Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2022, 04:58 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,096,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Confronting him, from their position of being asleep in bed?
I mean the people he came in contact with. It doesn't sound like they were all in bed. But we don't really have enough information to know for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 05:03 PM

18,114 posts, read 15,696,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post

Did the two survivors tell police and confirm to them that their bedroom door was locked?

I am talking about the bedroom on the 1st floor where the survivors slept
We're not privy to what the 2 unharmed females told police or any other details not being shared to protect the investigation.

However, some people claiming to be in the know (take that with a big grain of salt) said their doors (or door if they were in the same bedroom that night) was locked.

Makes sense since their 2 bedrooms are on the same level as where the cars park and those bedrooms are closest to the front door, with people coming and going at all hours, with multiple roommates and their friends.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:08 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
but they all were sleeping in their beds when they were killed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
That's what was originally said, but a later interview said that it may be that all the victims were not in their beds asleep when murdered. I recall one in which was said Ethan was found in the hallway.
Home from work now so I’m probably way late for this, but I wanted to see if the police actually said they were all in their beds. I recall them saying they were sleeping when attacks occurred, which in my mind leaves open the possibility that they weren’t necessarily found in their beds. They could have just been surprised and unable to defend themselves like they would have had they been fully awake at the time of the attack. Maybe that’s already been addressed but it’s been on my mind.

Heck, for all I know they named a suspect since this morning. I’ve been unable to follow news while I was at work. Checking now…

Old 11-28-2022, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in that house again, but who knows with people. It might be better to tear it down, when the investigation comes to an end. Imagine living near it and have to look at that house everyday.
I bet it’s the next Halloween house - abandoned and the local kids dare each other to go into the “haunted house.” It really would be better just to tear it down and leave it alone.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:18 PM

7,114 posts, read 4,833,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Home from work now so I’m probably way late for this, but I wanted to see if the police actually said they were all in their beds. I recall them saying they were sleeping when attacks occurred, which in my mind leaves open the possibility that they weren’t necessarily found in their beds. They could have just been surprised and unable to defend themselves like they would have had they been fully awake at the time of the attack. Maybe that’s already been addressed but it’s been on my mind.

Heck, for all I know they named a suspect since this morning. I’ve been unable to follow news while I was at work. Checking now…
Also, I’m seeing people here saying the two surviving roomates were together in a locked room? I haven’t seen that. I’d assumed they were each in their own room, asleep.

Link anyone?

Old 11-28-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
This was planned. The killer had watched the house for some time leading up to the crime. He knew which doors the kids entered. He knew which lights went/on off in the house. I believe that he knew that the there were two girls on the lower floor, he just hadn't gotten to them, yet, when something happened that made him abruptly leave the scene.
I think so as well. Unless it was the ex-boyfriend who never intended to kill the two downstairs at all, and may not even have intended to kill Ethan and Xana but was seen all bloody. All pure speculation because we don’t know the order of the attacks, which the police do know. It’s quite a good way to tell if a person’s eventual confession is accurate or not, but it sucks for us. Let’s hope they solve this thing quickly because the families and residents of that town need to know there isn’t some crazed killer on the loose.

Last edited by katygirl68; 11-28-2022 at 06:02 PM..

Old 11-28-2022, 05:22 PM

17,402 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
It's really of no value in catching the criminal, is the thing. If the voice of the murderer were on the call, there would be a lot of interest in releasing it - as it is, it's just a peripheral curiosity.
Yeah, that's why I doubt we'll hear the 911 call until the killer is caught and brought to trial. Until then the authorities are going to be keeping their lips zipped and the lid on tight.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I don't know if they'll ever play the call publicly. If they were freaked out, LE has completely mischaracterized their phone call to 911.
I don’t think LE is under any duty to tell the public everything they know. The 911 call will eventually be released. I’m sure it will be needed at trial.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:28 PM

17,402 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think so as well. Unless it was the ex-boyfriend who never intended to kill the two downstairs at all, and may not even have intended to kill Ethan and Xana but was seen all bloody. All pure speculation because we don’t know the order of the attacks, which the police do knows. It’s quite a good way to tell if a person’s eventual confession is accurate or not, but it sucks for us. Let’s hope they solve this thing quickly because the families and residents of that town need to know there isn’t some crazed killer on the loose.
I'm just not seeing a normal college kid doing anything remotely like this. Kaylee was a happy go lucky girl with a bright future and I really can't see her being attracted to a dark, angry boyfriend.

Even at the food truck, Kaylee was carefree and giggly, not a care in the world. If she had been at all scared of her ex she wouldn't be calling him and asking him to come over. Nor would she be reminding him that they shared a dog together. No way would she do that. She and her ex were amicable. I'm sorry that this young guy has been put through such a ringer of speculation. It just adds to the tragedy of the situation.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:47 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
If this is a Serial Killer / Stranger to the area he may have moved on by now and it may be be very difficult to know who killed these students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events