Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2022, 06:40 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I don't know how many cases I've heard where the murderer is close to the family, often a relative, and the family never would have imagined he or she could have done it.

I'm hoping not of course, but if it turns out that way, totally not surprising.
Yes, it wouldn’t be surprising at all. It’s hard to imagine how someone could sit there acting like they’re concerned and shocked when all along they’re hiding the fact that they’re the killer, but it happens all the time. Most people do know their killers after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Have you not seen any pictures of the house? It has been all over the news and also on/in many of the posts here.

Anyway, I would describe the house as a two story house (when view from the front), but there is actually a floor BELOW the first floor which might normally be considered as a basement, but this "basement" actually opens out onto ground level on the rear of the house. There appears to be a gravel parking lot just outside this lowest floor level.

So, from the rear, you can see that it is a 3-story house, but from the front it looks like a 2-story house because the lowest level is not visible from the front, but it's clearly visible from the rear of the house.
Yes, I had seen the house from different angles, but I assumed the front and back door were on the same level but apparently they’re really on different floors. Very strange.

Old 11-27-2022, 07:21 PM

2,019 posts, read 3,192,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yes, I had seen the house from different angles, but I assumed the front and back door were on the same level but apparently they’re really on different floors. Very strange.
This type of house is very common in the Midwest. When I moved from California to the Midwest several years ago I too thought it very odd. Not anymore though

Old 11-28-2022, 04:47 AM

513 posts, read 470,050 times
Police think the killer knew the house and had been in there before and Ethan was just spending the night there with his girlfriend.

but I think Ethan was the target, the killer would be following him there and was watching him through the back windows .

the detectives must be tracking a car on the videos cameras on the streets following him

Old 11-28-2022, 04:56 AM

Almost two weeks after the stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students, police are still searching for clues and asking the public for help,

https://6abc.com/4-students-killed-a...ment/12497061/

Old 11-28-2022, 06:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Two hundred miles over the Texas plains is a different kind of 200 miles than over the Oregon mountains, canyons, and really crappy roads you'd have to navigate from Salem to Moscow.
I wouldn't know - I don't do much driving over the Texas plains. I live in NE Texas.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpliving View Post
This type of house is very common in the Midwest. When I moved from California to the Midwest several years ago I too thought it very odd. Not anymore though
Don’t get me wrong, it seems strange but cool. I’d love the back patio looking towards the mountains. I could see why it was a sought after house for students. It’s sad because I don’t see how anyone would want to live in it now.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:15 AM

9,526 posts, read 16,507,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Don’t get me wrong, it seems strange but cool. I’d love the back patio looking towards the mountains. I could see why it was a sought after house for students. It’s sad because I don’t see how anyone would want to live in it now.
I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in that house again, but who knows with people. It might be better to tear it down, when the investigation comes to an end. Imagine living near it and have to look at that house everyday.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:42 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,609 posts, read 17,940,183 times
And update. No new news, but a good wrap-up of what they know, and what's being done to try to solve this:

https://idahonews.com/news/local/mos...of-ui-students

Since ALL of the people were out of the house for the evening until 1 a.m., it seems very possible that the murderer was in the house when they returned, hiding somewhere.

Old 11-28-2022, 08:05 AM

I also think why the victims were stabbed and killed one at a time . There were six bedrooms and most likely had six twin beds and Ethan Xana did not sleep together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events