Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 06:35 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,151,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Attorneys for family of teen who died in fall visit site of Orlando thrill ride. Ben Crump, Bob Hilliard and Michael Haggard are the attorneys representing the parents of Tyre Sampson, who slipped from his seat on the drop tower on March 24.
https://youtu.be/yQKZ4cqi9HA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2022, 05:45 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post

Thanks. Very interesting that the mother's attorney is suggesting people have come forward to say Tyre was directed to sit in that seat and that there may be a few seats on the ride that are different from the rest, thinking they've been replaced or adjusted some how to allow for bigger people (my interpretation of his words) to ride.

He also said the manufacturer was on site from the opening until February (no date) training employees themselves on how to operate the ride. It's his thought that the manufacturer "adjusted" these seats some time before they left.

They're expecting more scared people to come forward, also expecting to file their lawsuit some time next week.

Tyre's fathers attorney refused comment except to comment on how tragic his killing was an that the video of Tyre falling was the most shocking he has ever seen. I've personally seen worst, but as a parent myself, yes, it would probably be one of the worst I'd ever seen.

The manufacturer did not comment either.

Tyre's mothers attorney expect to be back at the park regularly.

Old 04-06-2022, 06:35 AM

17,149 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks. Very interesting that the mother's attorney is suggesting people have come forward to say Tyre was directed to sit in that seat and that there may be a few seats on the ride that are different from the rest, thinking they've been replaced or adjusted some how to allow for bigger people (my interpretation of his words) to ride.

He also said the manufacturer was on site from the opening until February (no date) training employees themselves on how to operate the ride. It's his thought that the manufacturer "adjusted" these seats some time before they left.

They're expecting more scared people to come forward, also expecting to file their lawsuit some time next week.

Tyre's fathers attorney refused comment except to comment on how tragic his killing was an that the video of Tyre falling was the most shocking he has ever seen. I've personally seen worst, but as a parent myself, yes, it would probably be one of the worst I'd ever seen.

The manufacturer did not comment either.

Tyre's mothers attorney expect to be back at the park regularly.
I'm confused by this... Why are "more scared people" coming forward expecting to file lawsuits? Lawsuits for what?

Tyre's family has all the right to file lawsuits. I don't see where anyone else should.

Also, that seat doesn't look any different than the others. "People" saying he was directed to sit there isn't going to fly in court. I don't think anyway. There is no way to prove this.

What we DO know so far, is that he far exceeded the weight limit, that the weight limit was NOT posted, and that he was allowed on the ride, when he should not have been.

Old 04-06-2022, 07:01 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
What the heck has George Floyd got to do with any of this? That was the father who made that statement, right? I find that very concerning,,,, but I'm always suspicious of people's motives for suing. He equates the death of his son to the George Floyd thing?

I also don't understand the statement about "scared riders" coming forward.

Also, if the kid had been directed to an "altered seat" meant for larger rides, why would that be worse than not directing him to a supposed "altered seat" for the obese?

Old 04-06-2022, 10:23 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
What the heck has George Floyd got to do with any of this? That was the father who made that statement, right? I find that very concerning,,,, but I'm always suspicious of people's motives for suing. He equates the death of his son to the George Floyd thing?

Also, if the kid had been directed to an "altered seat" meant for larger rides, why would that be worse than not directing him to a supposed "altered seat" for the obese?
Where in this thread or in the media do you see this being equated to George Floyd? Maybe it was in one of the youtube videos posted here? I admit I don't often click on video links.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:23 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I'm confused by this... Why are "more scared people" coming forward expecting to file lawsuits? Lawsuits for what?

Tyre's family has all the right to file lawsuits. I don't see where anyone else should.

Also, that seat doesn't look any different than the others. "People" saying he was directed to sit there isn't going to fly in court. I don't think anyway. There is no way to prove this.

What we DO know so far, is that he far exceeded the weight limit, that the weight limit was NOT posted, and that he was allowed on the ride, when he should not have been.

I guess you didn't watch the video yourself because you would know.

The attorney did say that the weight is not posted anywhere. I'm not sure if he said height too.

No, they're not filing lawsuits, apparently they're coming forward to the mothers attorney to say their own experience on the ride whether it was then or another time. The same thing happened on Facebook when the little girl died on the Colorado drop ride. People were posting their own experience with how no one checked their belts either. It's possible people posted about this ride on Facebook, the attorney reached out to them. I haven't had time to look with this one like I did for the girl.

It sounds like other larger people were also directed on where to sit. I do agree that his seat looks no different. Maybe they did direct him to that seat because the ride has to have a certain amount of people in each section?

Quote:

I don't understand it either. You know I usually agree with you. An altered seat could be a good thing if it was heavier duty but the seat looks no different to me.

I take the scared riders to mean other people that have been afraid to speak up about their own experience with the ride.

I'm sure we will see.

I missed the George Floyd comment. Busy morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Where in this thread or in the media do you see this being equated to George Floyd?

I believe Cloudy is talking about the last you tube video posted

Quote:

Old 04-06-2022, 10:27 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I believe Cloudy is talking about the last you tube video posted
Thanks! I don't watch the videos because I don't keep the sound on my laptop so as to not bother others. I suppose I could turn closed captioning on but I don't know if youtube has this function. Added: I don't like video because I can usually read the text in a quarter of the time it takes to watch a video.

Old 04-06-2022, 02:17 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Where in this thread or in the media do you see this being equated to George Floyd? Maybe it was in one of the youtube videos posted here? I admit I don't often click on video links.
It was in the video. I believe it was the OP's video in his first post, but can't remember.

Old 04-06-2022, 06:52 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,151,248 times
Quote:
It was in the video. I believe it was the OP's video in his first post, but can't remember.
You are right. It was in the video I posted. I don't know wth the other dude was mentioned either. It sounded like the attorney was saying the floyed video was worse than the 14 year old video. Seriously? The dad needs to cut this a hole loose.

Old 04-06-2022, 07:08 PM

17,149 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
You are right. It was in the video I posted. I don't know wth the other dude was mentioned either. It sounded like the attorney was saying the floyed video was worse than the 14 year old video. Seriously? The dad needs to cut this a hole loose.
Yep, I agree. Not the time to link any sort of racial and police controversy with this tragic accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events