Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2022, 02:10 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,195,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I've heard/seen the theory that the girls went upstairs to the kitchen and saw Ethan's body in the hallway. Horrified and hysterical, they ran downstairs and out the door where they ran into friends. The one roommate had called 911 and had her phone in her hand but was so rattled as to be incoherent.... something about Ethan being hurt. The friend took the phone and tried to explain to the operator what the roommates were saying, thus the confusion and the vague description. The person talking to 911 had not seen what the girls had seen and the girls were too upset to articulate what they had seen, they were in shock.

That is one of many theories floating around out there. It makes sense that it could have happened that way given that it was noon and neighbors would have noticed and gone to the aid of two distraught girls outside.
Thank you - sounds very plausible and explains the strange 911 call language …

Very upsetting that the powers that be know everything about us including facial, geo and household and thought process data and can extrapolate our daily comings and goings in excruciating details

They are even able to share it all with foreign governments with impunity but can’t summon the web activities of the local area in this unsettling, upsetting and unimaginable crime?

I just think it is some weirdo hooked up on gore with the violence ideation.

It can not be possibly someone normal.

There could be others in danger:the violence tend to escalate in these cases
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 02:25 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Thank you - sounds very plausible and explains the strange 911 call language …

Very upsetting that the powers that be know everything about us including facial, geo and household and thought process data and can extrapolate our daily comings and goings in excruciating details

They are even able to share it all with foreign governments with impunity but can’t summon the web activities of the local area in this unsettling, upsetting and unimaginable crime?

I just think it is some weirdo hooked up on gore with the violence ideation.

It can not be possibly someone normal.

There could be others in danger:the violence tend to escalate in these cases

It could be that the authorities don't want to fan this freak's fantasy in anyway by giving out too much detail about the crime. They definitely don't want a repeat.

Old 11-28-2022, 03:01 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,580,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's still a private home, it doesn't belong to the school. Even if it was, why is it "of course" it has twin beds? In a dorm room they need small beds, but this was a huge house. If I were furnishing it and wanted the most rent possible, I would not be putting twin beds in there.

The University website, under "off campus housing" just provides various rental companies and options for students to look into themselves to rent. They don't own the properties.

https://www.uidaho.edu/student-life/off-campus-housing

I said that because I live in and work for a small municipality with two very big colleges within the city limits. Most of the off campus privately owned student housing offers at least some furnishings, usually crappy twin beds and an old sprung couch, nothing good, but often stuff like that allows the landlords to advertise their student housing as "furnished student housing" (usually with an exclamation point at the end).

So I admit it, am guilty of assuming this is common practice.

And to address the design of the house, two floors on one side, with a lower floor making it three stories, on the other, is very common here. Not just student housing. Many houses are built like that. It's hilly country.

Old 11-28-2022, 03:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I've heard/seen the theory that the girls went upstairs to the kitchen and saw Ethan's body in the hallway. Horrified and hysterical, they ran downstairs and out the door where they ran into friends. The one roommate had called 911 and had her phone in her hand but was so rattled as to be incoherent.... something about Ethan being hurt. The friend took the phone and tried to explain to the operator what the roommates were saying, thus the confusion and the vague description. The person talking to 911 had not seen what the girls had seen and the girls were too upset to articulate what they had seen, they were in shock.

That is one of many theories floating around out there. It makes sense that it could have happened that way given that it was noon and neighbors would have noticed and gone to the aid of two distraught girls outside.
Law enforcement said "the call came from inside the house, from one of the surviving roommate's phones".

LE also said when they discovered the passed out person, they called some friends over, and many talked to the 911 operator.

It's baffling to me, also, to believe what LE is saying happened, yet they keep saying it. The two surviving girls found a body and called it in as "unresponsive" and "passed out" from inside the home, after they had called friends over to figure out what to do.

There MUST be more to this, like they are viewing this body through a window in a locked room? And banging on the window isn't getting a response?

Old 11-28-2022, 03:18 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,726 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
.... Most of the off campus privately owned student housing offers at least some furnishings, usually crappy twin beds and an old sprung couch, ...

So I admit it, am guilty of assuming this is common practice.

Most off campus college rental housing I know of in PNW (including Moscow) has single twin beds / or pair of twins. That gives the opportunity of sharing a bedroom and reducing your rent, or going solo. Most places rent by the bedroom, not a fixed price for the entire house.

We really don't know if this was a serial / deranged perp. Or a single target gone wrong. Either, or other is plausible. One can see the benefit of facial recognition cameras Planted around each neighborhood, as in many countries.

I just cleared Global Entry after a trip from Europe. ~20 sec of a facial image only, and I was cleared. Kinda scary that with no other documentation I'm certified as specifically me from a data base of millions...by a quick travel weary picture.

Old 11-28-2022, 03:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
So go look at the photos of the home interior of the house on various college rental sites. Not a single bed in sight, and it was listed as unfurnished. It also wasn't rented "by the room."

Old 11-28-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Law enforcement said "the call came from inside the house, from one of the surviving roommate's phones".

LE also said when they discovered the passed out person, they called some friends over, and many talked to the 911 operator.

It's baffling to me, also, to believe what LE is saying happened, yet they keep saying it. The two surviving girls found a body and called it in as "unresponsive" and "passed out" from inside the home, after they had called friends over to figure out what to do.

There MUST be more to this, like they are viewing this body through a window in a locked room? And banging on the window isn't getting a response?
They could have initiated the call from inside of the house but left the house.

There was absolutely ZERO reason for the girls to minimize the scene to the 911 operator. I'm sure the call from beginning to end was freaked out and chaotic.

Old 11-28-2022, 03:25 PM

221 posts, read 424,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's a good point. He would have had time to familiarize himself/herself with the layout. It seems on the face of it that the person didn't know there were 2 more bedrooms.
Yeah which makes it seem more than likely that the killer or killers weren’t lying in wait for everyone to come home. That then leads to the most likely entry being the sliding glass door on the second floor.

If I am Not mistaken someone correct me if I am mistaken. The door at the front of the house that had a key pad code lock led right into the first floor. Which is where the 2 survivors were sleeping.

Old 11-28-2022, 03:35 PM

This was planned. The killer had watched the house for some time leading up to the crime. He knew which doors the kids entered. He knew which lights went/on off in the house. I believe that he knew that the there were two girls on the lower floor, he just hadn't gotten to them, yet, when something happened that made him abruptly leave the scene.

Old 11-28-2022, 04:07 PM

513 posts, read 470,914 times
six bedrooms

There were two surviving girls and four victims so where were they all sleeping?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events