Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2022, 11:09 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The police officer went into the house. I doubt that the medics ever went inside. It must have been obvious to the cops that there was no need for the medics.

The callers managed to convey to the 911 operator that something was very wrong and that is why a cop was dispatched to the scene in the first place. Usually when a medical emergency happens the paramedics along with a fire truck or two arrive at the scene, not the police.
That's not how that works. If the police arrive for an "unconscious individual" who the callers believe may have fallen asleep and not awakened, cops arrive on the scene as well as paramedics.

And when they see bloody bodies in several locations, police don't then dismiss the paramedics who arrived on scene.

Heck, a bunch of college students standing over one of the bodies couldn't tell it was dead. For cops to make an assessment that all 4 stabbing victims were indeed dead, would take a minute.

And then, they'll need someone to load up the bodies once the ME has declared them deceased.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/idaho-c...oommate-phone/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 11:22 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's not how that works. If the police arrive for an "unconscious individual" who the callers believe may have fallen asleep and not awakened, cops arrive on the scene as well as paramedics.

And when they see bloody bodies in several locations, police don't then dismiss the paramedics who arrived on scene.

Heck, a bunch of college students standing over one of the bodies couldn't tell it was dead. For cops to make an assessment that all 4 stabbing victims were indeed dead, would take a minute.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/idaho-c...oommate-phone/
When there are obvious signs of death in a victim, the cops actually can declare the victim deceased (ex: rigor mortis, lividity, decapitation, cloudy eyes). Cops are trained in those signs. And, yes, I highly doubt that a cop seeing four dead bodies inside of a house would then waive in the paramedics to...do what exactly? Contaminate the crime scene? It would be like the paramedics putting on the flashing lights and sirens and rushing a deceased person to the hospital - that doesn't happen because there is no point in getting a dead body to the hospital ASAP.

The cops, no doubt, immediately secured the crime scene and called for backup law enforcement.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

Quote:
When there are obvious signs of death in a victim, the cops actually can declare the victim deceased (ex: rigor mortis, lividity, decapitation, cloudy eyes). Cops are trained in those signs. And, yes, I highly doubt that a cop seeing four dead bodies inside of a house would then waive in the paramedics to...do what exactly? Contaminate the crime scene? It would be like the paramedics putting on the flashing lights and sirens and rushing a deceased person to the hospital - that doesn't happen because there is no point in getting a dead body to the hospital ASAP.

The cops, no doubt, immediately secured the crime scene and called for backup law enforcement.
Since this conversation doesn't further the discussion of what happened to these students, I'll drop it.

You have absolutely no way whatsoever, to know that EMTs were dismissed before entering the home of this grisly scene. No way whatsoever.

At first, the 4+ college students couldn't tell the person wasn't sleeping.

Not that it matters.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Since this conversation doesn't further the discussion of what happened to these students, I'll drop it.

You have absolutely no way whatsoever, to know that EMTs were dismissed before entering the home of this grisly scene. No way whatsoever.

At first, the 4+ college students couldn't tell the person wasn't sleeping.

Not that it matters.
They've said that a cop went in first to clear the scene.

We haven't heard the 911 call. We don't know what was said.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:44 AM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's three stabbings of people asleep in their beds (one stabbing was of a couple - wife survived though she was stabbed 19 times, so actually three stabbings and two murders,) over the course of 14 months, on the night of the 13th around 3 am, of various months. They are all unsolved. They all happened in the Pacific Northwest. 2020, 2021, and 2022.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-mur...laying-mystery
I don't know for sure of course, but it sounds like a serial killer to me. And no, 200 miles is nothing when we're talking about a serial killer. In this day of cameras and suspicion, drifting would be a tactic for not being caught. Wouldn't be surprised, if he isn't caught, to hear about another one next year and could be in a different area than the PNW.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:48 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
Two hundred miles over the Texas plains is a different kind of 200 miles than over the Oregon mountains, canyons, and really crappy roads you'd have to navigate from Salem to Moscow.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
They've said that a cop went in first to clear the scene.

We haven't heard the 911 call. We don't know what was said.
I believe the police when he said the call came in as an unresponsive person, who was "passed out" and couldn't be awakened.

I also know that the two surviving girls called other friends to come over and look at the person before calling 911, which they would NOT have done had they encountered someone they knew to be brutally stabbed to death.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:55 AM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
But the good thing about ring cameras is they pick up a lot of activity on the street. I’ve seen a lot of robberies get solved because someone on the same street picked up video from their ring cameras. In this case it could have picked up someone driving up or walking around at 3:00 a.m. near the house. It may not tell anything useful but at least it could show if it’s one or more people, or possibly the height and weight range of the killer(s).
Yeah, they have a large range of view and cover a good deal of the street too. If everyone had them in their front and back yard, it would be difficult for a criminal to get to the side of a house without being detected on one of them; of course, if they weren't about $100 each (if you could buy like 4 for $100), I'd say get one on every side of the house (it doesn't have to be used by a door).

Old 11-27-2022, 12:13 PM

This is getting more concerning.

Kaylee's father said he hasn't heard from LE since Wednesday evening. He states he was the one who came up with the timeline now being used, and it was him who broke into the phones and learned of the last activity on them, rather than go through the warrant process that's time consuming.

He says he's told police he's found out some other things, and police asked that he not share them with him.

You have some LE's who reach out to the public for help and are so grateful for the hands and feet that can help further the investigation, and you have other LE departments who outright refuse help because they want to say they did it all themselves through "good police work".

I'm sensing there's going to be a breaking point soon, where the families will begin to come forward and give information publicly.

I'm sure curious what he has "found out" that police aren't interested in hearing.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/27/father...sgiving-break/

Old 11-27-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I believe the police when he said the call came in as an unresponsive person, who was "passed out" and couldn't be awakened.

I also know that the two surviving girls called other friends to come over and look at the person before calling 911, which they would NOT have done had they encountered someone they knew to be brutally stabbed to death.
I'm curious to know how this all played out, too. But I think it's pretty obvious that the killer could not have engaged in a bloody massacre of 4 people like this without there being blood everywhere - tracked through both the second and third floors and even potentially downstairs depending on how the killer exited the house. Maybe it first appeared to be some kind of drunken accident? Hard to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events