Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2022, 08:12 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And update. No new news, but a good wrap-up of what they know, and what's being done to try to solve this:

https://idahonews.com/news/local/mos...of-ui-students

Since ALL of the people were out of the house for the evening until 1 a.m., it seems very possible that the murderer was in the house when they returned, hiding somewhere.
That seems like the most likely scenario to me. Maybe for the investigators too. Since they are only asking for surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. They don't seem to be interested in anything before that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 08:50 AM

221 posts, read 424,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And update. No new news, but a good wrap-up of what they know, and what's being done to try to solve this:

https://idahonews.com/news/local/mos...of-ui-students

Since ALL of the people were out of the house for the evening until 1 a.m., it seems very possible that the murderer was in the house when they returned, hiding somewhere.

But then why did the killer or killers leave the 2 students on the 1st floor unharmed. If he was in the house lying in wait. One would think he would have noticed all 6 people arrive home. Since every single person in the house was gone until 1or 2am.

Old 11-28-2022, 08:52 AM

124 posts, read 98,805 times
never read so much poppycock, theories, arm-chair LE/"investigation", conclusions, hyperbole

in a very long time chit, but entertaining indeed I guess..
Take-down
Payback
bad actors
jealousy
sex, drugs
goody two shoes...nay

Old 11-28-2022, 08:53 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
But then why did the killer or killers leave the 2 students on the 1st floor unharmed. If he was in the house lying in wait. One would think he would have noticed all 6 people arrive home. Since every single person in the house was gone until 1or 2am.
It may be that the killer was injured by the one who wasn't in the bed anymore.

Otherwise, I don't know.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:10 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,492,563 times
I think that if the killer had been in the home lying in wait for their return, the two surviving roommates would have been attacked when they arrived home at 1am. But that didn't happen.

I think the sliding door was simply left unlocked and the killer entered the house at some point after 3am, went up to the 3rd floor, killed the two sleeping girls and then went down to the 2nd floor where Ethan and Xana were sleeping. They put up more of a struggle than the killer had bargained for. Maybe the dog was barking, too. The resulting noise caused the killer to flee the scene.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:35 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Good point.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:41 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeCrossing View Post
never read so much poppycock, theories, arm-chair LE/"investigation", conclusions, hyperbole
Remember this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeCrossing;
It's OPINION

Express YOURSELF and ignore *stuff* that obviously irks you...focus on your own opinion

Is that fair enough? good grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeCrossing;
in a very long time chit, but entertaining indeed I guess..
Take-down
Payback
bad actors
jealousy
sex, drugs
goody two shoes...nay
You keep posting this, time and again. Sometimes twice in one day. We're all just waiting for LE to solve the case; that's all we can do.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:40 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
I also think why the victims were stabbed and killed one at a time . There were six bedrooms and most likely had six twin beds and Ethan Xana did not sleep together.
I doubt they had twin beds. No one looking to rent their house would put in twin beds. I do think Ethan and Xana would have slept in the same bed.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
That seems like the most likely scenario to me. Maybe for the investigators too. Since they are only asking for surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. They don't seem to be interested in anything before that.
But they should be more interested in the earlier hours in that case, because that would be when he entered the house.

Old 11-28-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
That's a good point. He would have had time to familiarize himself/herself with the layout. It seems on the face of it that the person didn't know there were 2 more bedrooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events