Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 08:08 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times

Advertisements

Incredibly classless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 08:11 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Incredibly classless.
Why?

Have you never been to a wake before?

Or is it classless because they're dancing and celebrating his life?

Old 04-05-2022, 08:22 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Why?

I don't think it's classless...not at all. Just not...what I'm used to. lol But everyone is right...displayed in a coffin, or displayed in a night club...what's the difference?

But I do wonder...I realize the funeral home reached out to the night club to see if they could hold the wake there...but did the club close to the public for the event, or did it remain open, and perhaps OTHER people showed up, and saw the dead corpse? That might be a little much, if you're not expecting to see a corpse.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:25 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Whoaaa that picture is scary and disturbing to say the least.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:13 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,284,701 times
I don't have a problem with it. I'm not familiar with this person, but my guess is that he would be happy with his friends/family for this one last party.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Why?

wow yeah dude I've never been to a wake ever in my life, I totally have changed my opinion. you're right, takinga corpse to a club and dressing it up in streetwear, standing it upright, and having people twerk in the vicinity is EXACTLY the same!!!! CELEBRATE LIFE!!!

Old 04-05-2022, 09:30 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times
Quote:
wow yeah dude I've never been to a wake ever in my life, I totally have changed my opinion. you're right, takinga corpse to a club and dressing it up in streetwear, standing it upright, and having people twerk in the vicinity is EXACTLY the same!!!! CELEBRATE LIFE!!!

What I'm hearing you say is; It's not your cup of tea. LOL

Old 04-05-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
What I'm hearing you say is; It's not your cup of tea. LOL
No I'm saying I agree with you. People should never mourn when someone else dies (permanently, forever, final). It's weird that you'd want to grieve. They want you to BE HAPPY!!!! And dance!!! Whatever you do, do NOT acknowledge mortality in any serious way. Life is a party!

Old 04-05-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
This has been going on for thousands of years all over the world. People dancing around a deceased loved one, full-blown cookouts, celebrations, parades, etc.

What's wrong with him being upright?
What's wrong with his outfit? This is how he dressed while alive.
What's wrong with the venue? This is a place he frequented.

You don't have to like it. But there is nothing classless about this. It's a wake, there is a body, and friends and family are in attendance. What difference does it make that they're dancing? lol

Quote:
No I'm saying I agree with you. People should never mourn when someone else dies (permanently, forever, final). It's weird that you'd want to grieve. They want you to BE HAPPY!!!! And dance!!! Whatever you do, do NOT acknowledge mortality in any serious way. Life is a party!
Pretty sure they mourned at the time of his passing, are still mourning, and will mourn some more at his burial/cremation.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:45 AM

Not all funerals have to be the way our society has come to know as PC.

These types of services happen all over the world, and have been going on for longer than our somber standard wakes/services.

I guess this is also "classless" because women are dancing and there is music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V89j04Vyj84
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events