Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2022, 05:22 AM

24,775 posts, read 9,563,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
It's hard to believe the son slept through all this.
It's also hard to believe this was a 2 year long fling, but here we are. 2 years is a long time to have an affair as opposed to some random one night stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 10:40 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,795 posts, read 58,282,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It's also hard to believe this was a 2 year long fling, ....
It can be tough to dump a determined stalker, with big dreams, ambition, persistence, and a tad violent. Got to treat axe murders with tender gloves.

It's all speculation, but one of our key witnesses is now silent.

What went on BEFORE is guesses and not cause for a brutal murder. I don't hold a lot of honesty and truthful revelations expectations from the deranged and incarcerated. (Though we have yet to determine guilt, the accused could be totally innocent, we don't really know at this point.)

People occasionally confess for attention, and often from coercion.

The story is far from complete, and doubt any of us C-D posters are gonna write the final chapter.

Old 04-25-2022, 11:35 AM

2,480 posts, read 2,782,069 times
NY has had and abolished the death penalty many times over the years. It was last abolished back in 2004 and the death row and chamber were shut down for good in 2008. NY hadn't actually had an execution since 1963.

As to the kid sleeping through it all, I was kind of that kid. At 11 I was asleep on the couch in my parents' very small apartment. My mom's cousin was shot around the corner and came to the apartment along with fire, PD, and EMTs. My dad claims I never even rolled over despite a good 10-12 people in a 700 sq ft space making all kinds of racket. It woke up my older sister and every neighbor on the floor.

Old 04-25-2022, 01:07 PM

7,676 posts, read 8,762,743 times
The killer gave a "tell all" to police without a lawyer present. He could recant after obtaining a lawyer?

Also, some twitter users observed that killer's youtube channel included videos about FBI investigatons and about the recent Brooklyn subway shooter. What he said to police "I hear you wanted to talk to me?" (something to the effect) was just what that Broolyn shooter said to police before being arrested. So there is a possibility this was a premeditated murder.

Old 04-25-2022, 01:10 PM

22,109 posts, read 13,123,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
It can be tough to dump a determined stalker, with big dreams, ambition, persistence, and a tad violent. Got to treat axe murders with tender gloves.

It's all speculation, but one of our key witnesses is now silent.

What went on BEFORE is guesses and not cause for a brutal murder. I don't hold a lot of honesty and truthful revelations expectations from the deranged and incarcerated. (Though we have yet to determine guilt, the accused could be totally innocent, we don't really know at this point.)

People occasionally confess for attention, and often from coercion.

The story is far from complete, and doubt any of us C-D posters are gonna write the final chapter.
It's equally as likely that they did have a two-year affair (on and off, as the police stated) as that they didn't, yet some apparently refuse to believe it. Actually, it's more than likely since apparently the police believe it.

My handyman doesn't have a key to my house, but that's just me!

Old 04-25-2022, 02:49 PM

102,268 posts, read 108,310,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
I also made a polite inquiry (which no one has answered) as to whether extra-marital affairs are more accepted over in Europe (I do recall more strongly from like historical facts and stuff that that sort of thing was widely accepted among European monarchy--but then things could surely have changed and it be something less done among the "common" class) (and I was sure glad to see that didn't get a slap from the moderators 'cause when I first saw the moderator comment I'm like there's no reason why we can't discuss these things in a polite way. I don't approve of rude comments and would support those being deleted, but like discussions done in a mature and respectful manner even if they're not "proper" topics I don't think that should be prohibited).

So, she's Hungarian--and there was the "Austro-Hungarian" Empire of long ago and many of my Polish ancestors were regarded as Austro-Hungarian. She definitely has that Eastern European look to her like I do.

It looks like I'm 100% European (wouldn't Italian be considered European too? I don't know much about that stuff though. I mean, I know it's part of Europe). Over half Eastern Europe and Russia. Close to a quarter Germanic and the rest a mix of England/NW, Swedish/Denmark, Baltic, European Jewish and Ireland.
I can't speak about Hungary, but in Russia, no, extramarital affairs are not accepted, though there are individuals who do that, like anywhere. Russia is what you could call "conventional" in that way. Hmm....when I think about it, there is a little more tolerance for men having affairs, but I wouldn't want to generalize.

Old 04-25-2022, 03:08 PM

103 posts, read 57,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
The killer gave a "tell all" to police without a lawyer present. He could recant after obtaining a lawyer?

Also, some twitter users observed that killer's youtube channel included videos about FBI investigatons and about the recent Brooklyn subway shooter. What he said to police "I hear you wanted to talk to me?" (something to the effect) was just what that Broolyn shooter said to police before being arrested. So there is a possibility this was a premeditated murder.
Well the Post is saying here that his YouTube channel also has gazillions of videos about seduction, psychological coercion and manipulations, and sexual technique. Good lord it just gets weirder and weirder. So this is in line with what that other Post article said about how neighborhood women thought he was a nuisance and pest always flirting, giving gifts, asking women out.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/25/murder...eduction-tips/

Last edited by Marilynghost; 04-25-2022 at 03:47 PM..

Old 04-25-2022, 03:13 PM

13,065 posts, read 18,197,042 times
What I find "interesting" is this affair was largely during the pandemic. Where did they go? Didn't hubby have a clue? When the entire world was in lock down his wife goes out? I guess his place, eeeewwwwww.

Old 04-25-2022, 04:08 PM

7,676 posts, read 8,762,743 times
For those curious: Killer's youtube channel linked by some twitter user.

Some were speculating he could get himself deported if he gets a bail. Some possible kins of him including a woman and a man were seen moving stuff from his residence loading them on vehicle. Not sure how that (deportation) could happen?

The victim also has a channel that has video from more than a decade ago and there is footage of her. Looked like a happy family then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
What I find "interesting" is this affair was largely during the pandemic. Where did they go? Didn't hubby have a clue? When the entire world was in lock down his wife goes out? I guess his place, eeeewwwwww.
Also the husband seemed to be working from home during the pandemic according to some of videos of his interviews. He may have been too occupied with work to pay attention to what's happening around him. They could have gone somewhere outdoor (surely they wouldn't want his neighbors to see her with him).

Old 04-25-2022, 05:42 PM

22,109 posts, read 13,123,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Where there's a will, there's a way! Logistical difficulties can make an attraction all the more tantalizing. "Off and on" relationships are often the most addictive (intermittent reward). And then there's the possibility that it was an open relationship between the husband and wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events