Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2022, 05:26 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Oh, please... as if any place of any size is somehow immune to having murderers among its populace.
The point is, that the cops and the Chief had a handle on that town. Everyone there knew everyone. God bless them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2022, 05:26 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Does anyone have a link to the Moscow ID police press conference that was held today? TIA!
Here's Moscow PD's YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mSz035WHd8

Old 12-30-2022, 05:27 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowsgarden1 View Post
Haven't posted before so don't know if this is where it's supposed to be. ...
Interesting to me that no one has mentioned the "involuntary celibate" (incel) misogynistic "phenomena," for lack of a better term, that seems very relevant in this case. If he has had emotional problems, discussions of feelings of alienation, entitled attitudes (that woman owes me, etc.), and rejection by women and/or by one or more of victims (even unknown to her how she may have offended him), it seems likely that these traits would be known by someone who knew him, and explains the rage and intensity and up close and personal characteristics in the attack.

... Probably had an outlying familiarity with one or more of the female victims or targeted one, maybe had interactions that didn't go the way he thought. Probably had familiarity w/house, victims behavior and schedules. Also probably not weird that a college student returns home to PA during Christmas break.
I had posted a previous article with a link on this thread about Feminine Rage / incel from an FBI criminologist (IIRC). It's a possibility.

Driving home in the winter from WA to PA as a 28yo Phd student who recently arrived... seems a bit off to me. But... I permanently left home at age 16 with no intention or desire to ever return (for even a visit), so I'm probably not well versed on warm / cuddly families you can't wait to go home to as an adult male.

Old 12-30-2022, 05:30 PM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
What a sick person this guy must be. But one thing that stuck out at me right away, is this guy doesn’t look like much physically. I still find it hard to believe that he went into an apartment and butchered four people by himself. Without at least one of them hold him off long enough for someone else to get away. Remember he Didn’t just stab these people, he gashed them wide-open. He looks like he weighs maybe 140? Just don’t see it.
Rage adds a lot of strength. When someone is nuts, loses all emotional control, they have amazing strength.

Old 12-30-2022, 05:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The point is, that the cops and the Chief had a handle on that town. Everyone there knew everyone. God bless them.
I don't think everyone can possibly know everyone with the revolving population of students of both towns. Anyway, Pullman is literally right next door to Moscow. It only makes sense that LE looked there as well.

Old 12-30-2022, 05:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Rage adds a lot of strength. When someone is nuts, loses all emotional control, they have amazing strength.
Additionally, when people have had a lot to drink and then go to bed, it's hard to rouse them.

Old 12-30-2022, 05:40 PM

3,499 posts, read 1,744,714 times
It was good to see a great police force talking about catching a culprit instead of liberal city's LE defending a culprit and letting him back out on the streets with no bail required. Idaho LE, you give me faith in America again, too bad it had to be under these terrible circumstances.

Old 12-30-2022, 05:41 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't think everyone can possibly know everyone with the revolving population of students of both towns. Anyway, Pullman is literally right next door to Moscow. It only makes sense that LE looked there as well.
I think they are dealing with a distance killer. Someone who has been escalating to this.

Old 12-30-2022, 05:44 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
It's very flawed thinking, to think that no one in Moscow could have done this.

In a college town, in fact, everyone does NOT know everyone.

This guy was a college student, just in a nearby town.

Old 12-30-2022, 05:51 PM

89 posts, read 53,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I had posted a previous article with a link on this thread about Feminine Rage / incel from an FBI criminologist (IIRC). It's a possibility.

Driving home in the winter from WA to PA as a 28yo Phd student who recently arrived... seems a bit off to me. But... I permanently left home at age 16 with no intention or desire to ever return (for even a visit), so I'm probably not well versed on warm / cuddly families you can't wait to go home to as an adult male.
Yes I meant neighbors, community members, relatives, whatever, might not think it's odd for a student, even a Ph.D. student, to return home during Christmas / Winter break. Not that the character wanted to get home to a cuddly family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events