Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2022, 02:26 AM

24,730 posts, read 9,533,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
Please people and news media, stop saying she was having an affair. There is no evidence of that and it is harmful to her children and husband. Let the trial determine motive.
There's plenty of evidence and motive, and it's reported by the COPS.

He already admitted guilt and answered every question the cops asked, without a lawyer. There will only be a trial if he pleads not guilty. Surveillance, text messages, forensics, emails, etc. will easily corroborate his story.
Quote:
We believe the relationship that Mr. Bonola had with our victim was a intimate-type relationship and this stemmed to be a domestic-type dispute that they were having over their intimate relationship,' said NYPD Lt. Tommy Thompson from the Queens North Homicide squad.

'They had been off and on and they had broken up prior but had reunited early in the month of April and their relationship was considered at an end,' NYPD Detective Julie Morrill added.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ationship.html

Yes its alarming to know a married wife with kids was having fun with her handyman for a 2 year long affair, but cops have no reason to lie about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 05:16 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,936,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
What? Post #3 in this thread Roselvr had money on the husband lol

I just have to say--before I posted about my "hunch" several posts prior (a few days ago, #29), I was reading the article (one of the articles before Marilynghost's post that I quoted) where it was saying she was reported missing a couple years ago and then how right before she was killed it looked like she was waiting at a bar for someone. Up to this point there was nothing specific about any kind of person with whom she may be having an affair. At that point it struck me--I think she was having an affair and her lover killed her. A little bit after that somewhere it was mentioned the handyman angle (I think it was Marilynghost's post and I said to myself, "That's just what I was thinking"). If it does turn up that he is convicted, I'm feeling pretty good about my intuition here (of course, definitely could just be a lucky guess)--maybe all those true crime podcasts I'm listening to are "paying off" (not sure exactly how...??).

We'll have to see if it was an affair or if this guy, as the cell phone texts imply, was in jail and she helped to put him there. Just the two things that led to me thinking that a boyfriend killed her makes it appear that she was having an affair. Of course, it's not definite at all at this point (but a lot of people have them, unfortunately). Oh, right after I wrote that, I looked at the article where it says he confessed and that they were having an affair for about 2 years (so my intuition that when she was reported missing and then showed up was right about that being her with her lover).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Roselvr and others were correct as usual. It was her boyfriend that did it.
Yay, I won one of the armchair detective awards on this one! (I usually don't).

It just never fails to amaze me that someone could be so insensitive to the humanity of another to murder them so viciously. It was an on and off affair. It sounds like she was seeing other men as well (and it appears it was a confrontation over this which led to the murder). It is just very sad, so tragic that such violence for something that was wrong in itself could be enacted upon another (So she was seeing other people? She was cheating on her husband with him--what right does he have to exclusivity with her?? If anyone could be seen to have a more understandable reason for such rage it is the husband. Not of course that such a thing would be condoned by any means. But at least you can understand the rage for betrayal of vows, trust).

Last edited by Basiliximab; 04-22-2022 at 05:32 AM..

Old 04-22-2022, 05:50 AM

103 posts, read 57,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
She was cheating on her husband with him--what right does he have to exclusivity with her?? If anyone could be seen to have a more understandable reason for such rage it is the husband. Not of course that such a thing would be condoned by any means. But at least you can understand the rage for betrayal of vows, trust).
Well this Post article describes this man as an overly assertive pest, nuisance in his neighborhood in his behaviors towards other females. They describe him as the neighborhood weirdo sending creepy gifts and messages to women and asking too many personal questions. Everyone describes the victim as being very nice, sweet, but I have to wonder how did she not see or perceive what others sensed about this disturbed and strange man.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/21/who-is...-david-bonola/

Old 04-22-2022, 06:35 AM

924 posts, read 1,681,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynghost View Post
Well this Post article describes this man as an overly assertive pest, nuisance in his neighborhood in his behaviors towards other females. They describe him as the neighborhood weirdo sending creepy gifts and messages to women and asking too many personal questions. Everyone describes the victim as being very nice, sweet, but I have to wonder how did she not see or perceive what others sensed about this disturbed and strange man.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/21/who-is...-david-bonola/
Sounds like just the kind of weirdo that could build up an affair in his mind based just on a woman being polite or nice to him.

Old 04-22-2022, 07:48 AM

22,390 posts, read 29,516,848 times
Are we for sure the affair is legit??

Old 04-22-2022, 08:02 AM

22,062 posts, read 13,079,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Are we for sure the affair is legit??
Why wouldn't it be? She was talking to other guys, too, and he was obviously smitten with her. There's a pic of them together out there, and a shopkeeper who claims he bought her a rose regularly. What would you require as proof; videotape of them being intimate? If he was well-known to be a "weirdo" and stalker, you'd think she'd have kept her door locked. Even if, as the handyman, he had a master key, it's possible to lock your house from the inside only, and -- if he was creeping her out and she was home alone with her kid -- she would have. It sounds like it's quite possible that she had arranged an assignation with (yet) another man that night, was waiting for him, and that's what set him off.

Last edited by otterhere; 04-22-2022 at 08:11 AM..

Old 04-22-2022, 08:03 AM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
Sounds like just the kind of weirdo that could build up an affair in his mind based just on a woman being polite or nice to him.
It seems like possibly a case of the confluence of two somewhat unusual personalities. I'm not sure how to reconcile "nice, sweet" with sneaking around behind husband's (and family's) back with other guys.

These references kept coming up in this story, to the fact or possibility, that she was seeing other guys, not just one. So, we have on the one hand, an apparently attention-seeking woman crossing paths with a boundary-pushing guy chronically on the prowl. Her need for attention overrode any red-flag radar she may (or may not) have had. Or maybe she was a bit of a pushover, a non-assertive type, who didn't have good boundary skills in dealing with men.

I have trouble factoring in the sneaking around and lying part of the personality with the "nice, sweet" description. Especially if having affairs was a regular thing with her, which I guess we don't know for sure, but a text to another man was the cause of the confrontation according to the perp. How would he have seen a text she sent to someone else, though? Unless she misdirected it to him. In any case, there appears to have been more to her personality than "nice, sweet".

Old 04-22-2022, 08:08 AM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Why wouldn't it be? She was talking to other guys, too, and he was obviously smitten with her. There's a pic of them together out there, and a shopkeeper who claims he bought her a rose regularly. What would you require as proof; videotape of them being intimate?
Wow. No shopkeeper ever bought my mom a rose even once, let alone regularly, lol. It sounds like she knew how to pour on the "sweet", and made a regular practice of it.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:12 AM

22,062 posts, read 13,079,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow. No shopkeeper ever bought my mom a rose even once, let alone regularly, lol. It sounds like she knew how to pour on the "sweet", and made a regular practice of it.
Haha. "He" is the perp, obviously.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:27 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,769 posts, read 58,219,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
A plausible theory.
Disrupted by the object of his infatuation.

Results in his fury and rage.

There are a lot of these nuts out there. Be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events