Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 06:47 PM

102,440 posts, read 108,851,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynghost View Post
Have we considered that he saw her texts by demanding her phone and/or passcode before she died? The maniac had the knife and looks at her phone then does the horrible deed in a jealous rage. Or maniac does the deed after she breaks it off then spends time looking through her phone. I don’t think she was in any way whatsoever culpable for what happened. God rest her soul in peace.
OK. I guess I took at face value, his confession to police, that he'd seen a text she'd sent to some other guy, and decided to go over to discuss it with her. IOW, seeing the text/s (at some point in the past) triggered him to go see her about it. Maybe we don't know the details for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2022, 06:47 PM

107 posts, read 59,408 times
There is a possibility that HE wrote the note on the fridge.

Old 04-30-2022, 07:34 PM

22,157 posts, read 13,313,302 times
Quote:
There is a possibility that HE wrote the note on the fridge.
There is! We simply don't know until we know, although we can speculate (BOY, can we speculate!).

Since he's confessed, will there even be a trial where evidence is disclosed? Probably not.

Old 04-30-2022, 09:07 PM

102,440 posts, read 108,851,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
There is! We simply don't know until we know, although we can speculate (BOY, can we speculate!).

Since he's confessed, will there even be a trial where evidence is disclosed? Probably not.
Did the police read him his rights before taking the confession? If not, there could well be a trial, if he could get a lawyer somewhere, somehow. He's allowed one phone call.

Old 05-01-2022, 04:16 AM

23,952 posts, read 33,867,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
By that time it might have been too late. There is no mention that he was ever violent towards her before and most people don’t suspect arguing with an ex will mean they will know they will get murdered. Most victims don’t ever imagine someone they have known, or know , will murder them.
“ In 2020 in the United States, five people were murdered by their employer. However, 2,337 people were killed by an acquaintance. In 2020, far more people were killed by people they knew than by strangers. ”

When I said most would call the police, I meant when he was knocking at her door late at night.

Quote:
No, that WOULDN'T "have had to have happened the prior occasion(s)" they broke up. Why? We have no idea how much, if any, "anger he was harboring" before they met -- her letting him into the house and willingly going into the basement with him -- that night. He may not have been angry at all or even aware that she was preparing to dump him (again). Maybe he saw the note and that's what set him off. Until we hear the case presented, we have no idea how things went down. And for those who choose to disbelieve everything he says, I guess they can just make up their own version of events.

As for seeing her texts, maybe she was on her phone while he was there. Someone said she appeared to be waiting for someone at the bar and then left alone; maybe she was texting with Mr. Next.

But I agree it's now all moot.

I brought over an article with an interview with the bar owner or worker who said she always went there alone. I don't know why it's assumed she was waiting for someone in a bar near her house that she regularly went to.

Old 05-01-2022, 04:56 AM

3,057 posts, read 2,955,994 times
Quote:
Oh, please. Sometimes people's bad choices lead to bad outcomes. It's a fact of life.
Exactly. The whole "The victim never in any way has no part whatsoever in his or her murder" is just pure and simple nonsense. Sometimes you make bad choices, like you said. Most of the time people don't get killed over it; sometimes they do. The victim shouldn't have been in that position in the first place, if they had used better discretion. Not that the murderer has any less level of culpability; no matter what, the victim should not have been killed. But that in no way removes the fact that the victim made a bad choice and probably would not have been killed if they would have had a good head about the situation.

Example: When I first physically met my husband we met at my house (I lived lone) at midnight. If he instead had been a psychopath who was looking for someone to kill instead of someone who ended up being my spouse--it would really have been partly my fault for being killed for putting myself in that situation. It was a pretty stupid decision to do something like that (which I certainly will never do again! Very bad decision on my part!). But that's a good example.

Personally, I don't think her situation was that bad. I mean, she knew the guy. I think she should not have been having an affair in the first place and sometimes those things go sour. But, I don't think she is as culpable as like I would have been in my situation. But I get what that person was saying that he or she thinks she's partially culpable (like I said I don't think she was in this particular situation).

Quote:
Have we considered that he saw her texts by demanding her phone and/or passcode before she died? The maniac had the knife and looks at her phone then does the horrible deed in a jealous rage. Or maniac does the deed after she breaks it off then spends time looking through her phone. I don’t think she was in any way whatsoever culpable for what happened. God rest her soul in peace.
In this situation I don't think she really was either; the situation directly in itself to me would not lend me to think she made any bad decisions in those few actions. The only thing I think she did wrong was have an affair; if she wasn't messing around then this wouldn't have happened. I personally believe in God's word as revealed in the Bible (though I'm aware many don't) and sin has a way of finding you out. She shouldn't have been cheating on her husband. That's the mistake she made in all of this, and it caught up to her in the end (of course, most of the time doing this kind of thing does not end in murder, but I still think it is wrong and that she should not have done this).

Last edited by Basiliximab; 05-01-2022 at 05:10 AM..

Old 05-01-2022, 07:04 AM

2,916 posts, read 2,081,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Exactly. The whole "The victim never in any way has no part whatsoever in his or her murder" is just pure and simple nonsense. Sometimes you make bad choices, like you said. Most of the time people don't get killed over it; sometimes they do. The victim shouldn't have been in that position in the first place, if they had used better discretion. Not that the murderer has any less level of culpability; no matter what, the victim should not have been killed. But that in no way removes the fact that the victim made a bad choice and probably would not have been killed if they would have had a good head about the situation.

Example: When I first physically met my husband we met at my house (I lived lone) at midnight. If he instead had been a psychopath who was looking for someone to kill instead of someone who ended up being my spouse--it would really have been partly my fault for being killed for putting myself in that situation. It was a pretty stupid decision to do something like that (which I certainly will never do again! Very bad decision on my part!). But that's a good example.

Personally, I don't think her situation was that bad. I mean, she knew the guy. I think she should not have been having an affair in the first place and sometimes those things go sour. But, I don't think she is as culpable as like I would have been in my situation. But I get what that person was saying that he or she thinks she's partially culpable (like I said I don't think she was in this particular situation).

In this situation I don't think she really was either; the situation directly in itself to me would not lend me to think she made any bad decisions in those few actions. The only thing I think she did wrong was have an affair; if she wasn't messing around then this wouldn't have happened. I personally believe in God's word as revealed in the Bible (though I'm aware many don't) and sin has a way of finding you out. She shouldn't have been cheating on her husband. That's the mistake she made in all of this, and it caught up to her in the end (of course, most of the time doing this kind of thing does not end in murder, but I still think it is wrong and that she should not have done this).
Victim blame much? Smh..... So what if she was having an affair because her husband was abusive mentally and physically and she just wanted someone who was "nice" to her? Would you then blame her husband for her getting murdered by her side dude?

Old 05-01-2022, 07:23 AM

22,157 posts, read 13,313,302 times
We've been having a rash of car "break-ins," which I call "walk-ins." Invariably, the owner hasn't locked the car and usually HAS left valuables right in plain sight. Occasionally keys are left in the car or it's even left running while the owner runs an errand. They shouldn't have left their cars unlocked and/or running or left phones, laptops, and/or guns in them. But there I go -- blaming the victim again!

Old 05-01-2022, 08:58 AM

6,336 posts, read 4,259,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
When I said most would call the police, I meant when he was knocking at her door late at night.
Why would she call the police just because he showed up? There was no history of any kind of violence during their off and on intimate relationship or concern he might do any kind of physical harm.

Old 05-01-2022, 12:01 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,898 posts, read 58,591,529 times
Quote:
If indeed she was trying to break up with him (again), I can imagine her showing him the texts to prove that she was moving on. It's one plausible theory. I'm sure others will have others.
This is plausible if she was trying to get him to understand. If so, maybe the fatal flaw in her strategy. (She didn't know he would go nutzo). She had probably only seen the 'nice-side' of his personality, and must not have felt a physical threat by allowing him to enter her home at midnight 30.

We know he was passionately, and publicly infatuated with her. Not having her as his own was impossible to accept. Not so uncommon, but very prone to volatile responses. (Such as seeing a txt / proof that someone else was barging in on his catch.)

Some very good lessons here to keep in mind and teach your kids, and warn your friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events