Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 10:12 AM

36,793 posts, read 31,078,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
She texted him about getting takeout while he was working in their home office in the basement. Then it's alleged by the prosecution that she used Apple Maps to determine how long that would take. That can seem innocuous when no one gets murdered, I will grant you that, although the prosecution said it was an unusual request as the restaurant was 25 minutes away.
If he is in the basement and it is necessary to text one another I would say he is not watching the situation and it could have been possible for her to hurt the kids with him right there in the house. The claim was he began working at home to help and monitor his wife's condition. I would think her requesting take out from a place far away would through up a red flag.
IDK but if it were me and I knew my spouse was suffering from PPP and had been on all those varying meds I would have made a different choice, cooked, taken them all with me, door dash or something.

It will be interesting to watch this case unfold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2023, 10:17 AM

16,862 posts, read 8,547,428 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If he is in the basement and it is necessary to text one another I would say he is not watching the situation and it could have been possible for her to hurt the kids with him right there in the house. The claim was he began working at home to help and monitor his wife's condition. I would think her requesting take out from a place far away would through up a red flag.
IDK but if it were me and I knew my spouse was suffering from PPP and had been on all those varying meds I would have made a different choice, cooked, taken them all with me, door dash or something.

It will be interesting to watch this case unfold.
Maybe he was on a call?? I mean the man's gotta pay the bills right? He was WFH in a home with 3 kids and a wife with mental issues. This wasn't his fault. If he was in the basement working on a project or on a call I dont see it odd that she texted him.

I'm sure he wishes he did take the kids with him now or hadn't gone at all!

Old 02-09-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Maybe he was on a call?? I mean the man's gotta pay the bills right? He was WFH in a home with 3 kids and a wife with mental issues. This wasn't his fault. If he was in the basement working on a project or on a call I dont see it odd that she texted him.

I'm sure he wishes he did take the kids with him now or hadn't gone at all!
I'm not saying it is his fault. I did not say it was his fault. I am saying that I have heard from various articles, etc. that they were well aware of her condition, that they had been seeking help and under a doctors care and that he was doing everything to assist; working from home to help with everything and to keep an eye on her because it was not good for her to be alone with the kids, going to appointments with her etc.

What was the point or the point in using that in the defense if in reality they stayed in separate parts of the house and communicated via text and he would go out for an hour or more at a time and leave her alone. It would not otherwise be odd, but she had a known condition of psychosis in which it is not unheard of for mothers to kill their children. Personally, I would want that person to be in my line of sight or at least hearng.

Old 02-09-2023, 11:27 AM

There's no proof that they were never around each other in the house but he worked at Microsoft so I'm sure he needed to get work done and not have his wife and 3 kids in the background all day long

In hindsight there are soo many other things they should have done but I can't imagine anyone saw this coming. He should have taken FMLA (maybe he did at some point?), she should have been hospitalized longer, they shouldnt have had a 3rd or even a 2nd kid but who knew.

Old 02-09-2023, 11:42 AM

Quote:
There's no proof that they were never around each other in the house but he worked at Microsoft so I'm sure he needed to get work done and not have his wife and 3 kids in the background all day long

In hindsight there are soo many other things they should have done but I can't imagine anyone saw this coming. He should have taken FMLA (maybe he did at some point?), she should have been hospitalized longer, they shouldnt have had a 3rd or even a 2nd kid but who knew.
That they were never around each other in the house is not in question.
Her state of mind at the time of the murders, whether she was insane or not, whether she was aware that what she was doing was wrong, is what is in question.

The prosecution is saying she did know what she was doing, that she was out and about, taking her child to a doctors appointment and that she did not seem in anyway out of sorts. They implied communication was via text so the husband would not be as aware of his wife's mental state. The defense says they were aware of her fragile state thus the husband doing WFH and accompanying her to appointments. Sounds to me like these stories conflict.

Old 02-09-2023, 12:54 PM

88,863 posts, read 85,308,002 times
Quote:
I'm not saying it is his fault. I did not say it was his fault. I am saying that I have heard from various articles, etc. that they were well aware of her condition, that they had been seeking help and under a doctors care and that he was doing everything to assist; working from home to help with everything and to keep an eye on her because it was not good for her to be alone with the kids, going to appointments with her etc.

What was the point or the point in using that in the defense if in reality they stayed in separate parts of the house and communicated via text and he would go out for an hour or more at a time and leave her alone. It would not otherwise be odd, but she had a known condition of psychosis in which it is not unheard of for mothers to kill their children. Personally, I would want that person to be in my line of sight or at least hearng.
I think like most people, they never dream THEIR loved one could do THAT.

Old 02-09-2023, 01:41 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Exactly. Who would ever ever imagine this. The poor man was going to take miralax and take out dinner. He wasn't hitting up the bar or even going into the office. He was gone for about 40 min

I suspect their relationship was not going well...it almost seemed like her sending him on these errands was a big f*ck you. She didn't care what he came home to.

Old 02-09-2023, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Who would ever ever imagine this. The poor man was going to take miralax and take out dinner. He wasn't hitting up the bar or even going into the office. He was gone for about 40 min

I suspect their relationship was not going well...it almost seemed like her sending him on these errands was a big f*ck you. She didn't care what he came home to.
Ugh, din't see how it can be going well when your partner has those issues. You are no longer on equal footing, but now one is a caregiver under extreme stress.

HE could probably use a shrink now. He has to be full of what-ifs.

Old 02-09-2023, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Of course not but now they will have to prove she was "insane" during the time she murdered her kids.

Old 02-09-2023, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Of course not but now they will have to prove she was "insane" during the time she murdered her kids.
I wonder if each side gets to appoint a psychiatrist to evaluate her or if the court appoints one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events