Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2022, 04:18 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,088,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
But they should be more interested in the earlier hours in that case, because that would be when he entered the house.
I don't disagree with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 04:42 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,088,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
But then why did the killer or killers leave the 2 students on the 1st floor unharmed. If he was in the house lying in wait. One would think he would have noticed all 6 people arrive home. Since every single person in the house was gone until 1or 2am.
Maybe he killed the people who were confronting him. The two on the first floor were asleep through the whole ordeal, so there was no reason to kill them. After he killed the four upstairs he was free to escape undetected. Criminals will do desperate things not to get caught. Often they end up getting involved in police chases and even shootouts with the police in desperate attempts not to get caught.

This is why I believe murder was not the primary motive. At least mass murder of every one was not the motive. Because he didn't kill the last two.

I know that might not be a very good explanation, but when you are dealing with criminals who are not thinking rationally, their actions don't always make sense.

Last edited by Cloudy Dayz; 11-28-2022 at 04:51 PM..

Old 11-28-2022, 04:48 PM

18,109 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
six bedrooms

There were two surviving girls and four victims so where were they all sleeping?
1 victim was the boyfriend of one of the gals in the house. He stayed over and was killed, as was his girlfriend.

5 females lived in the home. 3 were killed, 2 were in a locked first floor bedroom and were not found or harmed.

Male & female on the 2nd floor killed, 2 females on the 3rd floor killed.

5 bedrooms occupied out of 6 by the roommates who lived there.

Old 11-28-2022, 04:50 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
They could have initiated the call from inside of the house but left the house.

There was absolutely ZERO reason for the girls to minimize the scene to the 911 operator. I'm sure the call from beginning to end was freaked out and chaotic.
I don't know if they'll ever play the call publicly. If they were freaked out, LE has completely mischaracterized their phone call to 911.

Old 11-28-2022, 04:51 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Maybe he killed the people who were confronting him. The two on the first floor were asleep through the whole ordeal, so there was no reason to kill them. After he killed the four upstairs he was free to escape undetected. Criminals will do desperate things not to get caught. Often they end up getting involved in police chases and even shootouts with the police in desperate attempts not to get caught.

This is why I believe murder was not the primary motive. At least mass murder of every one was not the motive. Because he didn't kill the last two.
Confronting him, from their position of being asleep in bed?

Old 11-28-2022, 04:53 PM

18,109 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Evidence will come out at a trial, which is exactly where and when evidence should be made available to the public. That would include the 911 call.

Until then... they will likely release very little to protect the case for prosecution.

Old 11-28-2022, 04:55 PM

17,399 posts, read 16,540,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know if they'll ever play the call publicly. If they were freaked out, LE has completely mischaracterized their phone call to 911.
The authorities need to catch the killer and bring him to trial. Then we'll hear the 911 call. I doubt we'll hear anything before that.

Old 11-28-2022, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The authorities need to catch the killer and bring him to trial. Then we'll hear the 911 call. I doubt we'll hear anything before that.
It's really of no value in catching the criminal, is the thing. If the voice of the murderer were on the call, there would be a lot of interest in releasing it - as it is, it's just a peripheral curiosity.

Old 11-28-2022, 04:56 PM

221 posts, read 424,596 times
[QUOTE=lottamoxie;64516851]1 victim was the boyfriend of one of the gals in the house. He stayed over and was killed, as was his girlfriend.

5 females lived in the home. 3 were killed, 2 were in a locked first floor bedroom and were not found or harmed.

Male & female on the 2nd floor killed, 2 females on the 3rd floor killed.

5 bedrooms occupied out of 6 by the roommates who lived there.[/quote]

Did the two survivors tell police and confirm to them that their bedroom door was locked?

I am talking about the bedroom on the 1st floor where the survivors slept

Old 11-28-2022, 04:57 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Most off campus college rental housing I know of in PNW (including Moscow) has single twin beds / or pair of twins. That gives the opportunity of sharing a bedroom and reducing your rent, or going solo. Most places rent by the bedroom, not a fixed price for the entire house.

We really don't know if this was a serial / deranged perp. Or a single target gone wrong. Either, or other is plausible. One can see the benefit of facial recognition cameras Planted around each neighborhood, as in many countries.

I just cleared Global Entry after a trip from Europe. ~20 sec of a facial image only, and I was cleared. Kinda scary that with no other documentation I'm certified as specifically me from a data base of millions...by a quick travel weary picture.
I’m not digging the idea of cameras everywhere. If it’s on private residences I’m somewhat okay with it, but when you have the government doing it? Uh, NO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events