a time out, but he’s never attacked. Breed probably has something to do with it, he’s a Balinese, while the Japanese bobtails are much more polite.

Old 02-27-2022, 08:43 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,613,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Easy fix-- any stick-like object will do for this game, all cats love the 'what's behind the curtain?' game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
That's cruel. If a cat is known to be aggressive for vet appointments, then a little xanax type of relaxer beforehand is in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events