Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2022, 03:11 PM

50,704 posts, read 36,411,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
You are very naïve if you don’t think things don’t get leaked…..And your post makes no sense anyway. I never said anything about it being 911 call. In fact, if you actually read my post, you would see that I said “I can’t comment for certain that it is…”

I was saying “if” this is true (meaning the contents of the 911 call that a poster on another site mentioned), it would make more sense to me than someone calling 911 to say the roommate was “unconscious.” It would also help explain the reports of multiple people who were not residents being at the house and being on the 911 call.

Again, I am saying that I could buy this as a plausible version of the 911 call, more so than how it’s vaguely being currently reported. I cannot say for certain that this this is an accurate description of the 911 call though.

I'm not saying things don't get leaked. I am saying that if this was the real call and it was leaked, every other news outlet would be playing it or at least talking about it when they discuss the case. It would be a bombshell if it was real, it would be getting played 24 hours a day on every outlet. Given that it's still only on Youtube or some crime site and not being replayed or discussed on mainstream media to me makes it almost certain to me that it's fake.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 12-04-2022 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 03:12 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Oh, well that's just what Kaylee's father was suggesting. It sounded like a good idea. What's wrong with it?
The killer isn't going to come forward with his DNA (unless he's absolutely certain that he didn't leave any).

It's possible, maybe even likely, that the killer left no DNA.

It was a busy home with six very social students with lots of friends coming and going. It's my understanding that part of the challenge, if the killer left any DNA (and it's not that hard not to), will be that there's already so much DNA of different people in that environment that adding the whole town to the mix will just confuse things even further and use up even more valuable resources.

Old 12-04-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Actually, I think they saw Ethan on the 2nd floor on his stomach most likely so it looked like he was passed out.

Maybe didn't approach because it was Ethan and not Xana. Of course, they have no idea where Xana is so maybe they felt weird checking him out.

They just assumed he was passed out.

I worry about them calling their friends though and they contaminated the scene.

This case really bothers me - brings back memories of Ted Bundy (FSU) and Danny Rolling (UF).

It may be that they didn't see Ethan or anyone. Last night they said each individual room had a keycode lock on it. It is possible that they were simply calling into his room and not getting a response and found the door locked.

If that 911 call was real, media, the families, the police would all be discussing it.

Old 12-04-2022, 03:18 PM

I also learned from family interviews last night that what the families want from the police, is the reason they cleared some of the people so quickly. They (Kaylee's family) sounded like they had suspicions of some people who were cleared,(although they maintain that ex-bf should have been cleared) and they want the police to tell them how they determined each should be cleared (not tell the public, just the families). They are concerned they used criteria such as location of cell phone, when it's very possible for a person and there phone to be in different locations. They are afraid mistakes are being made and want better communication from them on where they are with the case and why so many were cleared so quickly.

The former FBI agent who was on the show said she too thought they cleared people quite quickly.

Old 12-04-2022, 03:19 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
It's okay. I guess I'm just missing something, but it's what I understood Kaylee's father suggested and it seemed like a good idea. Can you tell me what the problem would be with it? Maybe the desperation to think of something to get some leads is just clouding my thoughts. I'm just thinking, okay, if they have DNA, that sounds like a great idea to get a lot of samples of people in the area; like the more DNA profiles there are, there's a greater chance of there being a match to a relative. But then, I'm sure his desperation is clouding his thoughts too, since it seems it's obviously a bad idea. I just can't see why so I was hoping to have my cloudy sight corrected! : )

And thanks for being polite -- I'm sure when you explain I'll be like, oh-- yeah, that's pretty obvious!!
IMO:
A. Logistics 1. You are talking about 35k ppl. Someone would have to coordinate a MASSIVE DNA collection effort.
B. Logistics 2. A lot of the college students have remained out of town since Thanksgiving break.
C. Logistics 3. Someone would have to track down/follow results from 35k tests looking for connections.
D. Local attitudes toward privacy and govt over reach. You say it would be voluntary. Then, in the next breath, say anyone not participating would be very suspicious. That sort of peer pressure program could be deeply problematic. I am NOT a crackpot/conspiracy theorist/tin foil hat kinda guy. Still, I am not freely giving out a DNA sample for the govt to put on file. ID is a deeeeeeply conservative state. I suspect MANY would protest such an effort to catalog all or most of the town. I also suspect various legal folks would also lodge court challenges over any such effort to sample an entire town.
E. The cost of such a program (dollars, politically, legally and morally) would be huge.

Old 12-04-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Most of the kids were underage? I thought most of them were in their senior year. If so, they'd be 21. Or about to turn 21.

Kaylee and Maddie were 21, Xana was 20, I think Ethan 26.

Old 12-04-2022, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Sorry to say but the parents of the victims should step back away from the reporters and go grieve in private.
Nothing good would come out of them trying to get more information from the LEO and the FBI, leaking tidbits of the information - it is plain stupid.

Why would you let the killer know what the investigation knows?

Think their efforts are doing just the opposite - keep a killer in the shadows.
By stepping away and let everything to quiet down - will make the killer more relaxed, he could make a mistake - and be uncovered.

If I be LEO/FBI - I would totally put “the informing the parents” on a back burner - they are dangerous to a investigation.

The parents are just citizens like the rest of us - they don’t have a prerogative to the investigative information despite their sorrow and grief.

They don't want information shared to the public, just with them. Specifically, they want to know the criteria that was used to clear some of the people so quickly.

Old 12-04-2022, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The bodies were released to the families. It's possible that the Goncalves paid for a private autopsy for Kaylee and, perhaps, Maddie as well with the permission of Maddie's family. I only say that because Kaylee's dad mentioned paying for something. And I know that her family is completely devastated, upset with the lack of information and wanting answers.

So they might have gotten more detailed information that way about the cause/manner of death. I do think that both girls died from stab wounds but maybe they were stabbed in different areas of their bodies. That may have had something to do with the killer murdering two victims at the same time, in the same bed. His reach to each victim may have been different so where he was stabbing them could have been different.

I do think that it would be a good idea at this point for the families to step back and let the police investigate.
There is really no need or benefit in informing the public of the details of the murder scene and how the discovery of the bodies played out.

This killer needs to be caught. The community and surrounding communities are not safe with this killer out walking the streets.

They have both sets of ashes at Kaylee's parents' now, because they don't want to separate them from each other.

Old 12-04-2022, 03:26 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Kaylee and Maddie were 21, Xana was 20, I think Ethan 26.
Ethan was 20.

Jack D. is 26.

Old 12-04-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
They've made it clear that none of the 4 were sexually assaulted, and I think stabbing in the groin or removing genitals would certainly fall under that umbrella.

I'd like to hear him say more of what he means.

An expert I saw interviewed said perhaps the reason for no screams, is the possibility the first stab to all of them was to the throat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events